Currently on Board Solstice

swjumbo

From memory there’s around 2800 on board so not full.

Our American friends eat early so we’ve never queued for anything.

Currently enjoying the Sky Lounge which the newer ships don’t have.

We have the most perfect view of San Francisco as we’re ‘nose in’ and we couldn’t be happier.

We wouldn’t have this experience on an Edge Class and that’s why we love the Solstice Class! X

• Like 6

42 minutes ago, swjumbo said:

From memory there’s around 2800 on board so not full.

Our American friends eat early so we’ve never queued for anything.

Currently enjoying the Sky Lounge which the newer ships don’t have.

We have the most perfect view of San Francisco as we’re ‘nose in’ and we couldn’t be happier.

We wouldn’t have this experience on an Edge Class and that’s why we love the Solstice Class! X

We love S class too. There is so much about the ‘flow’ of the S class and the many quiet places there are to simply enjoy the view…

12 hours ago, Wineaux007 said:

We are on Solstice in October for over 30 days, and my wife has to have her nails refreshed.  Would you mind asking if they use "dipping powder" in the salon?  I have no idea what that means, but my wife says it is a must.  Thanks.

See you in October - waiting on pins and needles for this answer. We will be on Millie in 18 days - I will try and check it out for you.

13 minutes ago, JLMcruise said:

See you in October - waiting on pins and needles for this answer. We will be on Millie in 18 days - I will try and check it out for you.

I have a back up plan.  Found a couple of places in Sydney close to the cruise port during turnaround day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JLMcruise said:

I think @jelayne answered this saying no, they use shellac.

15 hours ago, In Toronto said:

Have you tried the Spa Cafe?  I do not see any mention of it in the reviews of the Solstice.  Since one of our b2b cruises will have many port days and we may not get off the ship much, the only other dining venue is the buffet.  Hoping that Spa Cafe is acceptable for a change.

You may need another few days at sea to answer my questions but would appreciate your thoughts.

We were onboard in Feb, we ate in the Spa cafe several times. Lunch was the typical pre plated salad type stuff. There was a turkey sandwich which could be made to order (i dont do mayo). Plus the usual juices and smoothies.

Were not early risers, we enjoyed breakfast a couple of times. Don't recall what we had but it was good enough to go more than once.

20 hours ago, SSFrance69 said:

Let us know how the food in Blu is and if you try anything you particularly enjoy. Sailing Aqua for the first time in July, so I'm keen to know what it's like. Enjoy!

Both breakfast and dinner were great! I think I’ve answered in other posts I’ve made, needless to say you’ll enjoy it.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Wineaux007 said:

We are on Solstice in October for over 30 days, and my wife has to have her nails refreshed.  Would you mind asking if they use "dipping powder" in the salon?  I have no idea what that means, but my wife says it is a must.  Thanks.

Looks like someone else has answered it.

16 hours ago, In Toronto said:

Thanks for doing this, swjumbo.

A couple of things:

Are you enjoying the Cruise Director?  Will they be on for the next month or so?  We find that the Cruise Director can make a good cruise even better.  

Have you tried the Spa Cafe?  I do not see any mention of it in the reviews of the Solstice.  Since one of our b2b cruises will have many port days and we may not get off the ship much, the only other dining venue is the buffet.  Hoping that Spa Cafe is acceptable for a change.

You may need another few days at sea to answer my questions but would appreciate your thoughts.

Patrick was the cruise director 2 weeks ago at least. He did a good job. We saw the Spa Cafe set up once but never again. I’m not sure if we just didn’t look at the right times, or if they decided it wasn’t worth keeping open. 

11 minutes ago, swjumbo said:

Looks like someone else has answered it.

I'm not sure if the person who answered was on Solstice, but was commenting based on experience on other Celebrity ships.  Next time you are up around the Solarium, would you mind poking your head in and ask?

31 minutes ago, Nado44 said:

When is the Solstice scheduled to be revolutionized? Last I heard/read was that it was going to take place prior to the September/October 2023 YVR-SYD Transpacific.

The ship is fully scheduled for cruises the whole month of September.

1 minute ago, davekathy said:

Do you have a current list of ships that have been revolutionized and a schedule for the others to be revolutionized? 

To my knowledge there aren't any revealed plans for major renovations, just required maintenance. A major overhaul is minimum 4 weeks. 

• Thanks 1

Hi there. We'd like to know if there are separate containers of shampoo and conditioner and body wash, or is it just one? Thanks.

Also, are there two CHIC nights? Please let us know if more people are NOT dressing up. Thanks!

ChaChing

40 minutes ago, chaching said:

Hi there. We'd like to know if there are separate containers of shampoo and conditioner and body wash, or is it just one? Thanks.

Also, are there two CHIC nights? Please let us know if more people are NOT dressing up. Thanks!

ChaChing

Yes. Three separate big ones and moisturiser too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, san diego spartan said:

Hi - thanks for taking these questions.  I'll be on the ship 4/8 and would also like to know if there are separate shampoo, condition and body wash containers and also if there is liquid hand soap or bar hand soap.  

Thank you. 

There’s body wash and hard soap too

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Wineaux007 said:

I'm not sure if the person who answered was on Solstice, but was commenting based on experience on other Celebrity ships.  Next time you are up around the Solarium, would you mind poking your head in and ask?

Was on the Solstice in December and no dip.

OVC: An excellent selection of fresh food and today we did a sample plate for you to see.

Fish, chicken pot pie, roast beef, mash and cottage pie. All delicious 

Roast beef was perfect!

We asked them to put the side of beef upside down for the photo and they did so! Lol

AD245A09-58A0-4DDB-A0FB-2ACA2FDE3B32.jpeg

FCE0368E-B2C7-4416-9C24-FFAD3D94D483.jpeg

2DF12E0F-498B-44ED-BF04-C9A0701C4978.jpeg

9D28CCC6-099A-4462-8F54-451FA5C7ACF8.jpeg

BB167529-2574-431B-9A6F-D3811C826EEC.jpeg

FFF78B28-6D00-4893-BB36-D43A8A5FE154.jpeg

63C14D14-CD1C-46D4-BEE1-86AF7CD171FB.jpeg

Edited by swjumbo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2