Diamond Lounge Coffee

This will be my first cruise as Diamond. 

I know the lounge has a coffee machine. I also see the lounge has a “smart casual dress code”.

Am I seriously going to have to dress up to run upstairs and get a cup of coffee in the morning?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, PGHProducer said:

This will be my first cruise as Diamond. 

I know the lounge has a coffee machine. I also see the lounge has a “smart casual dress code”.

Am I seriously going to have to dress up to run upstairs and get a cup of coffee in the morning?

No.  Just wear whatever you want.  Don’t go in there in uncovered swimwear.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

No.  Just wear whatever you want.  Don’t go in there in uncovered swimwear.  

Of course not. Really just making sure I can wear shorts and a tshirt to get coffee when I wake up. Lol

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, PGHProducer said:

Of course not. Really just making sure I can wear shorts and a tshirt to get coffee when I wake up. Lol

There isn't a dress code in the DL during the day.  When we go in the DL mid day I always wear shorts and a T-shirt. In the evening the DLC requests no shorts. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, davekathy said:

In the evening the DLC requests no shorts. 

Which of course may or may not be enforced. Plenty of shorts in the DL on Indy in the evenings in July and October. Also saw shorts in the suite lounge on Harmony last May/June.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Which of course may or may not be enforced. Plenty of shorts in the DL on Indy in the evenings in July and October. Also saw shorts in the suite lounge on Harmony last May/June.

Yep, that's why I said requests and not enforced. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

I haven't seen them enforce the evening dress code in the DL since the restart of cruising.  Also noticed no enforcement during dinner in the MDR.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Yeah.  Haven’t been in a DL in the PM, in a while but I’m sure it varies.  They used to be strict with it on most ships in the evening (depending on the Concierge), but I’m guessing it is more relaxed nowadays.  Zero need to go in the evening anyhow.   Otherwise you can wear what you want.  And you can absolutely wear a bathing suit (assuming not a bikini bottom) so long as you are wearing a shirt or if a woman you can wear a cover up.  I’ve seen this many times when folks stop by to grab a coffee on the way to the pool deck.  

22 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

The only time I've seen a concierge say something to guests regarding attire was during a happy hour when a group showed up straight from the pool, complete with towels.

Oh, I’ve seen it several times.  But this was probably 10 years ago and only in the DL.  Never in the SL/CL.  

30 minutes ago, joeyancho said:

IMHO, Best coffee on the ship. The price is right too.  

Been one of my favorite perks since the day I turned Diamond. I drink cheap coffee at home & am fine with it but sure is nice to get multiple cappuccinos every morning.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Been one of my favorite perks since the day I turned Diamond. I drink cheap coffee at home & am fine with it but sure is nice to get multiple cappuccinos every morning.

Double espresso straight for me. It's the little things.  Enjoy!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, loman said:

I saw a youtube video about a pax getting a shot of expresso and then topping it off with a cappuccino . Think im going to try that on my next cruise.

This is precisely what I do...only in reverse.  I fix myself a cappuccino and then top it off with a shot of espresso.  I have found that if you do not add the extra espresso shot, you are really just getting a bunch of warm milk (very little froth) and a dribble of espresso.  So I just juice it up a bit with an extra shot and I'm good-to-go.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

This is precisely what I do...only in reverse.  I fix myself a cappuccino and then top it off with a shot of espresso.  I have found that if you do not add the extra espresso shot, you are really just getting a bunch of warm milk (very little froth) and a dribble of espresso.  So I just juice it up a bit with an extra shot and I'm good-to-go.

I will have to give that a shot.  I have never been thrilled with the coffee that comes out of those machines.  Maybe that will be a combination that I will actually finish.  

• Like 3

This November will be our first experience as Diamonds. This coffee you speak of, you say it is worth getting dressed in the early AM and going in for a espresso? I love a double shot over a scoop of vanilla ice cream. We will be on the Nav, any tips for me?

23 minutes ago, HalfWhit said:

This November will be our first experience as Diamonds. This coffee you speak of, you say it is worth getting dressed in the early AM and going in for a espresso? I love a double shot over a scoop of vanilla ice cream. We will be on the Nav, any tips for me?

The DL is accessible 24/7 but the coffee machine may be down for service overnight so how early it's available varies by ship/cruise. As an early riser, I used to go get my coffee pretty damn early but on some recent cruises it wasn't ready until 7am.

In any case, it's definitely worth it to me as I enjoy cappuccino from the machine far more than the free coffee all over the ship. Try it and decide for yourself.

Tips? Don't be afraid to ask someone how to use it if it's not clear to you. There may or may not be an attendant or concierge in the DL depending on when you go but other D members should be able to help (unless they're grumpy in the morning from not having had their coffee yet). Also, they have paper to-go cups with lids but I often bring a travel mug to fill (from the paper cups to be sanitary) and take with me.

• Like 1