Jim_Iain Apex Key West, TansAtlantic and British Isle with a Week in Amsterdam

Jim_Iain

1 hour ago, garyl62 said:

Sorry I was misleading in that post, I meant the total time I spent in a day to keep up with the live thread I did recently was 10 to 15 minutes.  That was to answer a few questions, write up the days activities and add a few photos.  Actual time to upload was like you said just a minute or less.  You put so much into your threads I'm sure you spend more time than I did (and it shows!) but even with just a few minutes a day it's easy to keep something going.  I'd love to follow along on a 94 day trip with @Cruising Is Bliss so I hope you'll give it a try!

Ahh...

It is fast enough we are steaming YouTube TV right now.    One night I was using our Plex server and was really bad connection.   I later realize I was connected to our Home Server instead of the one on my laptop.     Prior to Skylink I couldn't even get it to give me the menu screen.

I'll definitely be flowing @Cruising Is Bliss    I think we are on with them for the last two segments of the World Cruise.

13 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

two performances.   

His intimate late show is Friday night (10:15) in The Club---arrive early with your dancing shoes on!  He's a great guy.

Edited by jwlane

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Sounds nice -   We found a perfect place for us and booked 9 month ago.  It is a two Master Bedroom unit with a large rooftop patio.     Iain's sister will be meeting us there about mid-week and join us on the British Isle cruise. 

I'd love to have a link for future cruises out of Amsterdam.  Just booked another last night that goes out of Rotterdam.  Not sure we would want to stay there.

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

I do have some.    Shhh... don't tell my Doctor.    I found a way -  Faked a positive Test -  you know how on the monitored test when the rep says do you see two line..... I just said yes.    They then directed me to a California Site and could pick it up for free at my local CVS

My husband asked his doctor for an RX of Paxlovid.  Also asked for a RX for me.  The doctor gave him the prescription, but said that I would have to ask my own doctor.  I am not sure I would take it, so I am not planning on asking for it.  I realize that Paxlovid cannot be shared, but hopefully, one pack will be enough should one of us get sick.  Now we need to get some test kits.

7 hours ago, Dar & Bob said:

@Jim_Iain  I have a silly request.  If you happen to pass through the gym on your walks can you see if they have foam rollers?  (the kind to stretch legs)  We board on May 7th and I have been using one recently and really don't want to take up space for one if I don't need to.  Thanks

Loving your report so far and glad to hear the Retreat Hosts are back to hosting 🙂  We just can't wait for our cruise.

Just took a look.   There was only one guy in gym (customer) and he knew what I was talking about.  

It isn’t soft foam but he said was great for stretching muscles. 

Name on it is TecnoGym Firm Roller for back, legs, neck and shoulders 

IMG_2364.thumb.jpeg.927d75477d8be69a9595b4124d7e2d99.jpeg

IMG_2365.thumb.jpeg.6cfe599bf3ebe0725a7ba8b7912643cc.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Just took a look.   There was only one guy in gym (customer) and he knew what I was talking about.  

It isn’t foam but he said was great for stretching muscles. 

Name on his T is TecnoGym

IMG_2364.thumb.jpeg.927d75477d8be69a9595b4124d7e2d99.jpeg

IMG_2365.thumb.jpeg.6cfe599bf3ebe0725a7ba8b7912643cc.jpeg

Thank you so so much - that saves me a lot of space.  Keeping my fingers crossed I won't need it on the trip but so great that they have them.

1 hour ago, jwlane said:

His intimate late show is Friday night (10:15) in The Club---arrive early with your dancing shoes on!  He's a great guy.

Earlier on this cruise they also had him in Retreat to do a set during Afternoon Tea.   We had received a phone call invite but took a nap instead.    

Will definitely make sure we catch his show next cruise.      The Retreat Host really speaks high of him.

3 minutes ago, Dar & Bob said:

Thank you so so much - that saves me a lot of space.  Keeping my fingers crossed I won't need it on the trip but so great that they have them.

I'll have to look into it.   The way they describe it on the TechnoGym website say it is foam with different density on the edges and center to give you the pressure want where you want it.

I have a nerve in my spine that if I overdue it backpacking can flare up.   I never believed in Chiropractors but last time it got so bad I went at my doctor's instructions.   After 4 visits he said everything was aligned again and no pains for about two years.   I recently did it again and then just before the cruise I had a really heavy pack on again and it actually must have gotten it back in place so didn't have to go in for a quick visit just before the cruise. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Iamthesea said:

I'd love to have a link for future cruises out of Amsterdam.  Just booked another last night that goes out of Rotterdam.  Not sure we would want to stay there.

My husband asked his doctor for an RX of Paxlovid.  Also asked for a RX for me.  The doctor gave him the prescription, but said that I would have to ask my own doctor.  I am not sure I would take it, so I am not planning on asking for it.  I realize that Paxlovid cannot be shared, but hopefully, one pack will be enough should one of us get sick.  Now we need to get some test kits.

My Doctor is excellent but told me that it was only under Emergency Approval for active cases and that he couldn't prescribe it prophetically.     He also told me he couldn't refill my sleeping pills for jetlagging after I hit 70.   It is like I magically change and an all 70 y.o. in the world suddenly may have balance issues if use it.    Oh well...  no trouble buying them in Mexico.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Or maybe they read my comment here --- Oops...   Iain does say I have no filter button at times.

Oh my friend, from what I have seen from your posts you are just fine.

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

The other one I felt like gave us the evil eye every time we past. 

In the past I have walked over, or waved the person over and asked them if everything is alright. Or if they wanted to tell me something since they keep looking at me. If that doesn't work, I will go talk to their boss again. I never understood the thinking of people that act this way.

Great to see you great looking gents on the move again! I told my lovely bride that I am following you two again and she said, "they are on another cruise already?" 😆

51 minutes ago, Iamthesea said:

Log onto the USPS site and they will send you 4 tests with 1-2 day delivery for free.   I took some of my daughters and she reordered -  They were delivered in 2 days.

As a Medicare recepient I was recently at Walgreen having a flu shot and they asked me if I wanted some test for free (Medicare covers it)    The gave my 6.    They were the Navica BignaxNow ones in the big box I wanted to take the FirstSteps  in a small box.   

2 minutes ago, Mike981 said:

Oh my friend, from what I have seen from your posts you are just fine.

In the past I have walked over, or waved the person over and asked them if everything is alright. Or if they wanted to tell me something since they keep looking at me. If that doesn't work, I will go talk to their boss again. I never understood the thinking of people that act this way.

Great to see you great looking gents on the move again! I told my lovely bride that I am following you two again and she said, "they are on another cruise already?" 😆

Mike --

Always good seeing (hearing) from you.     Yea... we just can't stay put.   All I can say is they never told me Retirement would be so good.     I thought we would be in the poor house and downgrading into a smaller home.  

Is your dear bride on Cruise Critic or is she like Iain and just hears what I read to him.    He has never even logged on.

Having fun with all the chatter.   Learning so much.  Now.... time to get caught up before I fall so fare behind I never catch up.

We arrived early (didn't feel or hear a thing).    After not sleeping well yesterday morning - I cheated and took 1/2 Lunesta -  (I call them my little blue pill).     I was out cold until 9:00 and feel really rejuvenated.

Iain didn't have to worry about me flinging open the drapes and bathing the glass walled bedroom with lights...   Good Morning Royal Caribbean Mariner of The Sea.

IMG_2306.thumb.jpeg.e3f33f04933bd1728f368f8918eea220.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 3

We stopped at Retreat for breakfast --   They had those wonderful Sticky Buns.    I had one along with Greek Yogurt and Fresh Raspberries and a nice Cappuccino. 

Next on the agenda was to take a visit ashore -  All I can say is Cancun has not changed.

IMG_2308.thumb.jpeg.2458be73e1cf3847951c65b055edc9f3.jpeg

IMG_2310.thumb.jpeg.955c99da8b5625c17ba3cf1f4f34c31a.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 7
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, hcat said:

Photos are "very Mexico" very colorful..

but  I'm confused

Was Cancun your port or did u take a ferry from Cozumel? ( saw the Cozumel pic)

Air head time. .... Yes we are in Cozumel today....    @hcat that's why it's important for you to stick around.    I think I've been saying Cancun all day.... should have read the sign in my pictures..

Maybe that's why it didn't look familiar but also very familiar.

IMG_2333.thumb.jpeg.85b7c8a050f3d62f730b937a926f4cc6.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Haha 8

4 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Air head time. .... Yes we are in Cozumel today....    @hcat that's why it's important for you to stick around.    I think I've been saying Cancun all day.... should have read the sign in my pictures..

Maybe that's why it didn't look familiar but also very familiar.

Honestly, it’s very easy to confuse the two! I had one vacation (land based) where we went to both, and I do have to stop and think when i see a photo from that trip “hmm…Cancun or Cozumel?”

Looks like you got a beautiful day for just wandering around the port! 

• Like 1