The Two Bottles of Spirits or Wine in the Cabin - Venture

PolarDrifter

We're on a Greenland Venture cruise in July; final payment has been made.

I can see on Seabourn's website where we make our club benefit selections, but not the 2-bottle spirits/wine in-cabin preferences/selection we've done in the past.  Is this gone?

I also noticed this on Seabourn's website for a description of Venture's Veranda Suites: "All Veranda Suites onboard Seabourn Venture feature a comfortable living area; private veranda; queen-size bed or two twin beds; walk-in closet; personal safe; interactive TV with music and movies; fully stocked bar and refrigerator; writing desk with personalized stationery; makeup vanity; spacious bathroom, separate tub and shower, plush robes, slippers, luxury health and beauty products, hairdryer and 110/220V AC outlets."

Does anyone know what, exactly, Seabourn means by a "fully stocked bar" in a Veranda cabin?  In my humble opinion, the Constellation Lounge and The Club are "fully stocked bars".

Do these cabin "fully stocked bars" replace the order-in-advance 2-bottle spirit/wine selections?

Next subject:  Do Venture's Veranda cabins come with binoculars?  Just trying to determine how many we need to bring (one or two).

Thank you!

Edited by PolarDrifter

• 4 weeks later...

We are currently on the Venture.

“ Does anyone know what, exactly, Seabourn means by a "fully stocked bar" in a Veranda cabin?“

We were given a very limited selection of spirit/wine that really did not meet our expectations but our mini fridge is stocked with soda and beer. 
Housekeeping did informed us that the the Constellation Lounge and The Club are "fully stocked bars" and could accommodate our needs

You get the soft drinks and water but also get a bottle of spirit each and or wine.

You choose the spirit ie Vodka,Gin,Whisky before you board online or wait until you see your stewardess and ask her.

Edited by Mr Luxury

On our day of embarkation recently (Odyssey), we left a note for our steward/stewardess team when we left the suite for dinner.  Our requested items (one spirit and one wine) were waiting for us when we returned to our suite from dinner and the show.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, bspill said:

Do you make your liquor preference prior to sailing.  Didn't see that option in the  "preference" section of the online registration.

Yes,online before or wait until you board and ask your stewardess 

19 hours ago, Mr Luxury said:

Yes,online before or wait until you board and ask your stewardess 

Before our latest cruise there was no opportunity to request online. When we got to our cabin the spirits and fridge contents were all the same as for previous cruises. Your record follows you nicely. 

22 minutes ago, Dusko said:

Before our latest cruise there was no opportunity to request online. When we got to our cabin the spirits and fridge contents were all the same as for previous cruises. Your record follows you nicely. 

It will be interesting to see if we find the same.  We are considering not requesting any liquor this time.  We seldom drink  more than a tiny bit of one bottle--and then worry that the rest is just wasted.  Surely they do not use bottles that have been opened in the bars...

Edited by SLSD

3 hours ago, Dusko said:

Yes,'my preferences' feature does work

Unless I change it they give me what's on my list

3 hours ago, SLSD said:

It will be interesting to see if we find the same.  We are considering not requesting any liquor this time.  We seldom drink  more than a tiny bit of one bottle--and then worry that the rest is just wasted.  Surely they do not use bottles that have been opened in the bars...

No,they all get thrown away or taken away by guests that have not finished them or even opened them

11 minutes ago, Mr Luxury said:

No,they all get thrown away or taken away by guests that have not finished them or even opened them

That's what I had hoped to hear. We always leave ours.  

10 hours ago, SLSD said:

We are considering not requesting any liquor this time. 

We have stopped ordering liquor for the room as we found we rarely used any and also didn't like the waste as we knew crew weren't allowed it. If we wanted a bottle of wine or champagne for our room we could order on the day and it was delivered fairly quickly.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, frantic36 said:

We have stopped ordering liquor for the room as we found we rarely used any and also didn't like the waste as we knew crew weren't allowed it. If we wanted a bottle of wine or champagne for our room we could order on the day and it was delivered fairly quickly.

Hi.   Is it possible to get an actual bottle of the house champagne in the suite during the cruise now? I recall in earlier days, apart from the welcome aboard bottle, it was always delivered by the glass?

Edited by galeforce9

20 hours ago, Dusko said:

Not for us.  Our online preferences have never been observed...however you can just ask once onboard. 

Does anyone know if you can request a bottle of Cognac to the suite?

1 hour ago, galeforce9 said:

Hi.   Is it possible to get an actual bottle of the house champagne in the suite during the cruise now? I recall in earlier days, apart from the welcome aboard bottle, it was always delivered by the glass?

Hi, I do remember getting it by the glass at one time, which was silly, but the last time I tried post Covid I got a bottle but it isn't something I request often. 

1 hour ago, texanaust said:

Does anyone know if you can request a bottle of Cognac to the suite?

I have never tried with Cognac but a few years ago when I would ask my stewardess for the fridge to be stocked I would ask for Cointreau and they supplied it. I waited till onboard because it wasn't on the list. Maybe ask your TA to request and if you get a No ask again onboard because sometimes land & ship can differ.

• Like 1

Just now, galeforce9 said:

We have never had any trouble ordering bottles of Champagne to the room.

• Like 1

On a previous cruise, I requested Tanqueray Rangpur gin, and my husband asked that they stock enough diet Mountain Dew to last for the two week cruise. Both were in our suite when we arrived, even though we were leaving from Buenos Aires!

This time, it’s going to be a long cruise leaving from Auckland New Zealand. Do you think will be able to request those two products again? My husband has done the research, and there is a diet Mountain Dew product available in New Zealand.

Edited by Steve007NY

On 6/8/2023 at 8:55 AM, Mr Luxury said:

So, if I'm reading this correctly, if I have a partially used bottle of spirits, I can take it with me when I disembark?