Dining on Anthem

We’ve recently booked a cruise on Anthem where we opted for traditional dining. However we hadn’t realised that there are 4 MDR. How does this work? Do they all have the same menu each night? I’d appreciate any information that you can share. 
Thanks in anticipation. 

22 minutes ago, Cat4158 said:

We’ve recently booked a cruise on Anthem where we opted for traditional dining. However we hadn’t realised that there are 4 MDR. How does this work? Do they all have the same menu each night? I’d appreciate any information that you can share. 
Thanks in anticipation. 

They all have the same menu.  Just different decor.   (originally they were designed for the short-lived "dynamic dining" where there were differences in the cuisine in each dining room)

Same deck, room, wait staff & table.  Table # will be printed on your sea pass card.  Some cruisers like to go when they 1st get on the ship to find where their table is located, so they know where to go at dinner time. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cat4158 said:

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. So am I correct to assume we’ll be assigned to one dining room for the whole cruise? 

You can email Royal two weeks before your cruise to request a specific dining room and table location. Check out the dining rooms on YouTube to see what they look like. Some could not care less about where they eat, some like my wife are only happy in the Grande at a large table. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jeh10641 said:

I thought two of the dining rooms were designated for My Time Dining and two for Traditional (2 seatings).

Hello,

Agreed. But there is nothing stopping you from choosing your own 'set dining' time for the duration of the cruise in one of the MTD dining rooms.

Cublet

Edited by cublet
  • Thanks 1

I was on Anthem last month. As previously stated, your sea pass card will show your assigned dining room and table. Silk and American Icon Grill (deck 4) were only used for early seating. On deck 3, The Grand was used for early and late seatings. Chic was for My Time Dining. Same menu in all four restaurants. 

• Like 3

They seemed to be putting MTD in with traditional seating on our Feb cruise on Anthem. We were in Silk, early seating and watched them seat MTD folks amidst traditional diners. 

Doesn't matter where we sit, foods all the same. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We were on Anthem last August and never went to the MDR because the Windjammer was brilliant! Have what you want and as much (or little) of it as you want. I do find in the MDR, no matter what dish you have, you get a big lump of meat (say a lamb shank) and hardly any veg...even when you ask for extra! Thats why most of the time we go to the WJ...just my opinion!!😉

Simon

• Like 1

On 3/16/2023 at 5:50 AM, cublet said:

Hello,

Agreed. But there is nothing stopping you from choosing your own 'set dining' time for the duration of the cruise in one of the MTD dining rooms.

Cublet

If you are OK with the set timing times (early or late) you are better off with those since you are guaranteed the same table each night and no waiting.

• Like 1

We enjoy the Windjammer for breakfast, lunch and sometimes an afternoon snack but prefer the ‘occasion’ of a meal with service on an evening. It’s great that there are so many varied dining options and everyone can choose a way that makes their time on board special for them. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, LB_NJ said:

If you are OK with the set timing times (early or late) you are better off with those since you are guaranteed the same table each night and no waiting.

Hello,

Yes this is true. Whilst you will get A table at the same time, it may not be the same table.

Regards,

Cublet

We're on the anthem now- agree 100% about the great WJ food.    We did 3 night speciality dining package,  and were planning on doing MDR the other nights,  but on day 1, due to timing,  we headed to the Windjammer for dinner.  We were blown away with the selection (lots of Indian food) and the taste.  As expected, the desserts were nothing spectacular ( except creme Brule, and blueberry cobbler with vanilla sauce).   We ended up eating at the WJ every night except our 3 nights for the package.   It was awesome.  

Edited by Toddcan
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Regarding Music Hall...are the views better on the first floor or the second?  Also, I'll be in a scooter if that matters.  

Definitely the first floor. The second floor has limited seating along the railings that allow for a clear view to the lower level. There are many other seats on the upper level but without a view/good view of the lower level.

• Like 1

On 3/17/2023 at 4:00 PM, sddsddean said:

We were on Anthem last August and never went to the MDR because the Windjammer was brilliant! Have what you want and as much (or little) of it as you want. I do find in the MDR, no matter what dish you have, you get a big lump of meat (say a lamb shank) and hardly any veg...even when you ask for extra! Thats why most of the time we go to the WJ...just my opinion!!😉

Simon

AGREE!!!!

On 3/16/2023 at 6:07 PM, Mr. Spock said:

I was on Anthem last month. As previously stated, your sea pass card will show your assigned dining room and table. Silk and American Icon Grill (deck 4) were only used for early seating. On deck 3, The Grand was used for early and late seatings. Chic was for My Time Dining. Same menu in all four restaurants. 

Interesting … Our last #9 cruise was in January 2023 and aside from short time of Dynamic dining in 2016 Silk & AIG were always MTD restaurants while Chic & Grande were for Traditional. We always do MTD and several times were seated in Chic or Grande, but it was rather an exception 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, pcur said:

AGREE!!!!

Since the Windjammer is so great on the Anthem.....in the morning, do they have a station that does eggs to order?  Such as over easy or an omelette.  

We were on the Oasis for 12 days last year and were extremely disappointed that they did not have such a station.  Unlike our subsequent sailings on the NCL Prima, NCL Encore, Carnival Celebration and Carnival Mardi Gras.

16 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Since the Windjammer is so great on the Anthem.....in the morning, do they have a station that does eggs to order?  Such as over easy or an omelette.  

We were on the Oasis for 12 days last year and were extremely disappointed that they did not have such a station.  Unlike our subsequent sailings on the NCL Prima, NCL Encore, Carnival Celebration and Carnival Mardi Gras.

They certainly did last August and I can’t believe they would get rid of it. Also had a pasta station and stir fry station nearly every lunch and dinner…oh, and eggs Benedict at breakfast if you want them.

Simon

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sddsddean said:

They certainly did last August and I can’t believe they would get rid of it. Also had a pasta station and stir fry station nearly every lunch and dinner…oh, and eggs Benedict at breakfast if you want them.

Simon

They also had it on both Ovation and Quantum in Oct.

On 3/15/2023 at 7:38 PM, taglovestocruise said:

You can email Royal two weeks before your cruise to request a specific dining room and table location. Check out the dining rooms on YouTube to see what they look like. Some could not care less about where they eat, some like my wife are only happy in the Grande at a large table. 

Is there a specific email address for this?

Cheers

Len

Edited by Giantfan13
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2023 at 5:50 AM, cublet said:

Hello,

Cublet

As long as you don't mind eating after 6:45 pm.  And you pick that time months and months before your sailing.