Online check. We don't have an I Phone?

1 hour ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

that's it.

Can't you skip inputting most of those details an only choose your check-in time?  (and go back later and upload the photo, credit card number, etc.).   I'm asking this especially for those times when you are helping to check in others in your group for them.   Thanks!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, peter1975 said:

Can't you skip inputting most of those details an only choose your check-in time?  (and go back later and upload the photo, credit card number, etc.).   I'm asking this especially for those times when you are helping to check in others in your group for them.   Thanks!

yes, you can go directly to arrival time picking, and then check in.

28 minutes ago, peter1975 said:

But that can only be done on the app.

7 minutes ago, PolicromaSol said:

Mine was redone too...

It's almost like they preferred to do their own anyway.

Yup, exactly.   Why bother going through the effort?  Takes a few seconds for agent to snap picture at  check in to be sure it is acceptable and done.  

1 hour ago, maggie416 said:

Is this new? I never check in on the app, I use the cruise planner on royalcaribbean.com. I find that easier.

Marg

But you cannot JUST select an arrival time on the website.  As many others do, I stay up til check in opens at midnight of day 45 (or close to that YMMV) in order to get as early an arrival time as possible.  On the app, I can go directly to arrival time for everyone I am checking in and grab a time WITHOUT having to enter any other information.  7 people over 3 linked reservations in less than 2 minutes to get 10:30am arrival times.  Then I go to bed! Everyone then goes in to the app or the website (makes no difference at that point) and enters passport/address/emergency contact etc., at their leisure.  But the arrival time is already set.

16 hours ago, Tatka said:

If they do not like your photo they will retake it.

The photo taken by RCI apparently cut off the top part of my head.  I’m in the shower in my cabin when I get a phone call from Security wanting to take my photo again. I told them I’ll do it tomorrow that I’m in the shower and was going to bed.  They said they would not leave Port until they had my photo.  So, I put on my PJs and robe, got on my ECV, and met the Security Officer at Guest Relations and, together, we went down to Security and had my picture taken.  On the way down, every time the elevator stopped, it was full.  Everybody headed to the MDR.  On the fourth stop, the Security Officer made everyone get off, and took us on the elevator down.  So, yes, if they don’t like the photo, they do retake it.

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

why? What in the world?

Because I nearly couldn't get through any of the check in to get the boarding pass. I changed password 8 times it wouldn't recognise it. Must be some error in their system that password problem. With the Royal the password has always worked and the boarding pass is in my hand.

10 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Folks like ace, may need that 10 s and maybe not just for the pic.

I didn't know you couldn't proceed without the pic so they got what they are given my work logo picture which happened to fit. They can retake it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, iuki said:

The photo taken by RCI apparently cut off the top part of my head.  I’m in the shower in my cabin when I get a phone call from Security wanting to take my photo again. I told them I’ll do it tomorrow that I’m in the shower and was going to bed.  They said they would not leave Port until they had my photo.  So, I put on my PJs and robe, got on my ECV, and met the Security Officer at Guest Relations and, together, we went down to Security and had my picture taken.  On the way down, every time the elevator stopped, it was full.  Everybody headed to the MDR.  On the fourth stop, the Security Officer made everyone get off, and took us on the elevator down.  So, yes, if they don’t like the photo, they do retake it.

Last time (2 weeks ago) I was lazy again (we go through this 5 times a year) and just photographed my & DH passport photos. It was realllly bad. 🙂 

They checked it when we were entering the ship and retook it.

• Haha 1

One other issue you might come across: There will be a note saying you MUST add the app, (read further for "If you choose not to.......) and then that you must complete the health questionnaire the day before the cruise. Neither is required. They will ask the health questions at the port, quick and easy.

• Like 1

We'll be...one of many checking in to our RCI cruise in May tonight at midnight EST. Looks like from reading through these posts, our most efficient way to check-in, get an arrival time, and leave the rest of the "travel info" for later is to use the phone app. I had planned to use my laptop, but seems reading here, I can't as easily just skip to the arrival time. 

I came across a .pdf document that goes over the check-in process on the phone app. Looks like when you select check-in from the app, a list of options is displayed....starts with Travel Info...Arrival Time...Vaccination...Health and Safety. The doc outlines it all, how to add passport info, take picture etc.

But I can just select Arrival Time...fill in whatever is asked for, finish and be done, add the rest of the information later? We've not cruised on RCI since around 2019, and have no recollection of how check-in went back then, just want to have an idea for what we'll do later tonight. Thanks.

21 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

that's it.

Concerning the check in process:  there will be 2 reservations linked together and I will be doing the midnight check in for the first time.  What exactly is required to complete the process?  Do I need to have all passports in my possesion to do the check in or Is it just the passport numbers that are needed? Can the credit card that is submitted be changed after boarding? Is the photo uploading easy to do? Which method is best... app or web site planner?

18 hours ago, luckyinpa said:

obligatory math.. 3000 people times ten seconds....too many delays! good most people have a pic

Except uploading a pic is relatively new, and taking ID photos prior to boarding is not.  And your math isn't really accurate.  Using your math... 3000 * 10 = 30,000 seconds.  30,000/60 = 500 minutes.  500/60 = 8.3 hours.   The Oasis classes have 5000+ passengers.  I don't really think it took over 8 hours just to get everyone's picture. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, VegasVic14 said:

Concerning the check in process:  there will be 2 reservations linked together and I will be doing the midnight check in for the first time.  What exactly is required to complete the process?  Do I need to have all passports in my possession to do the check in or Is it just the passport numbers that are needed? Can the credit card that is submitted be changed after boarding? Is the photo uploading easy to do? Which method is best... app or web site planner?

just the passport numbers, expiration dates, credit card numbers. A photo is easy to upload. I took pics of us against a beige wall in the house and that's what I've used for a couple of years now.

I use the app to choose the arrival time - first thing, but I like to type all the other data in on a regular keyboard later, when I have time for it  - I am not good at using the phone's keyboard. 

I am sure the credit card number can be changed at boarding.

6 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

so, it wasn't a picture of YOU? just your work logo? Why even bother? 

It was the only picture on the hard drive that would fit when uploaded and I didn't know you couldn't proceed without it

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, luckyinpa said:

obligatory math.. 3000 people times ten seconds....too many delays! good most people have a pic

What you did not notice is many of those pax that already supplied a photo, have to have it redone at check in anyway.  

The real delay is Daddy thumbing through his phone trying to find all the set sail passes for his family.  

22 hours ago, poocher said:

But you cannot JUST select an arrival time on the website.  As many others do, I stay up til check in opens at midnight of day 45 (or close to that YMMV) in order to get as early an arrival time as possible.  On the app, I can go directly to arrival time for everyone I am checking in and grab a time WITHOUT having to enter any other information.  7 people over 3 linked reservations in less than 2 minutes to get 10:30am arrival times.  Then I go to bed! Everyone then goes in to the app or the website (makes no difference at that point) and enters passport/address/emergency contact etc., at their leisure.  But the arrival time is already set.

Thanks for the info. I plan on doing it at midnight also, so will just do the check in time on the app then finish the next day.

Marg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, VegasVic14 said:

Concerning the check in process:  there will be 2 reservations linked together and I will be doing the midnight check in for the first time.  What exactly is required to complete the process?  Do I need to have all passports in my possesion to do the check in or Is it just the passport numbers that are needed? Can the credit card that is submitted be changed after boarding? Is the photo uploading easy to do? Which method is best... app or web site planner?

4 hours ago, bar1068 said:

We'll be...one of many checking in to our RCI cruise in May tonight at midnight EST. Looks like from reading through these posts, our most efficient way to check-in, get an arrival time, and leave the rest of the "travel info" for later is to use the phone app. I had planned to use my laptop, but seems reading here, I can't as easily just skip to the arrival time. 

I came across a .pdf document that goes over the check-in process on the phone app. Looks like when you select check-in from the app, a list of options is displayed....starts with Travel Info...Arrival Time...Vaccination...Health and Safety. The doc outlines it all, how to add passport info, take picture etc.

But I can just select Arrival Time...fill in whatever is asked for, finish and be done, add the rest of the information later? We've not cruised on RCI since around 2019, and have no recollection of how check-in went back then, just want to have an idea for what we'll do later tonight. Thanks.

Please see my post #33.  You don’t need ANY information to select arrival times on the app.  Click check in, click on arrival time (the 2nd in a list of 3 options) select arrival time.  Go back and repeat for everyone you are checking in.  Close app, go to bed.  Complete travel information at your leisure using either the app or the website as you choose.  Once travel information is entered, you will have access to your set sail pass.

Edited by poocher
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, poocher said:

Please see my post #33.  You don’t need ANY information to select arrival times on the app.  Click check in, click on arrival time (the 2nd in a list of 3 options) select arrival time.  Go back and repeat for everyone you are checking in.  Close app, go to bed.  Complete travel information at your leisure using either the app or the website as you choose.  Once travel information is entered, you will have access to your set sail pass.

👍 Thanks, we'll be ready for later tonight!!

• Like 1