For the MDR , we still order everything at once?

I went to Royal post covid when the menu was digital and I remember I had to order everything at once. 

Now that they have new menus, can we still order appetizers main, and dessert all at once?

Thanks 

1 hour ago, mcatmcat said:

I went to Royal post covid when the menu was digital and I remember I had to order everything at once. 

Now that they have new menus, can we still order appetizers main, and dessert all at once?

Thanks 

Yes, they prefer that you order your entire meal at the outset.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HappyTexan44 said:

If you don't want to be rushed and aren't sharing a table, can you order courses one at a time?   

It's easier for everyone to order at once, so that less trips are made, and the kitchen has the numbers to prep for the next round.  Plus you might not be rushed, but that table does need to be turned for the next group

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HappyTexan44 said:

If you don't want to be rushed and aren't sharing a table, can you order courses one at a time?   

You can eat as slow as you want, but the waiter will want to get all of your orders at once.

1 hour ago, MommaBear55 said:

I have no problem ordering starters and mains at once but I don't know if I'm going to be hungry for dessert at that time. I just let them know I'll decide after I eat. So far that has worked well. 

We are the exact same way! I hate ordering dessert at the beginning because then I might not have room for it. But they are always accommodating when I tell them if we can decide on dessert after our meals.

• Like 3

is there really a cruise line where you order an app...look at the menu..order the main...look at the menu then dessert? id hate keeping the menu on the table.

i never was a server but ive seen locally that the server eyeballs how far along you are with your meal then puts things in appropriately but i doubt thats how it is on the ship. they probably have standard times they do

1 hour ago, luckyinpa said:

is there really a cruise line where you order an app...look at the menu..order the main...look at the menu then dessert? id hate keeping the menu on the table.

i never was a server but ive seen locally that the server eyeballs how far along you are with your meal then puts things in appropriately but i doubt thats how it is on the ship. they probably have standard times they do

On Celebrity the dessert menu is separate and brought out after you finish the meal. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ahahn078 said:

You can order everything at once. In fact, the servers want you too, at least based on my experience on the Anthem.

Oasis at end of Feb, we wanted to try/share a 2nd entree and  they said sure but it’ll come out after your others. We said, what? Just bring it we want to try it, they again said no, the station manager came and explained that this is the norm, now, I questioned this, but also noted, this was my first cruise since the menu rolled out.   It came up again, when my wife requested the lobster tail with xx and was told again yup they will come out at separate times, after questioning it again, they brought it out together which was worse since we were told no,  this is the new policy and then they did it anyway 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, CanadaRob said:

Oasis at end of Feb, we wanted to try/share a 2nd entree and  they said sure but it’ll come out after your others. We said, what? Just bring it we want to try it, they again said no, the station manager came and explained that this is the norm, now, I questioned this, but also noted, this was my first cruise since the menu rolled out.   It came up again, when my wife requested the lobster tail with xx and was told again yup they will come out at separate times, after questioning it again, they brought it out together which was worse since we were told no,  this is the new policy and then they did it anyway 

Crazy! More work for the wait staff and more waiting for the second order. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, davekathy said:

On Celebrity the dessert menu is separate and brought out after you finish the meal. 

I like that idea - I might think I am going to have room for dessert when I order, but there have been times I left it behind. . .