Upgrade drinks package in the cruise planner now available

TowandaUK

Just browsing my cruise planner and noticed that the option to upgrade drinks packages is available in the app. There are three choices. One shows no cc status discount, and the other 2 show the discount for different levels. 
Never seen this before, saves having to phone up if you want to upgrade.

6BEB09B3-10DA-4B8F-A1AB-44AD0EFE8A8C.png

Edited by TowandaUK
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 6

• TowandaUK changed the title to Upgrade drinks package in the cruise planner now available
10 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Doesn’t show up on my app , our cruise is in a couple of weeks 

Located in Canada 

You’re right it was in the cruise planner not the app. I’ve edited to show the correction

1 hour ago, TowandaUK said:

Just browsing my cruise planner and noticed that the option to upgrade drinks packages is available in the app. There are three choices. One shows no cc status discount, and the other 2 show the discount for different levels. 
Never seen this before, saves having to phone up if you want to upgrade.

6BEB09B3-10DA-4B8F-A1AB-44AD0EFE8A8C.png

Possibly only for you in the UK?

• Haha 1

Strange that I don't get the option of choosing the captains club discounted upgrade...but as the other poster.   it won't allow me to select just one person to upgrade.  Need to do both ...over 400 pounds for our May cruise. Will definately be cheaper to pay the difference per drink I reckon 

I’m looking forward to Celebrity working the bugs out of this and having it up and running. It would really cut down on the frustrating wait times. 

Dare we hope that if this works we may also be able to book other options with our CC discounts applied?

• Like 2

I'm in the UK and my cruise planner shows the upgrade to Premium from Classic (5% discount), but then if I scroll down to the bottom of the screen it gives 10% discount option and an Elite 15% option

4 minutes ago, iancb said:

I'm in the UK and my cruise planner shows the upgrade to Premium from Classic (5% discount), but then if I scroll down to the bottom of the screen it gives 10% discount option and an Elite 15% option

Aaah...thank you...yes mine does too 😊

I would suggest calling even if it can be done via the cruise planner.

I would also request an email confirming the upgrade from the CR on the phone and making sure you get that email before you hang up. then print it out and take it with you on your cruise.

Then, when you get on board and no upgrade shows on your account you have some written proof of your purchase.

In case you can't already tell, this is from personal experience.

Interesting, I just called the other day to add our Celebrity visa OBC to our account. At the time, the representative told me I could purchase the drink packages and wi-fi, with elite pricing, on the website versus calling. He said it worked for some people, but not everyone, so I may have to call.  But I don't have the ability to do so. Will be definitely nice if/when it is fully deployed. When I called to purchase the zero proof package and wi-fi, it took over an hour (alot of putting me on hold, working with the "back office" to apply OBC, etc). However, my husband called earlier today to do the same thing for his reservation, and it took about 10 minutes, including the initial hold time. He has all the luck😀.

We upgraded a while ago, but the option is available on our Cruise Planner.....BUT it says we are not eligible for the upgrade as we "must first purchase to upgrade". I can't see if we can apply our CC status as I can proceed or where gratuities are added (likely when checking out as with other items).

The message is confusing, maybe say "you have already upgraded" or some such, but I do think this is a step in the right direction. 

697C3287-50E0-467B-8F4C-F32B10794FE1.png

Edited by CaroleSS

I looked at a cruise where we only have AI and it told me I wasn't eligible to upgrade; maybe because the cruise is 490+ days away??  It also appears that gratuities are included; would be nice to not have to add the 20% pp. There is a 5% pre-cruise booking discount, but I did not see a way to factor in the CC discount. I'll keep checking to see if anything changes. Thanks to OP for bringing this to our attention.

Update for me - this morning the ability to upgrade on the cruise planner is inactive (I can see it but can't click on it).  It was working fine yesterday.  Hopefully they are doing some fine tuning. 

24 minutes ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

This is what shows in my Cruise Planner,,,,,Cruise in 32 days on Silhouette.

Its £280 for the both of us,,,my wife drinks Prosecco and I am happy with Guinness and Jameson’s so stick with CP.

Even if you want to move a little further up the price list I'm just not seeing the value in upgrading these days.

Going to have to put some effort in to run up a tab for around $20 a day per person just to break-even...

1 hour ago, Mark_T said:

Even if you want to move a little further up the price list I'm just not seeing the value in upgrading these days.

Going to have to put some effort in to run up a tab for around $20 a day per person just to break-even...

In 2019 it was $7.85 to upgraded , a big jump in a couple of years 

• Like 1

On 3/31/2023 at 7:53 AM, bookitdanno said:

Went into my cruise planner, there were no options for discounts for CC status.

Also forced both of us to upgrade.

Maybe only working in UK?

They changed to requiring both to have the same package a short time ago.