How to request a diet caffeine free Coke in Mini fridge

1sttimerrt

23 minutes ago, 1sttimerrt said:

I looked online and didn't see any way to make a special request for the Mini fridge in our suite.  Would we need to make that request through our TA?

Hi, you just tell your Butler you want that item in the fridge and he/she will be more than happy to assist. 

17 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi, you just tell your Butler you want that item in the fridge and he/she will be more than happy to assist. 

Lois, do you know if SS normally carries diet caffeine free Coke on their ships?  I don’t.

That’s a very unique SKU, so I was thinking the OP might need to contact Special Services at least 3-months in advance to ensure they are able to order it and have it on board for the OP’s voyage.

I'd be interested in that one too (although my preference is caffeine free diet Pepsi). This might very much depend on where you are sailing; finding diet caffeine free beverages can be difficult. (However, I have found that Diet Sprite is more common in Europe than here in North America, and that could do me for times that I don't want caffeine. I also drink regular diet Pepsi, but not in the evening.)

1 hour ago, Stumblefoot said:

Lois, do you know if SS normally carries diet caffeine free Coke on their ships?  I don’t.

That’s a very unique SKU, so I was thinking the OP might need to contact Special Services at least 3-months in advance to ensure they are able to order it and have it on board for the OP’s voyage.

Hi....my bad. I don't know and thought I was giving good info. So, I would tell the OP to take your advice and contact special services. I know they have Diet Coke but I must have read the post too fast and missed the caffene free part.  My apologies. 

• Like 2

That definitely sounds like a special request item.  If I recall correctly, last time I was onboard a SS ship they had Coke Zero, not Diet Coke (Don't ask me what the difference is, I have no idea, but I assume that they are different beverages).

I am new to SS taking my first cruise with them this summer.  In the past when I have cruised on Crystal, I always made a special request ahead of time for diet, caffeine sodas to be sure that they had it on board before we sailed.  I had planned to make the same request to SS as we get closer to the cruise.  Will be interested in hearing from anyone who makes the special request and how it is handled.

1 hour ago, Rothko1 said:

That definitely sounds like a special request item.  If I recall correctly, last time I was onboard a SS ship they had Coke Zero, not Diet Coke (Don't ask me what the difference is, I have no idea, but I assume that they are different beverages).

The taste is different. Until a recent change, I found Coke Zero tasted more like Diet Pepsi, a little sharper and maybe less sweet than Diet Coke. Then they made a change and now I find Coke Zero undrinkable. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Captainlyle said:

Just left the Silver Moon and caffeine free sugar free Coke was always available.The butler always replenished it every day.

Good to know. 

The last time I sailed from the North Atlantic into the Med, Caffeine-free Diet Coke was only available via a special order.  I didn't know that, so my excellent butler delighted me when he found it in a Great Britain port where it's known as Diet Coke No Caffeine.

• 1 month later...

Ahh, so if I want Diet Coke instead of Coke Zero on an Arctic Cruise, I just let them know in advance?  I think it would be difficult to source in the middle of Greenland.

On 4/5/2023 at 2:55 PM, jssabs said:

I am new to SS taking my first cruise with them this summer.  In the past when I have cruised on Crystal, I always made a special request ahead of time for diet, caffeine sodas to be sure that they had it on board before we sailed.  I had planned to make the same request to SS as we get closer to the cruise.  Will be interested in hearing from anyone who makes the special request and how it is handled.

They responded in a week:

"Red bull is not a standard item onboard. This item needs to be sourced. We can try to source it, please provide the quantity you would need and I’ll verify with our Procurement department. If we are able to source, there may be a charge which will be added to your onboard account.

Await your soonest reply."

their email specialservices@Silversea.com

I know they have it on regent as it is a mixer with some drinks.  If there is a charge - I'll see what it is as I can pick up 32 of them at most any grocery in Southampton the day before departure for about 28pounds.

Edited by Lonedaddy

22 hours ago, Lonedaddy said:

They responded in a week:

"Red bull is not a standard item onboard. This item needs to be sourced. We can try to source it, please provide the quantity you would need and I’ll verify with our Procurement department. If we are able to source, there may be a charge which will be added to your onboard account.

Await your soonest reply."

their email specialservices@Silversea.com

I know they have it on regent as it is a mixer with some drinks.  If there is a charge - I'll see what it is as I can pick up 32 of them at most any grocery in Southampton the day before departure for about 28pounds.

timely follow up:

"Hi Michael,

The staff will have reserved 28 cans for guests upon arrival. Free of charge.

Regards,

URSULA WEATHERSPOON

Special Service Agent – The Americas

Silversea Cruises"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dougburns said:

I was on the Dawn in March and had requested Caffeine free diet coke. The only thing they had was coke zero or diet coke. Good luck!

Which is why I made a special request to SS for my upcoming July cruise.  I've never had a problem with other cruise lines if I requested them ahead of time to have some on hand for my cruise.  So far I have not gotten a response from SS but my travel agent is doing a follow up request.  This is my first SS cruise and if they can't handle a simple request like this, I am not sure that SS will be in my future plans, especially now that Crystal is coming back. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jssabs said:

Which is why I made a special request to SS for my upcoming July cruise.  I've never had a problem with other cruise lines if I requested them ahead of time to have some on hand for my cruise.  So far I have not gotten a response from SS but my travel agent is doing a follow up request.  This is my first SS cruise and if they can't handle a simple request like this, I am not sure that SS will be in my future plans, especially now that Crystal is coming back. 

So even if working through a TA, the request is made directly with SS?  This will be our first with SS as well, so not sure how they work this.  When cruising with Celebrity, although working through a TA for the reservation, we would get the email or call directly from the shoreside concierge soliciting any special requests that dealt with this kind of thing about 30 days out from boarding.

On 4/5/2023 at 2:39 PM, Rothko1 said:

The difference is huge. Coke Zero is tasty (my opinion) and the best soft drink I’ve had (again, my opinion). Diet Coke, not so much, and I’m a Coke fan. 

44 minutes ago, MoneyGuy said:

The difference is huge. Coke Zero is tasty (my opinion) and the best soft drink I’ve had (again, my opinion). Diet Coke, not so much, and I’m a Coke fan. 

I used to like Coke Zero (I’m really a Diet Pepsi fan), but they changed the formulation here in Canada, and I now find it undrinkable. One thing to note is that the taste varies in different locations; soft drinks are tweaked to the tastes of the local population. 

10 hours ago, jssabs said:

The return email may have gone to spam they responded to me in 1 week

3 minutes ago, texanaust said:

Does anyone know if Silversea stocks Acqua Panna bottled water as a regular drink or if I need to request this in advance?  Thanks.

I thought ss was like regent and served vero water onboard.  It is very refreshing and you don’t waste all the bottles.  But they may.

18 hours ago, gnome12 said:

I used to like Coke Zero (I’m really a Diet Pepsi fan), but they changed the formulation here in Canada, and I now find it undrinkable. One thing to note is that the taste varies in different locations; soft drinks are tweaked to the tastes of the local population. 

Go to World of Coca-Cola in Atlanta where (at least pre-Covid) at the end of the tour they have many of the different worldwide formulas available for tasting and then pick the one you want for your next cruise.😄

Edited by taxatty