LIVE from Radiance Apr. 21, 2023 - The Panama Canal - Canal au Niveau de la Mer

Just now, little britain said:

Yes. That’s what we always do. They don’t have tables for one to they! 

Good!  Can you book for day 1 or 2 and then change the date when you arrive, or can you book for another day for 1 and then bring 2?  Usually upon boarding we stop at a restaurant and make our bogo reservations for whatever day we want, pay for one.  And what about booking when there is a sale,  can you pay for 1, then 2 eat?

22 minutes ago, little britain said:

@Jimbo. BOGO worked! 

IMG_0496.jpeg

Just canceled Night 1 and 2 for 2 people and rebooked the same times for Night 1 and Night 2 for 1 person..........Refunds on the way!   🙂

No need now to go there or worry about going there on boarding day to get the restaurant and time we want. It's already booked.

Will just go there late afternoon to let them know there will be two of us each night.

Also won't be charged the current onboard price for Chops(we are paying $53.08) and Giovanni's (we are paying $44.82) Pre-Planner Prices

Thanks again.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Good!  Can you book for day 1 or 2 and then change the date when you arrive, or can you book for another day for 1 and then bring 2?  Usually upon boarding we stop at a restaurant and make our bogo reservations for whatever day we want, pay for one.  And what about booking when there is a sale,  can you pay for 1, then 2 eat?

I find the ability to change to outside the 2 day window depends on the ship personnel. On this sailing I have moved my day 2 Samba to day 8 so will see what happens.  So long as they have the money banked by day 2 they should be able to accommodate any changes.  Depends if they want to be awkward or on booking numbers! YMMV. 

Edited by little britain
  • Like 1

Just now, little britain said:

I find the ability to change to outside the 2 day window depends on the ship. I have moved my day 2 Samba to day 8 so will see what happens.  So long as they have the money banked by day 2 they should be able to accommodate any changes.  Depends if they want to be awkward or on booking numbers! YMMV. 

Thanks.  Our next cruise is with 2 other couples and not sure if the other couples are eligible for bogo.  Might do it for our canal transit.  Already booked Chef's table at a small discount for day 2 on that cruise so only can book a bogo for day 1 if tryimg it in advance.  Will see.

Starlink at the moment:

image.thumb.png.1293d53dedd8c7cb36138a8292c14881.png

Voom did hiccup briefly just now.  After being online this morning I suddenly wasn't and had to log in again to Voom on the same device.  Once logged in its been fine.  Just a Voom-ism.   This wasn't related to Starlink, I don't think.

ping 4.2.2.3

--- 4.2.2.3 ping statistics ---

39 packets transmitted, 39 packets received, +4 duplicates, 0.0% packet loss

round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 33.330/82.414/381.757/63.091 ms

curl icanhazip.com

Edited by twangster

Twangster sunrise/sunset camera tip:

Most smartphones and a lot of cameras try to average the exposure.  This can lead to blown out sunrise and sunset pictures. 

20230423_061751.thumb.jpg.04cc7a50c2a5df843d2b3d718c9540ff.jpg

If you tap and hold it locks focus and brings up an exposure slider. 

Screenshot_20230423_061722_Camera.thumb.jpg.f1fd71b2b8ccd7d7386ee196cd3ff840.jpg

On Android slide left, on iPhone its a vertical slider IIRC so slide down

This reduces the overexposure. 

20230423_061735.thumb.jpg.fbcb3641d7e4fcf43f3fd209a32f2e05.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

7 hours ago, njkruzer said:

We're D+ so I know about bogo but not sure if it's available for Diamond members.  I don't think the friends we are traveling with in September are D+, think just Diamond.   

Just book the restaurant and time for 3 persons then and pay for 4th person with BOGO coupon at the table.

twangster as soon as I saw your live review, I silently followed.  I just keep the page up and constantly refresh.  You always post amazing pictures so excited to follow along.  Seems like you're having a great cruise so far!  Thanks for sharing.

• Like 4