Just got letter from crystal

bitob

I also received the letter today. My claim was for almost three times as much as the approved amount in the letter from Crystal. When I submitted my claim, I deducted what was reimbursed by one of my credit cards used. The requested refund I submitted to Chase was denied because of the time frame. So, I really don't understand how they came up with the amount that was submitted to Crystal. Just another mess to deal with regarding the claim I submitted. 

1 minute ago, Stereojeff said:

I submitted two claims, one for me and one for my wife. So far only one claim, mine, is approved. Will the other show up? Who knows.

Jeff

I also submitted 2 claims, one for me and one for my husband.  Haven’t heard anything yet 

Nancy

8 minutes ago, nancygp said:

I also submitted 2 claims, one for me and one for my husband.  Haven’t heard anything yet 

Nancy

Submitted two claims less than a week ago, one for for each of us, for half each of the total we lost on the 2023 WC. Received confirmation of both claims today for exactly the amount we claimed. 

Interestingly, if you book a cruise where the total cruise fare is less the the 20% tranche available for that cruise, you forfeit the balance of that tranche. No big deal as I very much doubt we will book five cruises between now and the end of 2025 given the cruises we have already booked on other lines. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stereojeff said:

I submitted two claims, one for me and one for my wife. So far only one claim, mine, is approved. Will the other show up? Who knows.

Jeff

Jeff, this is a very manual process.

This is what I posted this past Saturday night.

Keith

Crystal has processed and approved hundreds of the forms submitted and should release them in the next few days.  This is done manually so it will take time to get through them.

21 minutes ago, bayonejoe said:

Is it necessary to file a claim for yourself and your spouse for a cruise or will a single filing for the cruise suffice?

thanks

We did a single filing and received it in full.  We filed that way with the ABC assignee.

For partial payments -- make sure none have to do with Endeavor sailings.  Make sure that the claim does not have River cruises.  They will only credit Serenity or Symphony sailings.

I saw a FB post wondering what about our claim for an Endeavor booking.   I hated to say that you missed the boat and that Silversea was giving 100%  credit up to 1 November for claims there.

Edited by PaulMCO

1 hour ago, bayonejoe said:

Keith,

Is it necessary to file a claim for yourself and your spouse for a cruise or will a single filing for the cruise suffice?

thanks

I just saw your post and see that PaulMCO replied and yes one claim for both is fine as PaulMCO said.

Keith

Yesterday, I received e-mail from Crystal for the full amount of my claim.  However, there is no way I will collect the full amount because I will never book five cruises by the end of 2025.  But 1/5 of my credit applied to my Sept. 2024 cruise is better than nothing.

New from the start that the program was really geared to the Crystal frequent flyers, unfortunately for us "Little guys", but it makes good business sense.  The "Little guy" always gets the short end of the stick.😮

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CorgiGuy said:

Yesterday, I received e-mail from Crystal for the full amount of my claim.  However, there is no way I will collect the full amount because I will never book five cruises by the end of 2025.  But 1/5 of my credit applied to my Sept. 2024 cruise is better than nothing.

New from the start that the program was really geared to the Crystal frequent flyers, unfortunately for us "Little guys", but it makes good business sense.  The "Little guy" always gets the short end of the stick.😮

You don’t have any friends or family who would join you on that cruise and enjoy using one of your five credits? I haven’t seen that mentioned lately but I thought it was part of the offer. 

2 hours ago, May B said:

You don’t have any friends or family who would join you on that cruise and enjoy using one of your five credits? I haven’t seen that mentioned lately but I thought it was part of the offer. 

Remember CC used to have a thread where "new to Crystal" pax could post asking for STEX sponsors?  I wonder if they would allow a similar thread to find a friend to help use these credits?  

• Thanks 1

Too bad we can’t sell them at deeply discounted rate. Win win

i have 5 discounts worth 6000+ assuming cruise costs 30k. I won’t be using them 

I wouid be delighted to sell each for 1000. Buyer gets 5000 off the cruise net. Better than nothing   

that should be part of the program but of course it won’t. They want the customers they alienated back, not those who intend to cruise crystal anywAy 

alas

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bitob said:

I wouid be delighted to sell each for 1000. Buyer gets 5000 off the cruise net. Better than nothing   
….that should be part of the program but of course it won’t.

Remember that to be used in another guests booking you also need to be cruising on the same cruise as them - so that certainly limits their use and transferability 

I don’t see anything in the terms that limits it happening as friends and family are not rigidly defined - can you see something that would limit it (of course I wouldn’t be advertising the fact - no need to poke the bear)

Yes. I also need to be cruising on crystal

highly unlikely

i am fully booked through the end of 2025

not planning to cancel anything for the itineraries offered

I have great cruises booked

the amount I would have to spend on crystal to get my money back is not worth it. I would be spending 150 k plus on cruises I don’t want to take. Each cruise would be over 30k as we like long itineraries and larger suites 

just not a good plan 

• Like 1