Pub lunches on Ruby Princess ?......

monakayk

Do they still have Pub lunches on Ruby Princess in the Wheelhouse Bar? If so, when do they have them…. on sea days only?  Also what is served? We always liked the fish and chips and was wondering if they still served those?

Thanks in advance.

On the Royal it was in the MDR on a day when we arrived in Port mid-day. I don't remember all the choices,  but they did have fish & chips, chicken curry, and plowmans lunch.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, donswife said:

On the Royal it was in the MDR on a day when we arrived in Port mid-day. I don't remember all the choices,  but they did have fish & chips, chicken curry, and plowmans lunch.

The other option in that menu would be bangers and mash

19 hours ago, mel8kri said:

Usually available in the MDR at least one day. Just look for lunch menus

That kind of misses the point, for me.  The MDR doesn't feel "pub" like the old Wheelhouse Bar did.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kay S said:

That kind of misses the point, for me.  The MDR doesn't feel "pub" like the old Wheelhouse Bar did.

fish sticks - maybe warm - in a cup - french fries, I guess - just food

Wheelhouse - hot fish and chips delivered to table with a cold beverage of choice - we were lucky at least once and also shrimp and chips was on the menu - I got both, of course 

packed and line out the door - but seat to leave less than 30 minutes, easily

4 hours ago, voljeep said:

fish sticks - maybe warm - in a cup - french fries, I guess - just food

Wheelhouse - hot fish and chips delivered to table with a cold beverage of choice - we were lucky at least once and also shrimp and chips was on the menu - I got both, of course 

packed and line out the door - but seat to leave less than 30 minutes, easily

What the heck are you talking about. If anything the MDR pub lunch was better and hotter, no long line down the corridor lots of cold beer and much larger area than Wheelhouse or Crown ever had

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, memoak said:

What the heck are you talking about. If anything the MDR pub lunch was better and hotter, no long line down the corridor lots of cold beer and much larger area than Wheelhouse or Crown ever had

oops - mixed up the mdr with the buffet - easy enough to do ...

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, voljeep said:

oops - mixed up the mdr with the buffet - easy enough to do ...

I would agree that fried fish sitting in the buffet is something I would not care for

I went this month the one day it was offered in the MDR, and wasn't impressed with the menu options.  I felt Shepherd's Pie should have been on there at a minimum.  I asked to see the kids menu and ended up getting one of the best cruise ship cheeseburgers I've ever had.  And I got a banana split for dessert!

On 5/29/2023 at 12:59 PM, Kay S said:

ITA....I don't think I'd like to have a pub lunch in the dining room anyway.

4 hours ago, iamaqt2 said:

I went this month the one day it was offered in the MDR, and wasn't impressed with the menu options.  I felt Shepherd's Pie should have been on there at a minimum.  I asked to see the kids menu and ended up getting one of the best cruise ship cheeseburgers I've ever had.  And I got a banana split for dessert!

There are 2 sets of pub lunch menu. One has fish and chips, ploughmans lunch and bangers and mash. There is a different one that has scotch eggs, shrimp and chips and shepherd’s pie. If they only have one lunch on your cruise you may get one or the other or a combination 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, memoak said:

There are 2 sets of pub lunch menu. One has fish and chips, ploughmans lunch and bangers and mash. There is a different one that has scotch eggs, shrimp and chips and shepherd’s pie. If they only have one lunch on your cruise you may get one or the other or a combination 

Thanks.  We had the fish and chips menu... and seeing what others were being served, nothing appealed.  Wish I had gotten the second menu.

38 minutes ago, memoak said:

Are they still doing the two menus? I remember one  time there was a chicken curry on the menu. I  liked the shrimp and the fish, so either is okay with me, but I'm not sold on the MDR as "pub."

54 minutes ago, travellingnana said:

We had one menu. Bangers and mash, fish and chips, ploughman’s lunch, curry,  and a scotch egg, but that was on the Crown. 

Was the pub lunch held in the main dining room on the Crown?

1 hour ago, monakayk said:

Was the pub lunch held in the main dining room on the Crown?

I just got back last week from the Crown. The Pub Lunch was in the Crown Grill and there was a huge line to get into it. It went past the Explorer's Lounge. The line started about 30 minutes before they started. This pic was after they started the lunch.

It definitely was not in the dining room last week. It should have been.

image.thumb.jpeg.1636b6a045747a4311c637a2e9c6464f.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.37e746bf1fde4d8cea808d53cc0b6830.jpeg

Edited by Coral