Refreshment Package

The  website says Royal Caribbean's Refreshment Drink Package includes the following: 

• Coca-Cola Freestyle beverages
  • Non-alcoholic cocktails (mocktails)
  • Fountain soda and refills at any venue
  • Bottled still and sparkling water
  • Premium coffees and teas
  • Fresh-squeezed juices
  • Johnny Rockets Shakes
  • Coca-Cola souvenir cup

Questions: 

- What mocktails are good?  I'm inclined to lean towards Daquaris and Pina Coladas.  

- Any mocktails that should be avoided?  

- Does this package include smoothies from the Vitality Cafe?  

- This would include iced coffees, right?  

- Does this cover canned sodas or just fountain sodas?  

- Anything about the Refreshment Drink Package that would come as a surprise?  

18 minutes ago, Mum2Mercury said:

The  website says Royal Caribbean's Refreshment Drink Package includes the following: 

• Coca-Cola Freestyle beverages
  • Non-alcoholic cocktails (mocktails)
  • Fountain soda and refills at any venue
  • Bottled still and sparkling water
  • Premium coffees and teas
  • Fresh-squeezed juices
  • Johnny Rockets Shakes
  • Coca-Cola souvenir cup

Questions: 

- What mocktails are good?  I'm inclined to lean towards Daquaris and Pina Coladas.  

- Any mocktails that should be avoided?  

- Does this package include smoothies from the Vitality Cafe?  

- This would include iced coffees, right?  

- Does this cover canned sodas or just fountain sodas?  

- Anything about the Refreshment Drink Package that would come as a surprise?  

• DW loves Virgin Miami Vices... It's kind of a half Pina Colada half strawberry daiquiri, I think.
  • Try everything dispose of what you don't like.  What I don't like will be different than what you don't like.  You can keep ordering until you find what you love.
  • Yes
  • Yes but not at a Starbucks branded kiosk but all the other coffee places are fine.
  • Yes canned soda is included.
  • Don't forget to try the fresh squeezed OJ in the Windjammer. It is amazing.

I love making up my own mocktails. A virgin pina colada with watermelon syrup, or some of the peach mix or mango mix thrown in. Non-frozen? Pineapple juice, cranberry juice, sprite and lime... You can usually get cans of soda everywhere (we started asking exclusively for cans a few cruises ago, because we found the fountain soda mix was just not that good in many places). Be creative, tell a bartender what flavor profiles you like and let them make you something special. You may be surprised 🙂

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Tree_skier said:
  • DW loves Virgin Miami Vices... It's kind of a half Pina Colada half strawberry daiquiri, I think.
  • Try everything dispose of what you don't like.  What I don't like will be different than what you don't like.  You can keep ordering until you find what you love.
  • Yes
  • Yes but not at a Starbucks branded kiosk but all the other coffee places are fine.
  • Yes canned soda is included.
  • Don't forget to try the fresh squeezed OJ in the Windjammer. It is amazing.

Solid info!  Thanks, I'll use much of this ... except the OJ, which I've never really liked.  

19 hours ago, ceo418 said:

I loved the Blueberry Nojito on my Adventure cruise last fall. It's on the mocktails (zero-proof) menu.

Eh, not so big on blueberries, but my daughter likes them. 

18 hours ago, mattR said:

Where do you get canned sodas?

Good question.  

8 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That would require the alcohol package.

That's what I was thinking ... without the Irish portion, it'd be just coffee. 

Thanks, All! 

We had the refreshment package for the first time during our cruise at the beginning of April. I had read all of the recommendations and tried several different mocktails. I did not like the Miami Vice or the Blueberry Nojito as much as others seem to, but my OG Nojito was delicious! As was the Watermelon Mint Lemonade. I also enjoyed virgin fruit daquiris (peach, strawberry). 

My teens loved Shirley Temples and virgin Pina Coladas. 

13 hours ago, Bloodgem said:

Can you get Irish Coffee with the Refreshment Drink?

You can pay for a shot and add it to your free coffee.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Wivian said:

What’s that? And what’s in it?

OG is just slang for original, as in a regular old mojito, but without alcohol/rum, hence the "No"jito... Just very refreshing and Boleros makes the BEST of these! Lime, soda water, mint, sugar.

12 hours ago, jbrinkm said:

OG is just slang for original, as in a regular old mojito, but without alcohol/rum, hence the "No"jito... Just very refreshing and Boleros makes the BEST of these! Lime, soda water, mint, sugar.

Oh, thanks. I’m not familiar with slang 😀

I didn’t know that OG stands for. Now I know 😁

I may give this Nojito a try on September. 

• Like 1

Is there a list anywhere of mocktails available?  I would love to try some different dinks, but wouldn’t even know where to start. Also, is a Shirley temple considered a mocktail? Or would that be covered by the soda package?

3 hours ago, bayportkat said:

Is there a list anywhere of mocktails available?  I would love to try some different dinks, but wouldn’t even know where to start. Also, is a Shirley temple considered a mocktail? Or would that be covered by the soda package?

Put "mocktails" in the search box here on the RC CC page.  You will find many lists.

Or google the word "mocktails".

A Shirley Temple would not be covered in the soda package.  It would be included in the refreshment package.

On 4/29/2023 at 6:43 AM, Cruise a holic said:

I enjoy a frozen strawberry Margareta- virgin.  Also with this package, while you get bottled water, not the same as you get with the delux drink package.  Also, my experience no canned soda- from the tap.

What do you mean the bottled water isn't the same as when you have the deluxe package?  They stock two different brands of water? 

1 minute ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

What do you mean the bottled water isn't the same as when you have the deluxe package?  They stock two different brands of water? 

My DH enjoys Pellegrino- it was only available with the deluxe package.  Also some other flavored waters are only available with the Deluxe package.  We also prefer canned soda to tap soda so we can bring to our stateroom.  You can go to the website for a listing .  If they still publish it.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

My DH enjoys Pellegrino- it was only available with the deluxe package.  Also some other flavored waters are only available with the Deluxe package.  We also prefer canned soda to tap soda so we can bring to our stateroom.  You can go to the website for a listing .  If they still publish it.

Ah.  "Specialty" water.  Got it!  Not for me.