Currently on Board Solstice

swjumbo

3 minutes ago, poohbear8 said:

I am trying to read up as much as I can, but am confused after reading through comments here. Is there an area with loungers to get sun (or shade) that is not by the pool and open to non-suite guests?

Is the Spa Cafe open to everyone, or just AQ or suites?

Deck 12 (pool deck) and 14 (one deck above the pool deck). 

Spa Cafe is open to all. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, poohbear8 said:

I am trying to read up as much as I can, but am confused after reading through comments here. Is there an area with loungers to get sun (or shade) that is not by the pool and open to non-suite guests?

Is the Spa Cafe open to everyone, or just AQ or suites?

Yes, you have the pool deck and the deck above which have loungers

Spa Cafe is open to everyone

6 hours ago, Wineaux007 said:

Is that a recent change, because it used to be open on embarkation day.  We would always go there to avoid the crowds in the Oceanview.

Do not know if it a recent change, but Spa Cafe was closed on embarkation day on current Solstice cruise.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, davekathy said:

Deck 12 (pool deck) and 14 (one deck above the pool deck). 

Spa Cafe is open to all. 

Thank you! With so much information, sometimes I find it hard to follow and process since I have not been on the Solstice yet.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fietsen1 said:

Does anyone know who the captain is? We sailed on Celebrity a while back and we loved the captain!

believe its captain theo. i am not 100% sure but he was very nice the couple times i ran into him on the ship. his announcements was entertaining as well.

• Thanks 1

We have really enjoyed our voyages with Captain Theo "the voice from above".   He is very personable and was always willing to stop and chat with passengers are he made his way around the ship.  

• Thanks 1

On 4/15/2023 at 6:28 AM, fishmongerrules said:

believe its captain theo. i am not 100% sure but he was very nice the couple times i ran into him on the ship. his announcements was entertaining as well.

Yes it was Theo. All the Greek Captains we’ve cruised with have been charming, visible throughout the ship and warm.

None of them seek the limelight.

Enough said!

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, nashville15 said:

Thinking of doing Solstice for a Hawaii to Vancouver cruise next April. We will be on Equinox in 4 weeks, so want to book onboard to receive lower deposit and greater OBC

That's a good strategy, but sometimes prices go up considerably the longer you wait to book along with stateroom selection.

On 4/16/2023 at 1:33 PM, broadwaybaby123 said:

This may sound weird, but do you have any pictures you could share?  I'm heading out on Solstice next year.

Unfortunately not but if you go onto YouTube there are many recent (some are quite good) videos of the Solstice.

1 hour ago, 39august said:

Otherwise, your luggage may end up in the "naughty" room,

We were on this cruise, and saw a table outside the disembarkation door with many confiscated items on it.  There was a full size toaster, an electric cooking pot, extension cords and several other items.  When we boarded, security noticed the 6 foot long iPad charging cables in our carry on, and asked us to open it so they could look at the cables.  Once they saw it they were just charging cables, they let us through with them.  

On 4/20/2023 at 10:59 AM, cruiserchuck said:

We were on this cruise, and saw a table outside the disembarkation door with many confiscated items on it.  There was a full size toaster, an electric cooking pot, extension cords and several other items.  When we boarded, security noticed the 6 foot long iPad charging cables in our carry on, and asked us to open it so they could look at the cables.  Once they saw it they were just charging cables, they let us through with them.  

Power bars are a no-no.

Thanks for your willingness to answer questions while cruising!

I enjoy reading real books on sea days and utilised the Library on Eclipse in December. 😊

Is there still a Library on Solstice and how well is it stocked?

I have just read the Library has been replaced by cabins on Millennium Class ships. ☹️

Also just read Edge Class ships were built without a Library. ☹️