Prima class hull art disappoints?

fstuff1

image.thumb.png.1b249e91614d2ab06afe68753b183662.png

Top = Prima, bottom = Viva

More hull art with blue hues?

At least with the Escape and Bliss, it's of marine animals.

Apparently, i'm not NCL's target audience for their hull art. (ie: Low brow)

Anyone else think NCL could have done better than blue hue abstracts? 

Edited by fstuff1
  • Haha 3

• fstuff1 changed the title to Prima class hull art disappoints?

IMO we sailed several weeks ago and I mentioned to my DH that I felt the paint quality was off.  It looked as though the paint was flat and fading…with less than a year in service.  The five other NCL ships we’ve sailed appeared to have a nice gloss finish…with cheerful colors.

30 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Beautiful. Classy like the rest of the ship. 

We are some of the cruisers who LOVED Prima.  I didn’t understand any of the negative comments.  Would sail her again in a heartbeat.  But, honestly, her paint job looked way too flat and faded.  We lived in Florida for many years, so we know the wear/tear of a salt-water environment…so it surprised me.  However, like someone else stated…we don’t cruise based on the design on the hull of the ship.  

• Like 3

cruise critic has censored me before for what i thought were  innocuous posts. so i hope they dont find this one offensive but.... who books a cruise for the hull art, and who would care.  isnt the cabin, the services, the onboard staff, food, beverages, entertainment and of course price and itinerary the main contributing factors in booking, 

most of the time other than the embarkation, i dont pay any more attention to the hull art.

i do believe the art on the bliss by wyland is rather outstanding though

• Like 8

9 hours ago, shof515 said:

Looks much better then the Encore

And the Epic.  I always cringe when i say to the taxi driver “it is this one”.  Then I am over that moment.  I get on board and as previous posts have noted, you cannot see it.

• Haha 1

I do think the Weyland hull art on some ships, like Bliss, is stunning. I wouldn't choose Bliss over....any other ship, because of the hull art. But, I do appreciate the connection to the sea. Pr1ma and Viva have boring hull art. So, while I agree with you, it doesn't really matter. And, yes, it's probably because NCL wanted a more "upscale" feel to the ship. Fancy people like boring. Us low brow folks appreciate a different type of art. 🙂

• Haha 1

I’m onboard right now. It’s actually amongst my preferred hull art, Bliss like everyone points out excepted. Most of the older hull art I find to be Caribbean tacky. 

The Hull art really carries through the ship, more than other NCL vessels I’ve been on. The white and blue is a unifying look. It’s modern and really feels elevated.