How tough is Royal enforcing their incipit patronizing "clean your plate" policy?

I eat quick. I like to get two entres, hit it and split it. No appetizer or desert nonsense. Keep that bread basket away from me. 

I'm really not looking forward to having to get into some back and forth if I'm told I can only get one entre after another. And what if I don't "sufficiently" clean the plate? Am I then forbad from from dining further? 

This entire policy seriously is the stupidest most obnoxious way they could tackle the food waste problem.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Be prepared to pay 16.99 for that second "Maine" lobster 🦞 tail.

THAT I actually understand. Lobster is expensive. NCL ditched it entirely years ago. I can understand not being able to handle pax putting away 4, 5, 6 at a time. 

But if I want to order the steak and freakin' spaghetti bolognese at the same time I don't want to get hassled about it. 

• Like 3

I think we all need to take a few chill pills.  Like any new policy, there is a break in period.  And policies in general on Royal vary from ship to ship, head waiter to head waiter, server to server.  I have always found if you are friendly and polite, you can usually get what you want. Ya know honey instead of vinegar.  

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, LoungerOnBalcony55 said:

I eat quick. I like to get two entres, hit it and split it. No appetizer or desert nonsense. Keep that bread basket away from me. 

I'm really not looking forward to having to get into some back and forth if I'm told I can only get one entre after another. And what if I don't "sufficiently" clean the plate? Am I then forbad from from dining further? 

This entire policy seriously is the stupidest most obnoxious way they could tackle the food waste problem.  

As posted above there is no clean plate policy. The policy is one entree served at a time. 

People next table to me did this and the biggest downside was they were full when 2nd plate served.

• Like 1

I haven’t ordered a second entree yet, but I do order more than one appetizer and I don’t need to “clean the plate” to get the second one. I just push it away and when they come and ask if I’m finished I simply say yes. I’m sure it’s the same for the entree. I’ve also been able to make simple changes such as gravy on the side, extra veggies, different potato, etc. 

2 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Hence why there's a new policy. So much waste with people ordering two entrees.

so much waste in the WJ too.  Last couple of cruises we stopped up there for water and a cookie at closing time and there was so much food left. I think much more waste than the minority that order second entrees and don’t finish them. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

There is no new policy just some misinformed waiters and a lot of rumors on CC!

Rumors ... here on CC?

We don't deal with rumors on CC.

We post just the way Joe Friday likes it. Just the Facts. 

image.jpeg.bde4a71dba5dba941b66994099890072.jpeg

😉

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, DirtyDawg said:

Rumors ... here on CC?

We don't deal with rumors on CC.

We post just the way Joe Friday likes it. Just the Facts. 

image.jpeg.bde4a71dba5dba941b66994099890072.jpeg

😉

Ha! Then the CC boards would be about as quiet as Central Park at 2 AM.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

We had the opposite on Freedom last week and had to ask our waiter to stop bringing food! He said that because the menu changes daily, he wanted us to try everything. While I was eating my steak and my husband the fish, the waiter brought over the fried chicken special. We ordered the salad and crab cake for apps and he also brought the spinach dip and the shrimp cocktail! Too much! But he was the best waiter we ever had.

• Like 4

Tell the waiter as an example that your spaghetti Bolognese is your appetizer and will provide your main entree in the proper sequence and time frame.  Once the waiter gets to know your idiosyncrasies the rest of your cruise should be uneventful.  For instance, in February I was sailing on Anthem and on the first night I told the waiter/asst. waiter that I wanted a specific drink under the tier level drink allowance.  He asked for my Sea Pass card and every night, thereafter, only asked if I wanted the same drink.  Never asked to see my Sea Pass again.

15 minutes ago, LoungerOnBalcony55 said:

You used to be able to order two menu items at once. Now you can't. 

You can order two menu items at the same time. .. they don't serve two entrees at once.

You seem to want to paraphrase lol. Common here on cc .. and then yell about it. 

• Like 1

We were on the Wonder, Mar 12. It may have just been our waiter, but he brought multiple appetizers and entrees out at the same time. Brought dishes he thought we should try. The experience was similar to past cruises. Our daughter does not eat lobster, so she ordered 1, we transferred to my husband’s plate and immediately her second entree was delivered. 

One evening my wife stayed in the cabin and we ordered her dinner to-go in the MDR. She wanted two entrees - steak and lobster. 

They brought us four covered dishes and when we got back to the cabin and opened them we found one entree (lobster) and two different desserts. Also the shrimp cocktail appetizer had been doubled to 8 shrimp instead of 4. 

It's like they were doing everything possible to be nice but avoid giving two entrees at once. 

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

You can order two menu items at the same time. .. they don't serve two entrees at once.

You seem to want to paraphrase lol. Common here on cc .. and then yell about it. 

Who cares about "ordering" at the same time. My point for anyone not being willfully obtuse applied to them being served at the same time, as has always been permitted in the past. 

• Like 2