Best dessert on Celebrity ships?

Sigyn

Ice cream.  A lot of the cakes and pastries look great but don't taste like much.  Can be very hit or miss.

This is very much based on personal preference, too.  Some people love chocolate and some love vanilla and there is a range in between.  So try what you want as you see it.

• Like 3

Guest CoolPapaC
36 minutes ago, jdeer76 said:

I always love the creme brulee but also enjoyed the apple crumble.   I don't like cake so never tried any of them.   I did enjoy their ice cream though.   

Creme Brulee always reminds me of my mother. She used to burn everything.

52 minutes ago, westcoastsue said:

Gelato is very good too although there is an additional charge,

Many of the deserts feature gelato and it has been my experience you can just order gelato instead of the whole dessert.  I know that it works in Luminae and believe it also works in the MDR.  

However, that being said, to answer the original question I cannot single out any one dessert.  There are so many that are wonderful.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, njsmom said:

Preparing in advance for my cruise to Alaska on the Millennium. What is the best dessert on the ship?

the one that's on my plate! 😉

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

I agree that the cakes and cupcakes look much better than they taste.  I stick to ice cream, gelato, chocolate mousse and creme brule.  If you are dining in a Specialty Restaurant, then that is another story.  Many excellent choices. 

• Like 1

The cakes served at Cafe al Bacio in the evening can be wonderful.  The basic chocolate cake from the "always available" section on the MDR menu (and also offered in Blu and Luminae) is delicious.  But my favorite is the flaming sphere on the Luminae menu.

• Like 1

On our cruises they served proper hot puddings adjacent to the OVC's ice cream station, but only one choice per day. I remember things like sponge puddings with custard, chocolate puddings, rice pudding with jam. They even served spotted dick (although it was named differently, I have no idea of why they disliked a "spotted" pudding).

One cruise the OVC served several different trifles one evening. They are mixes of fruits, sponge, cream, and custard.

Beyond that, I went for the cream brulee or the ice creams.

Edited by Chanbre
  • Like 2

Many are really good.  Fun trying them.  Nice part is you didn't have to make them yourself.  But one fun one on the Silhouette last summer were these small yellow cake cubes covered in chocolate and rolled in toasted cocoanut. OMG they were good.  Only had them once. Will be on Eclipse soon and am gonna ask them if they make those.  

• Like 1

OP, since you're going to be in Luminae on Millennium (no Murano or Lawn Club), I definitely recommend the Daniel Boulud raspberry pistachio vacherin.  You'll see it at the bottom of the Luminae main menu, not the dessert menu.  It's definitely one of my favorites (right up there with Grand Marnier souffle in Murano). 

Edited by goofysmom99
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, CoolPapaC said:

Creme Brulee always reminds me of my mother. She used to burn everything.

I have been accused of this when it comes to garlic bread. I always forget and burn it.

• Haha 1