Drinks based on Milk?

G'day,

Hubby and I do not usually drink alcohol, but love to try a different drink everyday when on a cruise.

I just love a mudslide, which is based on baileys.

Do you have a drink you can suggest , that might be based on milk, rather than Juices?

Thanks!

33 minutes ago, dunrobbin said:

G'day,

Hubby and I do not usually drink alcohol, but love to try a different drink everyday when on a cruise.

I just love a mudslide, which is based on baileys.

Do you have a drink you can suggest , that might be based on milk, rather than Juices?

Thanks!

We have mudslides for "dessert" late at night.

If you're going on a ship with a Lime & Coconut Bar, the "Lime & Coconut" is based on coconut milk and has been described to me as creamy. I haven't tried it yet but plan to on Wonder in June. The recipe is in the app.

White Russian: vodka, kahlua, cream

BBC (Banana Baileys Colada)

My non-drinking wife has been known to add a shot (or half a shot) of something to a milkshake before. Baileys, kahlua, vodka, etc.

Hope this helps. I'm sure others who drink more than I do will chime in.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

We have mudslides for "dessert" late at night.

If you're going on a ship with a Lime & Coconut Bar, the "Lime & Coconut" is based on coconut milk and has been described to me as creamy. I haven't tried it yet but plan to on Wonder in June. The recipe is in the app.

White Russian: vodka, kahlua, cream

BBC (Banana Baileys Colada)

My non-drinking wife has been known to add a shot (or half a shot) of something to a milkshake before. Baileys, kahlua, vodka, etc.

Hope this helps. I'm sure others who drink more than I do will chime in.

I like your wife already!  Can you tell me where she get these? Does Johnny Rockets do shots in a milkshake? lol

34 minutes ago, dunrobbin said:

I like your wife already!  Can you tell me where she get these? Does Johnny Rockets do shots in a milkshake? lol

No but you could get a milkshake to go at JR and then order a shot of whatever to add yourself (or bring the shot into JR if you're eating there I suppose). The low budget way is to get some "ice cream" (yes, I know it's mystery frozen dessert from a carton) from the soft serve machine on the pool deck in a cup then pour it into a glass (that stuff melts quickly) and mix in your shot with maybe a couple ice cubes.

My wife is a big kid and doesn't care whatever anyone else thinks. Back when you got open bar in the DL instead of vouchers, she brought some vanilla ice cream, ordered a vodka shot (and I wanna say maybe some pineapple juice) and made some sort of boozy pineapple/smoothie/milkshake concoction.

At home, she makes a real milkshake with mint chocolate chip ice cream and adds peppermint vodka. Obviously the home version is the best one, lol.

She has quite a few food/drink hacks. A recent one has been bringing a banana from WJ to an outdoor bar and asking them to toss it into a virgin strawberry daiquiri to drink while sunning. She asks the bartender if they mind in advance, of course, and uses bars we have been or will be frequenting. It started on the suite deck on Harmony last May/June (I actually got the idea from someone who had just been there and posted about it online) but last July and October the Solarium bartenders were also happy to oblige her on Indy. The added bonus to this one is that it actually makes such a large drink that she either winds up with 2 or they serve it in a larger glass. She uses her D vouchers for these and we always tip so that may or may not make a difference.

Apologies for getting a bit off-topic but it's your thread so I guess there's no need.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 2

The bartender on one of our cruises called it a Toblerone cocktail, but his recipe didn't match what I've seen on the web.  It was a great dessert.
He used

1/2 ounce vanilla vodka

1/2 ounce kahlua

1/2 ounce frangelico 

1/2 ounce bailey's

milk or cream

poured into a chocolate syrup lined glass.

• Like 3

Here are a few:

• White Russian - made with vodka, coffee liqueur and cream
  • Brandy Alexander - made with brandy, crème de cacao, and cream
  • Irish Cream - made with Irish whiskey, cream, and sweetened condensed milk
  • Eggnog - made with milk, cream, sugar, eggs, and rum, brandy or whiskey
  • Milk Punch - made with brandy, milk, sugar, and vanilla extract
  • Coquito - a Puerto Rican holiday drink made with coconut milk, rum, condensed milk, and cinnamon
  • Bushwacker - made with dark rum, Kahlua, cream of coconut, and milk
  • Boozy Hot Chocolate - made with hot chocolate mix, milk, and your choice of liqueur (such as peppermint schnapps or Irish cream)
  • Grasshopper - made with crème de menthe, crème de cacao, and cream
  • Pink Squirrel - made with crème de noyaux, crème de cacao, and cream

Have fun experimenting!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Bushwacker - made with dark rum, Kahlua, cream of coconut, and milk

Forgot this one. A bartender a few cruises ago recommended it and I enjoyed it. I think someone who enjoys mudslides would like it (provided they like coffee/kahlua).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mikamarii said:

Vodka paralyzer

Vodka and kahlua mixed with coke and milk. 

Just make sure the coke goes in first then the milk.

I’ve been surprised how many bartenders have never heard of these!

I'll try anything once but adding coke to a white russian sounds awful.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mikamarii said:

Vodka paralyzer

Vodka and kahlua mixed with coke and milk. 

Just make sure the coke goes in first then the milk.

I’ve been surprised how many bartenders have never heard of these!

I've always heard of this being called a Colorado Bulldog.  Lots of bartenders know that one.  Very tasty.

• Like 1