Never thought I'd see the day

But here I am pricing out a CHEERS package for two people for a 15 day cruise from NYC on the Venezia.  It is gonna be $1980.76, but I am okay with this for the following reasons:

1.  Don't have to worry about our bar bill while cruising

2.  There are 7 sea days, so plenty of opportunities.

3.  I know myself and my wife always break even for the day including waters, coffees, sodas, etc..

4.  Using 10% off gift cards from Allstate, so additional savings there.

5.  Peace of mind.  I'm not going to try and lie to myself and say I won't drink that much.

I know it is to each, their own.  It is a large upfront cost, but one which I believe is worthwhile for US.

Cheers!

Dan

• Like 11

The number of sea days definitely makes a difference! DH and I sailed on Magic for 8 days and four of those were sea days.  I use my Allstate/AARP gift cards on everything!  Have a great cruise on Venezia!! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

I'm confused.

Trying to convince us or yourself?

It's not my money and none of my business.

Nope.  There are always posts on here wondering if it worth it.  This one was for the reasons we think it is worth it.  Sorry, it wasn't your cup of tea.  It was just a rationalization post. Happy Sailing!

• Like 12

24 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

The number of sea days definitely makes a difference! DH and I sailed on Magic for 8 days and four of those were sea days.  I use my Allstate/AARP gift cards on everything!  Have a great cruise on Venezia!! 

Thank you, NinjaCat.  We cannot wait to sail on her! Sea days do make a difference.  Cannot wait for the three on the way back to NYC.

• Like 3

I completely agree that it is worth it for me so no surprise bill at the end of the cruise.  Plus I get to try new drinks and if I don't like them it's no big deal.  I think on my last cruise we hit about 10 drinks/day each and one day I hit the limit!!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sydney dog said:

I completely agree that it is worth it for me so no surprise bill at the end of the cruise.  Plus I get to try new drinks and if I don't like them it's no big deal.  I think on my last cruise we hit about 10 drinks/day each and one day I hit the limit!!!

Exactly, right!

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, d-lite-n-cruisin said:

I'm not going to try and lie to myself and say I won't drink that much.

This sounds oddly familiar...lol...

At the end of our cruises when we get our statement, my wife always asks, "I thought you said you weren't going to drink that much???" 

Usually, our bar bill is more than the cruise ticket 😂

• Haha 1

I totally agree with you!  Remember to budget in drinks for sail away!  If I remember you don’t pay for Cheers on embarkation day in NYC, you must pay by the drink.

• Like 1

I totally think it’s worth it even if it’s just for the peace of mind of not having an unknown bar bill at the end. We did cheers for the first time on our last cruise and we really enjoyed having it! I’m a big coffee drinker and having the luxury of coffee drinks included whenever I wanted them was a huge plus. 

• Like 3

Just paying for your your form of entertainment 😄

I have had cheers once in 50 cruises (because I got it super cheap under a deal - only reason).  I am lucky to drink 1-2 drinks a day average, don't do coffee, and have maybe 1 or 2 milkshakes the whole cruise.  I drink water not pop.  So for me I see that and go OMG I could book another cruise for that.

However, I also will pop for the more expensive excursions, by diamonds in the jewelry store, etc.  

So to each their own - as Wayne would say party on dude!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, tw67 said:

I totally agree with you!  Remember to budget in drinks for sail away!  If I remember you don’t pay for Cheers on embarkation day in NYC, you must pay by the drink.

Fact: I ONLY have to purchase CHEERS for 14 days on the 15 day cruise! 🙄🤣🤪

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, d-lite-n-cruisin said:

But here I am pricing out a CHEERS package for two people for a 15 day cruise from NYC on the Venezia.  It is gonna be $1980.76, but I am okay with this for the following reasons:

1.  Don't have to worry about our bar bill while cruising

2.  There are 7 sea days, so plenty of opportunities.

3.  I know myself and my wife always break even for the day including waters, coffees, sodas, etc..

4.  Using 10% off gift cards from Allstate, so additional savings there.

5.  Peace of mind.  I'm not going to try and lie to myself and say I won't drink that much.

I know it is to each, their own.  It is a large upfront cost, but one which I believe is worthwhile for US.

Cheers!

Dan

Just for fun let us know if you do break even 🤣

• Haha 3

49 minutes ago, d-lite-n-cruisin said:

Fact: I ONLY have to purchase CHEERS for 14 days on the 15 day cruise! 🙄🤣🤪

Correct!  You might not want to thing about all you can drink on day 1.... 🙂  When I took a 4 day out of NYC with my BFF and we went to Bermuda, we had our wine that we brought on board for day 1.  Well...for part of the day.... :).

• 4 weeks later...

To rationalize it to myself that I was breaking even, I opted for nice glasses of wine at dinner and top shelf booze at the bars since they're priced at the higher end and therefore it takes less of them to get to the break even point. There were a few glasses on the wine list that were $14 and so over the course of a day it's not hard to get to the point of saving $.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2023 at 11:51 AM, klfrodo said:

I'm confused.

Trying to convince us or yourself?

It's not my money and none of my business.

Agreed.

Sounds like a lot of $$$$$

to invest in a urine-conversion program......

• Haha 2

I don't drink that much, the drink package is not for me. If the drink package is for you, go for it. The Trolls will burn you at the stake, but lots of cruisers feel the same way you do. Whatever "FLOATS YOUR BOAT".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1