Boarding with water and soda

dianfarmer

Getting ready to take a cruise out of our home town. Last time we did, we had some small bottles of DietCoke since I like it for breakfast. They were taken from us when we went through security. We were told we could only bring can soda. Wondering what the current policy is for taking soda and water on the ship. We are leaving out of Baltimore

on the carnival website:

Bringing Liquor and Beverages On Board - Embarkation

Guests are prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages that are packaged in glass or plastic bottles.

On embarkation day, a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, energy drinks, juice, and milk), packaged in cans or cartons, may be brought on board and must be in the guest's carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12-ounces/354-ml each or less, per person.

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board with the following exception - at the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day only, guests (21 years of age and older) may bring one 750-ml bottle of sealed/unopened wine or champagne, per person, in their carry-on luggage. Outside this exception, all liquor, beer, other forms of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages are strictly prohibited in both carry-on and checked luggage and such items will be confiscated and discarded and no compensation will be provided. Guests sailing with us on back-to-back cruises are entitled to bring the same quantity as stated in this policy, per cruise. The additional quantities will be stored for safekeeping at the start of the first cruise and will be given to the guest as each following cruise begins.

• Like 2

It would behoove you to read Carnival's guidelines on what is and is not allowed, so that not only your sodas but anything else you may want to bring are not taken from you at the pier.

• Like 10

I just order the bottled water online, it’s $9.95 for a 12 pack and will be waiting for you in your cabin.  Each person in your party can bring a 12 pack of canned drinks. It can’t be in your checked luggage it has to be with you as you board. You can also bring more 12 packs of soda on board at each port. 

11 hours ago, mz-s said:

It would behoove you to read Carnival's guidelines on what is and is not allowed, so that not only your sodas but anything else you may want to bring are not taken from you at the pier.

You are right, please take five minutes and read the FAQ, or even the contact for those who are really interested. (I think this is the first time Behoove has been used on this site.)

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Purvis1231 said:

You are right, please take five minutes and read the FAQ, or even the contact for those who are really interested. (I think this is the first time Behoove has been used on this site.)

There's a first time for everything! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 4/6/2023 at 6:24 PM, dianfarmer said:

Getting ready to take a cruise out of our home town. Last time we did, we had some small bottles of DietCoke since I like it for breakfast. They were taken from us when we went through security. We were told we could only bring can soda. Wondering what the current policy is for taking soda and water on the ship. We are leaving out of Baltimore

If you prefer Coke, better bring it with you, as they now have Pepsi products on board.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, JennyD1 said:

If you prefer Coke, better bring it with you, as they now have Pepsi products on board.

"Captain and Pepsi" just doesn't have the same ring to it...

• Like 3

I'm not sure when your last Carnival cruise was, but this rule has been in place for a while.  Last time I was on Carnival was 5 years ago and it took me 5 min to find the answer on the website before we left.

I checked again this year when we booked the Venezia for next year and it's still on the website.

Edited by broadwaybaby123
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, mmtska said:

They have can covers on Amazon and I love them https://a.co/d/fP6QoIp

That is neat for an open can. I am talking about opening and completely resealing with no leaks. In other words, people putting something else in the cans and avoid paying for Cheers. Each 12 pack is 2.5 big bottles of liquor.

Edited by BoozinCroozin
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BoozinCroozin said:

That is neat for an open can. I am talking about opening and completely resealing with no leaks. In other words, people putting something else in the cans and avoid paying for Cheers. Each 12 pack is 2.5 big bottles of liquor.

Yup that makes more sense haha. Still-those things are awesome.

On 4/6/2023 at 11:28 PM, cruisinqt said:

I just order the bottled water online, it’s $9.95 for a 12 pack and will be waiting for you in your cabin.  Each person in your party can bring a 12 pack of canned drinks. It can’t be in your checked luggage it has to be with you as you board. You can also bring more 12 packs of soda on board at each port. 

I didn't know you could bring more on board at the ports  -thanks for the info.

2 hours ago, 7leagueboots said:

I didn't know you could bring more on board at the ports  -thanks for the info.

You’re welcome. I’d been cruising a number of years before I found out. I saw someone in line to get back on board in Aruba and they had a 12 pack of cokes with them. It went right through they never questioned anything. Now I grab some when I can especially now that they don’t carry coke anymore. 

• 4 months later...
1 minute ago, happy cruzer said:

Regarding bottled water - Is there a price difference between buying it online pre-cruise vs. once you are onboard?  My preference would be to buy the large bottles as we go if the price per bottle is the same.

Thanks.

Price is the same.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Cherries Jubilee said:

Thanks I was wondering this myself. There are 3 of us in a room so we run through quite a bit of water but it’s not the best use of space having several cases of water in the room at a time.

If you need a case of water after embarkation day, just call Room Service.

• Like 2

On 4/11/2023 at 12:18 PM, BoozinCroozin said:

Considering I have seen people putting them in big costco shampoo bottles for years... that's probably way easier than faking cans.

I didn't think to check the rules about bottled drinks on Mardi Gras in January. I have always taken bottled soda on Royal cruises so I threw 6 20 oz bottles of Dew into my checked bag. We're getting ready for another cruise on Celebration now and first saw that rule talked about on here about a month ago.