Extraordinary Savings Sale

Flatbush Flyer

1 hour ago, 1985rz1 said:

You do have to remember that when the price is reduced, so is the TA's commission, potentially impacting what perks a Ta can provide.

of course but to 19.50 ...that is insulting...yes it is only 1049pp...less the port charges, and we dont know what those are....

with that kind of rebate, I would just deal directly with O...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, swayingpalms2 said:

Would you mind posting a photo of this brochure for those of us who didn't get one?  We are set to go on the Marina for 2 weeks later this month.  I am not expecting any savings at this point, but would like to book more Oceania cruises for later this year.

If your cruise is on the list  just call your TA  to see if you can get the deal

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/special-offers/savings

I am not seeing any  in April  if that is the month you are sailing

35 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

of course but to 19.50 ...that is insulting...yes it is only 1049pp...less the port charges, and we dont know what those are....

with that kind of rebate, I would just deal directly with O...

Agents do not get commission on port charges/taxes

Well maybe you can just tell the TA to keep the  refund  as a tip 😉

6 hours ago, jonthomas said:

wow...

yes have to watch...but even then very difficult....once you booked to have it apply to a new sale....have to keep repeating, "lowest price guarantee" but even that only applies to on board bookings...

you need to be a very savy O consumer to know all their ins and outs...

Mine is listed! No change in price!

1 minute ago, Wasasalad said:

Mine is listed! No change in price!

Did you call ??

"Limited-Time Offer. Please contact Oceania Cruises or your preferred Travel Advisor for special fares. Call today to book!"

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Did you call ??

"Limited-Time Offer. Please contact Oceania Cruises or your preferred Travel Advisor for special fares. Call today to book!"

Yes I just called. No added discount or amenities for me! Probably because I’m already on the solo discount. 

• Like 2

I am on the Nautica Singapore to Barcelona cruise departing on May 10, 2023 for 40 days. Both legs of this BtoB cruise are part of the Extraordinary savings sales. For my cabin it would be a saving of 1.2k€. Final payment has been made already. Do you think Oceania will accept to allow me to benefit from this discounted price? Price reduction, I do not think. But maybe further OBC or free drink package? I have contacted my TA on Friday afternoon but got no answer and now I have to wait Monday at the earliest. Thanks for your thoughts on this.

On 4/13/2023 at 1:23 PM, shepherd really said:

Called O, there are actually a couple of gems here for those who actually prefer cruising to just talking about cruising.

😆 

With my budget, I talk more about cruising than I cruise. I enjoy both!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SSCAF001 said:

I am on the Nautica Singapore to Barcelona cruise departing on May 10, 2023 for 40 days. Both legs of this BtoB cruise are part of the Extraordinary savings sales. For my cabin it would be a saving of 1.2k€. Final payment has been made already. Do you think Oceania will accept to allow me to benefit from this discounted price? Price reduction, I do not think. But maybe further OBC or free drink package? I have contacted my TA on Friday afternoon but got no answer and now I have to wait Monday at the earliest. Thanks for your thoughts on this.

We inquired via our TA about the Ultimate OLife package when it was first offered for this cruise. We were told that our original fare already had many discounts (Really?) and O would not add Ultimate to our SIN-BCN cruise. 

Please let us know what you find out.

1 hour ago, jonthomas said:

You have to call to get the reduced price...it is not shown on line...

Mine is listed. But no discounted rate. I called twice two different people. I could cancel and rebook and then get the new discount but that would leave me paying more than I am paying. 

7 minutes ago, vaitape said:

We inquired via our TA about the Ultimate OLife package when it was first offered for this cruise. We were told that our original fare already had many discounts (Really?) and O would not add Ultimate to our SIN-BCN cruise. 

Please let us know what you find out.

Mine is listed. But no discounted rate. I called twice two different people. I could cancel and rebook and then get the new discount but that would leave me paying more than I am paying. 

It would probably be the same for your booking. A sale is not always a sale. It’s a promotion. 
Edited by Wasasalad

Have a 30 day grand cruise booked. both legs on the sale. IF I could rebook it would save $12,000, but we are past final payment date. TA told me they wouldn't match, but they'd see if we could get an upgrade or some other perk. not holding my breath at all, either on O or the TA putting much effort into it...

Just now, dszrew said:

Have a 30-day grand cruise booked. both legs on the sale. IF I could rebook it would save $12,000, but we are past final payment date....

This sale seems rather insane. Thankfully both segments of our B2B late in 2023 are on it and we're now saving a small fortune compared to what I thought I was paying.

BUT what is so maddening is that O already had their "20th Anniversary Sale" (mid-Jan thru end of Feb) and then the Ultimate Sale (March) and NOW suddenly this appears! I try to pay attention to all the sales, but the sheer ongoing nature of them (now back to mid-Jan near continuously, in one form or another) is mind boggling when it comes to marketing and customer satisfaction.

13 minutes ago, dszrew said:

Have a 30 day grand cruise booked. both legs on the sale. IF I could rebook it would save $12,000, but we are past final payment date. TA told me they wouldn't match, but they'd see if we could get an upgrade or some other perk. not holding my breath at all, either on O or the TA putting much effort into it...

Maybe  they will give an FCC  for the difference or hopefully an upgrade 🙂

Like mot things in life  you buy something  it will go on sale  at some point 🙄

43 minutes ago, MEFIowa said:

This sale seems rather insane. Thankfully both segments of our B2B late in 2023 are on it and we're now saving a small fortune compared to what I thought I was paying.

BUT what is so maddening is that O already had their "20th Anniversary Sale" (mid-Jan thru end of Feb) and then the Ultimate Sale (March) and NOW suddenly this appears! I try to pay attention to all the sales, but the sheer ongoing nature of them (now back to mid-Jan near continuously, in one form or another) is mind boggling when it comes to marketing and customer satisfaction.

Our Nov 19 b2b only has one segment on sale...so O decided that there would be NO reduction...

it is the TA from BCN to MIA.

1 hour ago, jonthomas said:

Our Nov 19 b2b only has one segment on sale...so O decided that there would be NO reduction...

it is the TA from BCN to MIA.

I hate to have to say this but, some TAs are unscrupulous, particularly when it comes to their losing money on a booking change.

I’m not saying that your TA is wrong (or unscrupulous). But, it’s long been obvious that some TAs are unhappy with having to get fares readjusted downwards as, if nothing else, it affects their commission. And those few who are unscrupulous may just tell you what they want you to hear.

And then there’s the other side of O promotions: On any given day, you can call O direct or your TA (who then calls O on your behalf) and if you make several calls to different agents - all with the exact same question (e.g., inclusion/exclusion of X,Y or Z affecting A,B or C sales, fare mods, FCCs et al.???) it’s not unusual to get a variety of different answers, opinions, etc. 

O has long been idiosyncratic with its policies and practices. And sometimes it means great results while, at other times, it can be frustrating (and costly).

Has anyone been receiving emails from O when these various Sales go into effect?

I haven’t. I did receive a brochure in the mail yesterday with all the cruises offering free Land Tours. 
The pre cruise Land Tour for Tokyo-Tokyo has been sold out for several days, so brochure is late in arriving. I didn’t want it as I’d have to give up the $1,750 past cruiser discount I received, however it is a good deal for someone booking now. 
Have to check O website regularly now….

3 hours ago, Jayne E said:

Has anyone been receiving emails from O when these various Sales go into effect?

I haven’t. I did receive a brochure in the mail yesterday with all the cruises offering free Land Tours. 
The pre cruise Land Tour for Tokyo-Tokyo has been sold out for several days, so brochure is late in arriving. I didn’t want it as I’d have to give up the $1,750 past cruiser discount I received, however it is a good deal for someone booking now. 
Have to check O website regularly now….

Got it today in NorCal- Saturday. 

6 hours ago, dszrew said:

See my post #97.