New Menu for Caneletto

SUESEABE

56 minutes ago, SUESEABE said:

I was not a fan previously (subpar food & lacking atmosphere of a 'specialty' restaurant) and I am less so now with the roll out of this more limited menu.

I agree, the atmosphere is definitely lacking.  I’ve found the food over the years has gotten light years better.  No one hated Canaletto more than I did.  From the old menu the osso bucco was so good along with the veggie risotto and seafood soup.  The new menu doesn’t look great, especially for $29 iirc.  Hal is out pricing it’s specialty restaurants.  I had zero problems getting a reservation onboard for any time I liked on my last cruise.  It’s certainly wasn’t like that before in my experience. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, crystalspin said:

Yes but not the daily specials. Which used to be in a column on the left...

No lamb and no gnocchi. I has a sad!!!

The menu we had Eorodam April 29 - May 6 had the daily specials on the left. Chick Parm was Sun.

Smalls in center, large on right.

Here's the left side of the menu.

20230604_163527.jpg

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I think that's the old menu, although some ships may still have it until the roll-out is complete.

Well, crud, they told us it was the new menu. Never having eaten at Canaletto before, we believed them. 😪 but we also had been told the old menu was very seafood-heavy and we didn't see much on it.

7 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

Well, crud, they told us it was the new menu. Never having eaten at Canaletto before, we believed them. 😪 but we also had been told the old menu was very seafood-heavy and we didn't see much on it.

It doesn't look like the one shown in the recent HAL press release. For one thing, I think the menu you saw has more choices on it. At least the infamous "rustic lasagna" isn't there.

1 minute ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

It doesn't look like the one shown in the recent HAL press release. For one thing, I think the menu you saw has more choices on it. At least the infamous "rustic lasagna" isn't there.

Right, which was another reason I thought it was the new one. We'd been warned about that lasagna. 

So does that mean there's 3 versions - old, new, and "tweener" ?

26 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

The menu we had Eorodam April 29 - May 6 had the daily specials on the left. Chick Parm was Sun.

Smalls in center, large on right.

Here's the left side of the menu.

20230604_163527.jpg

That’s the old menu.  I thought it was odd that the eurodam had the new menu.  Take a look at the menu I posted in post 2 (link).  It a lot different.

7 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

The rustic lasagna was on the mdr menu not Canaletto.  Canaletto did have lasagna but not the rustic one.

18 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

Somebody sounded like they were making things up or they don’t know what seafood is.

8 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

That’s the old menu.  I thought it was odd that the eurodam had the new menu.  Take a look at the menu I posted in post 2 (link).  It a lot different.

For some reason, I'm not able to open it. 

• Like 1

Not a fan of the new menu.  We loved the seafood soup for a starter.  The menu looks bit “meh” to me.  And as far as supply chain issues, I’m really tired of hearing this excuse.  I think it’s more of an order issue (as in not ordering enough of the items, my opinion).

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

Sometimes files go right into my downloads instead of opening. Unfortunately there is no other way for me to post it.  What you posted from what I can see is the old one.  There is no in in between menu. If you look at the op’s menu post number one that is the new menu.

Edited by Florida_gal_50
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

So does that mean there's 3 versions - old, new, and "tweener" ?

Yes, early in 2023

Friday's Veal Florentine Cannelloni was replaced with Chicken Curry.

Spaghetti All' Astice was replaced with Lobster and Shrimp Ravioli (both with $18 supplement).

Jumbo Lump Crab Risotto was eliminated.

BTW, DH loved Canaletto's Lasagna but didn't care at all for MDR's Rustic Lasagna.

28 minutes ago, Cruise Suzy said:

Yes, early in 2023

Friday's Veal Florentine Cannelloni was replaced with Chicken Curry.

Spaghetti All' Astice was replaced with Lobster and Shrimp Ravioli (both with $18 supplement).

Jumbo Lump Crab Risotto was eliminated.

BTW, DH loved Canaletto's Lasagna but didn't care at all for MDR's Rustic Lasagna.

I was still able to get the crab risotto in April.  I prefer the veggie so I got that. I guess replacement of 2 dishes constitutes a new menu for some crew.

Edited by Florida_gal_50

Currently on Zuiderdam and the new menu is now showing on the Navigator app. We ate there twice (old menu) on the first segment, I’m guessing this was “unveiled” May 28, 2023 when the new segment began although it’s still the old price. Hopefully, the menu will show (previously posted anyway).

BF86CC0D-2097-4DE9-BBBF-8C3AFE2A16C3.png

canaletto_menu_winter_2023_en_rtdm_trial_v15_-_beef.pdf

Edited by ellbelle
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ottahand7 said:

The seafood soup was my husband's favorite and the carpaccio was mine.  We ate there weekly on the Grand SA.   We'll give the new menu a try. 

IMG_20230220_182747074.jpg

IMG_20230220_182739871.jpg

Also our favorites! New menu BLAH to me ....

• Like 2

OMG!  No lamb chops, no carpaccio?  What's next?  No liver on Wednesdays?  Just off Volendam last month, menu was "normal".  I always eat (used to, anyway) at Canaletto at least once a week, usually more often.  Now I guess I'll relegate it to the rest of my happy HAL memories along with the crew show, the Yum Yum Man, etc.

• Like 1

We have always enjoyed the Canaletto!  Lasagna ( thumbs down by many) was DH's favorite along with soup...I guess not anymore🙁.  I am happy to see sea bass still on the menu!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crew News said:

Just checked my October Nieuw Amsterdam trans-canal cruise Specialty Dining and noted the old menu Canaletto menu is still listed but with the new $29.50 cost. 

Yikes.  I guess they are flying in the veggies direct from Italy daily😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/4/2023 at 6:04 PM, Florida_gal_50 said:

On 6/4/2023 at 6:13 PM, Haljo1935 said:

On 6/4/2023 at 6:39 PM, Florida_gal_50 said:

Unfortunately there is no other way for me to post it.  

For those of you unable to open, here is the menu @Florida_gal_50 posted in the link. There is always a way to post anything online 😉 

image.thumb.png.2e124b7fdd2919fc49213af9e73ced07.png

Hope that helps 🙂

Edited by BermudaBound2014
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2