Beverage Package yes or no?

Debating whether I should get beverage package or not , we like cocktail before dinner than I’m wine drinker hubby likes scotch and water.

can anyone give me idea of prices.

Price would be 849.00 with gratuities…

Thanks for your opinions 

Yes. Absolutely yes.

Drink prices are in the $12-14 range (plus 18% auto-gratuity). You didn't mention the length of your cruise, but usually it works out to 5-6 drinks per person per day. This is easy to get. The pours are not heavy on board, so if you tend to grab another drink, another drink... you will very quickly reach the break even point. 

Plus there are intangibles -- not having to count your drinks or sign receipts, grabbing a different cocktail if you didn't like the first, grabbing a shot of Bailey's with your coffee in the morning, trying a mimosa off the tray waiting at the door of the Windjammer... 

I am not a very heavy drinker on land, but I broke just about even on the drink package with a couple drinks per meal and a couple at a show each night. And the extra relaxation made me a believer regardless!

If you are going to drink 6 to 7 drinks a day (including specialty coffee, fresh squeezed OJ, specialty waters, etc.), then the package is usually reasonable.  Most alcoholic drinks average $13 each, glasses of wine $12 plus gratuity.  We begin our day w/ mimosa's & fresh squeezed OJ at breakfast, wine at lunch, specialty coffee after lunch, pre-cocktail drinks, dinner drinks & evening drinks.  We usually do 8 drinks/day.  If your cruise is port heavy and you will be off the ship a lot, then you need to consider that into your calculations.  

Forgot to mention - if you are going to purchase the DBP - purchase NOW thru cruise planner then keep checking the cruise planner to see if there is a better price (sale).  Then purchase new DBP and then cancel current one.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

If you're asking about individual drink prices, then that wine would be $10-14 and that scotch and water $11 or so. Cocktails range from $10-14, too.

And even beers are running ~$10 a bottle now🍷

As many of stated it really depends on your individual situation.

My wife is a very light drinker. We are both Diamond Crown and Anchor members, so we get 4 drinks each per day. We also typically book a suite on an Oasis class ship and take advantage, at least I do, of the complimentary drinks in the Coastal Lounge. So, for us, it doesn't seem worth it.

6 minutes ago, smar1500 said:

As many of stated it really depends on your individual situation.

My wife is a very light drinker. We are both Diamond Crown and Anchor members, so we get 4 drinks each per day. We also typically book a suite on an Oasis class ship and take advantage, at least I do, of the complimentary drinks in the Coastal Lounge. So, for us, it doesn't seem worth it.

Anyone D and above who gets a suite who CAN make the drink package worth it probably needs to go talk to someone.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

If you really want to be able to consume the full variety of beverages on a daily basis, and not order wine by the bottle, yes. 

If you don't care about a lot of the offerings, such as bottled water, fresh squeezed juices, specialty coffees, and believe you'll drink alcohol modestly, no. 

Bringing aboard one bottle of wine, saves you approx. $84.

39 minutes ago, goldfish65 said:

If you really want to be able to consume the full variety of beverages on a daily basis, and not order wine by the bottle, yes. 

If you don't care about a lot of the offerings, such as bottled water, fresh squeezed juices, specialty coffees, and believe you'll drink alcohol modestly, no. 

Bringing aboard one bottle of wine, saves you approx. $84.

Also if you get the UDP you get 40% off any bottle of wine under $100 and 20% off any bottle over $100.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dona March said:

Debating whether I should get beverage package or not , we like cocktail before dinner than I’m wine drinker hubby likes scotch and water.

can anyone give me idea of prices.

Price would be 849.00 with gratuities…

Thanks for your opinions 

If that is for two people on a seven night cruise it is a excellent price. 

I can't drink enough to justify it.  And I'd over drink to justify it.  So I don't.  I could justify princess with 50 a day (when it was) that included enough to make it a value even if I just had 3 drinks, as I'd get coffee and bottle water too. Internet also, and tips.  There's value to me there. That's all just me though. If you drink enough through the average day then maybe you can find value. 

If you drink 6 or more alcoholic drinks per day, every day of the trip, it will be worth it.  I don’t care about the convenience or worry g about a tab if I pay by the drink.   It just an approximate math question to me.  If I think I’ll drink enough, I’d get it.  

35 minutes ago, topnole said:

If you drink 6 or more alcoholic drinks per day, every day of the trip, it will be worth it.  I don’t care about the convenience or worry g about a tab if I pay by the drink.   It just an approximate math question to me.  If I think I’ll drink enough, I’d get it.  

Thanks 

Ordering fresh squeezed OJs, coffees and the alcoholic drinks every day make it worth it for me. If I could only buy alcoholic drinks it would be questionable…for 7 days. I could make it worth it for 3 or 4. Lol