Do soda machines offer water?

I apologize if this question has already been asked. I recently have been to my Dr. and now I am on a strict diet due to health issues. I can only drink water or flavored water. DH and I purchased the premier beverage package for our future cruise. Do the soda machines offer water or should I purchase a water package for myself? Thank you kindly. Happy Cruising!!!

30 minutes ago, Peachestravels said:

I apologize if this question has already been asked. I recently have been to my Dr. and now I am on a strict diet due to health issues. I can only drink water or flavored water. DH and I purchased the premier beverage package for our future cruise. Do the soda machines offer water or should I purchase a water package for myself? Thank you kindly. Happy Cruising!!!

Water is readily accessible throughout the ship at all bars and is perfectly safe and good to drink

No need to purchase ... 

Cheers

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Peachestravels said:

Just my opinion, but if you can only drink water (whether flavored or not), I would definitely drop the premier (do you mean Deluxe?) package for yourself.  Why spend all of that money when you can't take advantage of it?  

If your DH still wants the Deluxe (alcoholic) package, call Royal, explain the situation and see what the minimum package you need to get is.  Based on reports here, most have to get the Refreshment package, which includes unlimited bottled water.  BUT, that's going to run $20-30 per day, whereas the water package is only ~$30, but is limited to the bottled water delivered to your cabin (either 12 or 24 bottles depending on size).  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Peachestravels said:

Yes. water both sparkling and still, is available from the soda machines.  There is Flavored water as well. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

if you can only drink water (whether flavored or not), I would definitely drop the premier (do you mean Deluxe?) package for yourself. 

I would definitely call RCI and do what S.A.M.J.R. said - change your package to refreshment. If your DH isn't going to break even on his package or you on your, maybe, cancel the deluxe alcohol package and pay for alcohol as DH goes?

That would also be an option.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

no. The machine will only work with a chipped tumbler.

Has that recently changed?  I could be wrong, but I swear I remember outside of Sorrento’s, they had cups stacked for water to get from the Freestyle machine.

35 minutes ago, TheBucketLister said:

Has that recently changed?  I could be wrong, but I swear I remember outside of Sorrento’s, they had cups stacked for water to get from the Freestyle machine.

didn't see it on Harmony in 2021 or on Allure in 2022.

1 hour ago, TheBucketLister said:

I was on Navigator earlier this month and the machines did not permit dispensing of water without a chipped tumbler.

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Yes, the free water only option seems to have been removed - it may be machine/ship dependent.

There is a setting on the machine for that. The water filtration in those are beasts, so I don't blame them for limiting the use to Freestyle cups only.  

One idea would be to take a Brita water bottle onboard.   We do that whenever the water is fine to drink but might taste bad.   Ship water is heavily filtered and then chlorine is added.   So you just need something to remove the Cl.   

If you flew in and wanted to stick more to flavored water you have a brita pitcher delivered to an Amazon locker nearby,  

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, artvlay said:

Can you get water from the soda machine if you don't have the package cup?

No, They only operate with the package cup.  The cup contains an RFID chip that is needed to enable the machine. 

52 minutes ago, HappyTexan44 said:

One idea would be to take a Brita water bottle onboard.   We do that whenever the water is fine to drink but might taste bad.   Ship water is heavily filtered and then chlorine is added.   So you just need something to remove the Cl.   

If you flew in and wanted to stick more to flavored water you have a brita pitcher delivered to an Amazon locker nearby,  

Going off topic a bit. Have you ever sent an Amazon package to a European city locker? How did it work out?

8 hours ago, LobsterStalker said:

Do the soda machines offer water

They did pre-shutdown, but it is hit or miss lately. Regardless, the water that comes out of the Freestyle machines is the same water that comes out of the water stations everywhere else on board.

2 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

No, They only operate with the package cup.  The cup contains an RFID chip that is needed to enable the machine. 

There used to be a water button on the front screen that could be operated without the cup with the RFID chip.  Those seem to be removed now.  People like the water from the freestyle machines because it is filtered by the machine.

2 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

There used to be a water button on the front screen that could be operated without the cup with the RFID chip.  Those seem to be removed now.  People like the water from the freestyle machines because it is filtered by the machine.

I never looked before but I know on Quantum last September you needed the cup to get anything other than ice. 

20 hours ago, alicam said:

You can also get drinking water out of the tap in your cabin   It will be the same quality as anywhere else on the ship 

This isn't accurate.  All of the soda guns, ice machines, Vitality dispensers, drinking fountains, etc. are fed by water filters installed nearby.

It's close, but it's not the same.

• Like 1