so what if you want to book a cruise?

suec12

Well my experience with the website is still bad. And we have friends who are thinking about taking a cruise with us in Sept. I can't even get the website to pull up the cruises, itineraries, or cost. If you want to book a cruise now, what is the best path? Is the call center operating any better? I think even TA's are not happy with Azamara at this point! Thanks!

7 minutes ago, laurieb said:

Travel Agent!  Why not have an advocate who will do the work for you??  Not a penny more than booking direct, and you may get additional perks to boot.

Well, my agent says she can not see anything. Not sure if she means my list or just book. 
I see my list but my three Sept cruises are not together but mix in with Onward and JR.plus I have no points 

5 hours ago, laurieb said:

Travel Agent!  Why not have an advocate who will do the work for you??  Not a penny more than booking direct, and you may get additional perks to boot.

They cannot get calls through and can’t get a hold of any help

• Like 1

9 hours ago, uktog said:

I have FCC to be used by end June...have been waiting each day for things to improve as I know TA will struggle to get through and sort....the more days that pass the more I think the credit is going to expire without being used. I am sure I am not the only one with credit expiring soon...maybe they could extend the expiry dates 🙂 (wishful thinking) 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, uktog said:

I am certain that is true in some (many?) cases, but my TA got through this afternoon to cancel an upcoming cruise.

Perhaps our location in North America is a factor.

I am hoping that all the frustrations gradually recede.

Our youngest is a Project Manager for a large institution’s IT Department. Her experience is that there may be a large number of factors that could lead to this failure in transitioning. Human ones might be front and centre.

• Like 2

Glad it’s worked for you. It all got too difficult for us and one of the windows of opportunity has closed now. We do want to try and upgrade another booking but the agent can’t get through - they can’t sit on the phone for hours when other customers are waiting in the shop. We love the personal face to face service from the traditional UK agents but it’s not working so well just now. I got the feeling if you went into a shop just now and asked for Azamara the agents would say I’ll try but have you ever thought of (other line) I know I can certainly complete a booking with them whilst you are here 

• Like 9

4 hours ago, uktog said:

………I got the feeling if you went into a shop just now and asked for Azamara the agents would say I’ll try but have you ever thought of (other line) I know I can certainly complete a booking with them whilst you are here 

That was a point I made earlier, the company’s sales must be falling off the cliff because of these website and phone bank issues.     The good news is, at least where I am, is that the website seems to be working again. I hope it stays that way

• Like 3

I can see the Azamara website, but today can not log into my cruise to manage the reservation at all today.  41 days until we sail.

Best case scenario:  they are working on my reservation

Worst case scenario:  things have gone from bad to worse.

On 5/3/2023 at 1:48 PM, crusinbanjo said:

That was a point I made earlier, the company’s sales must be falling off the cliff because of these website and phone bank issues.     The good news is, at least where I am, is that the website seems to be working again. I hope it stays that way

On some websites no cruises are available before November. I think they don't want to mess around with the problems at the moment. 

I too cannot log in to the website. I have no idea what they are playing at, but it certainly does not appear to be enabling anyone to book one of their cruises! I really want to book two staterooms, for my DH and myself and the other for our daughters as a treat for their Birthday! I am getting really frustrated and want to get it booked so we can get the staterooms we want, preferably next to each other.

We are now looking at Oceania who we have all sailed with previously, but our preference would be Azamara. So disappointed.

34 minutes ago, Lindy028 said:

I too cannot log in to the website. I have no idea what they are playing at, but it certainly does not appear to be enabling anyone to book one of their cruises! I really want to book two staterooms, for my DH and myself and the other for our daughters as a treat for their Birthday! I am getting really frustrated and want to get it booked so we can get the staterooms we want, preferably next to each other.

We are now looking at Oceania who we have all sailed with previously, but our preference would be Azamara. So disappointed.

Try using a travel agent - you don’t pay any more and they do all the work.

• Like 2

Agents cannot get details for guests who want to upgrade existing bookings or are considering adding pre cruise extensions. There is no shore ex information. I was looking to do £000s enhancements, ok it’s next April but it’s a once in a lifetime trip. 

Another cruise line has a similar itinerary and can give me all that information today. I want to secure flights and get that organised which I will do myself but want to tie it all in to pre/post cruise activities.

Not only might Azamara lose the add ons now very soon they are going lose the whole booking in the absence of ready access to answers. 

1 hour ago, uktog said:

Agents cannot get details for guests who want to upgrade existing bookings or are considering adding pre cruise extensions. There is no shore ex information. I was looking to do £000s enhancements, ok it’s next April but it’s a once in a lifetime trip. 

Another cruise line has a similar itinerary and can give me all that information today. I want to secure flights and get that organised which I will do myself but want to tie it all in to pre/post cruise activities.

Not only might Azamara lose the add ons now very soon they are going lose the whole booking in the absence of ready access to answers. 

So frustrating 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, laurieb said:

Online booking engine works fine for all of the TA's I know

Good to know. 

Seems like you know Azamara very well from the number of the cruises in your signature. 

It will be our 29th cruise company, but first time with Azamara.

Seems like I can relax since seeing so many complaints about the web portal, in an oxymoron way (so many people see problems it's not just me so I should ignore it for now).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seemeilen said:

Good to know. 

Seems like you know Azamara very well from the number of the cruises in your signature. 

It will be our 29th cruise company, but first time with Azamara.

Seems like I can relax since seeing so many complaints about the web portal, in an oxymoron way (so many people see problems it's not just me so I should ignore it for now).

We love the cruise experience that Azamara gives us!  I hope you enjoy yours as much as we always do 🙂

• Like 2