Best dessert on Celebrity ships?

Sigyn

On 5/5/2023 at 9:37 PM, Ken the cruiser said:

For those looking for gluten free desserts after dinner, head up to the OVC. My DW is finding quite the assortment on our current cruise on the Eclipse!

I am gluten free. Can you elaborate on the offerings? Any pics?

1 hour ago, atakkat said:

I am gluten free. Can you elaborate on the offerings? Any pics?

At post #253 on page 11 of my current Eclipse Live From thread, I posted a picture of was offered that particular night up at the OVC. But the gluten-free desserts change nightly. We also just discovered gluten-free desserts are also offered at Cafe Al Bacio. In this picture there are various gluten-free desserts over on the right hand side.

IMG_4890.thumb.jpeg.f968584d4e6fbb13a23c29bb9a848f5e.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

🥰 Only thing I don't like about the M-class ships is the lack of Murano....

Yup! Since they got rid of the Ocean Liners (same menu as Murano) on the M-class we skip specialty dining altogether on those ships.

On both our Celebrity cruises (Apex and Beyond), I've been underwhelmed by the desserts. They are just ok in the specialty restaurants (we had both Le Voyage and Eden), and bland to over-sugary with no flavor in the MDR. The cheesecake is ok, better than most the other MDR desserts - but it all tastes frozen or like something they'd serve in a nursing home to me. Too much sugar! To the point where there's no other flavor.  Even the gelato is not great. The ice cream tastes like something at a Chinese buffet lol. (That said, we thought the rest of the food was quite good!) Maybe we are just picky with desserts 🙂

On our first cruise a dozen years ago we were seated in Blu near a very nice couple from New York State. The gentleman told us he was trying to maintain his weight but he loved desserts, especially the apple pie served warm. So he ordered the apple pie every evening in Blu and ate — get this — one bite. No more. We thought it was a bit wasteful but also knew it was not for us to judge. 

My favorite? Since you asked, I have taken the advice of another new acquaintance in Blu a couple years ago. He recommended creme brûlée with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Oh my.

9 minutes ago, indy406 said:

On our first cruise a dozen years ago we were seated in Blu near a very nice couple from New York State. The gentleman told us he was trying to maintain his weight but he loved desserts, especially the apple pie served warm. So he ordered the apple pie every evening in Blu and ate — get this — one bite. No more. We thought it was a bit wasteful but also knew it was not for us to judge. 

Speaking as someone who struggles with weight and food cravings, that honestly is one of the best ways to handle it. Knowing he could have one bite each night likely kept him from binging and going overboard (not literally) which would have likely happened had he denied himself the treat for multiple days to eat the whole thing one night.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, indy406 said:

So he ordered the apple pie every evening in Blu and ate — get this — one bite. No more. We thought it was a bit wasteful but also knew it was not for us to judge. 

I had weight loss surgery almost 10yrs ago.  I only eat 2-3 bites of a dessert.  I hate wasting so my spouse and I will share one( if they appeal to us).  Luminae had the best desserts I've had on Celebrity. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Speaking as someone who struggles with weight and food cravings, that honestly is one of the best ways to handle it. Knowing he could have one bite each night likely kept him from binging and going overboard (not literally) which would have likely happened had he denied himself the treat for multiple days to eat the whole thing one night.

I have a friend who also will have only 1 bite. He however hasn't the willpower to stare at the uneaten portion so he pours water over it so he can resist the rest! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

I have a friend who also will have only 1 bite. He however hasn't the willpower to stare at the uneaten portion so he pours water over it so he can resist the rest! 

Yup. I've been known to throw things away at home and immediately clean the cat's litter box on top of it. Whatever works!

Edited by WrittenOnYourHeart