Pre-Cruise hotels in Ft. Lauderdale area

bubbemarcia

Help!Trying to find a pre-cruise hotel for a January 2024 cruise. Hotels listed as "cruise port" are very expensive.

Anyone have suggestions of a hotel that may be a bit further away but more reasonable.

January's high season for cruising out of Florida.  Use a hotel search engine and choose the MAP mode.  You'll see locations and indication of room rates.  Then you can do a search of the hotels that interest you, and book direct.

What are the specific dates?  Two periods are priced higher than the rest of the month: New Years Eve is a Thursday so I would think that Dec 31 - Jan 3 and Martin Luther King Day (Monday, Jan 16) weekend.  What is your budget? 

If you don't need to be close to Port Everglades, check out Plantation, a Fort Lauderdale suburb about 15 or 20 minutes west of the airport and the port.  It is a nice area with hotels of all the major chains, plenty of restaurants, and Sawgrass Mills.  I know pre-covid the Hampton Inn had both airport and port shuttles but I haven't seen any mention of shuttles post-covid.

3 hours ago, Ashland said:

Try pricing Hyatt Place either as a member or using ValueTrips.

OP needs reservations for January 2024 so ValueTrips won't have those rates published until late 2023 based on past history.

Do you have points for any of the hotels?  Often these deals are less expensive than paying cash.  Hyatt Place and Hyatt House in Dania have good point rates (IMO) and are fairly close to the airport and piers.

On 5/6/2023 at 7:43 PM, nhraformula00 said:

Hotels in January will be $ 300 plus.

That's what I'm finding (departing late Jan). I found a couple with CAA/AAA or member rates in the mid-$200s, but everything else is $300+ (occasionally significantly plus.)  

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2023 at 10:59 AM, spammie said:

Hyatt Place Cruise Port through Value Trips

I'm hesitant about booking through an unaffiliated third party site, although I know that ValueTrips is mentioned by many in this forum and nobody has posted anything negative. How long was it between the time you requested a reservation through VT and you had a Hyatt reservation that shows on the Hyatt website?

It was about 3 days for us when we booked through VT . This was a couple of weeks ago. As soon as I got the email from VT with the Hyatt reservation #, I could access my reservation on the Hyatt website. We booked 2 nights at the Hyatt Place Ft Lauderdale Cruise Port for Dec 10-12,  2023. The room is a King Bed and the price was $129/night with additional taxes and fees of $16.77 for a total of $145.77/night. We pay at the hotel. First time using VT but very impressed so far, you sure can’t beat the location or the price. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, MAFIAMOM said:

Has anyone used Value Trips that can give a review after you stayed at the hotel.  Did everything go smoothly?  At least a standard room, etc.  Thank you.  

Not sure why you might think that just because you booked with VT anything about a stay at Hyatt Place might be different....It's not.

13 hours ago, Ashland said:

Not sure why you might think that just because you booked with VT anything about a stay at Hyatt Place might be different....It's not.

Thanks for your reply.   I have always booked directly with the hotel website and was curious if anyone had booked thru VT and if it went smoothly.  I guess don't understand exactyl how it works. Thanks again.  

VT is just a 3rd party that provides a discounted rate -- I too was skeptical when I first heard of it a few years ago.  Many people here on CC confirmed it was legit, et al -- so we tried it, and it was all good.  Nice room (very large, with fridge, microwave and large sitting area) and close to retail, etc. ).   I've used them again for a trip later this year -- fingers crossed that everything is just as good as last time.

Disappointed there is no free airport shuttle but I'll live. 

2 hours ago, Snoopycollector said:

VT is just a 3rd party that provides a discounted rate -- I too was skeptical when I first heard of it a few years ago.  Many people here on CC confirmed it was legit, et al -- so we tried it, and it was all good.  Nice room (very large, with fridge, microwave and large sitting area) and close to retail, etc. ).   I've used them again for a trip later this year -- fingers crossed that everything is just as good as last time.

Disappointed there is no free airport shuttle but I'll live. 

Hyatt Place offers a shuttle from FLL to their hotel. Not free but it's only $5.00 per room reservation not per person. Some of our family members have used it and it worked out great.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Hyatt Place offers a shuttle from FLL to their hotel. Not free but it's only $5.00 per room reservation not per person. Some of our family members have used it and it worked out great.

Thanks -- they *did* have a shuttle but according to another thread and the Hyatt Place website, that changed as of April 2023.   I think they still offer a shuttle to the port at a reasonable price.

2 hours ago, Snoopycollector said:

Thanks -- they *did* have a shuttle but according to another thread and the Hyatt Place website, that changed as of April 2023.   I think they still offer a shuttle to the port at a reasonable price.

Thanks so much for your current info. Too bad as this worked out nice for those that needed it. 

The shuttle to the port is overpriced and based on their timeframe....we always take a taxi.

Check out the LaQuinta Airport. It's a decent place with free airport pickup and free breakfast. They also arrange transport to cruise port. We're staying there in January 2024. You can book direct through the hotel rather than their website. Much less expensive.

• Like 1

On 7/7/2023 at 7:13 PM, Snoopycollector said:

Bummer, thanks for the information, love this hotel and loved the airport transfer, but an uber works just as well.

On 7/7/2023 at 6:13 PM, Snoopycollector said:

We used the shuttle in Feb at the Hyatt Place and it was a bit of a hassle.  Had a hard time getting someone send it to the airport.  Must have been after that they decided to end the service (just as well IMO).