IPA Beer

palmsandpines

Does anyone know if an IPA beer is included with the classic drink package? Also, can you get water in bottles and take it back to your room if you have that package? Can you get a latte on board with the classic drink package?  Thank you! 

I haven't sailed Celebrity yet... waiting for Aug on the Eclipse... but I've been looking hard.  And the only IPA I've found listed on any menu on any ship was Lagunitas.  I think it was generally $11-12, so not quite included in Classic.

I'm pretty sure the answer to that is "no".  Certainly nothing like Space Dust...

Equinox had Dogfish Head 90 Minute back in August. It was in the premium package, though. If you're sailing a ship with Craft Social, you should have a decent selection of beer, but all the good stuff will be priced over the Classic package, and some of it over the Premium.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, bigAWL said:

I haven't sailed Celebrity yet... waiting for Aug on the Eclipse... but I've been looking hard.  And the only IPA I've found listed on any menu on any ship was Lagunitas.  I think it was generally $11-12, so not quite included in Classic.

I wonder if they let you just pay the couple of extra dollars over the $10 limit to upgrade to an IPA? 

10 hours ago, palmsandpines said:

I wonder if they let you just pay the couple of extra dollars over the $10 limit to upgrade to an IPA? 

They do.  That's the case for any alcoholic beverage over $10.  You pay the price difference plus gratuity on that difference.

On Eclipse last week, there were quite a few IPAs in the cold case next to the Passport Bar on 3 that weren't listed on any menu. In fact, many beers in that case weren't listed on menus - I think the selection changes constantly based on what is available where the ship is stocking up (in our case, there were many from Alaska Brewing since that's where we were sailing). I don't know what the prices were for all of them but I would think at least some would be included on the classic package.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Alsmez said:

On Eclipse last week, there were quite a few IPAs in the cold case next to the Passport Bar on 3 that weren't listed on any menu. In fact, many beers in that case weren't listed on menus - I think the selection changes constantly based on what is available where the ship is stocking up (in our case, there were many from Alaska Brewing since that's where we were sailing). I don't know what the prices were for all of them but I would think at least some would be included on the classic package.

Thanks will be on the Apex. If I can pay a dollar or two to get an IPA, that would be great. Not much for the sweet drinks. 

2 hours ago, tony s said:

What a G**D*** disgrace. For what the package costs, they could at least throw in one IPA

You get a $10 discount on ALL IPAs available on the ship with the Classic package. 

48 minutes ago, palmsandpines said:

Perfect. I like that one and will gladly pay the difference. Can you get Lagunitas at all bars?

Only saw it on tap in Craft Social.  I don’t drink bottles as a rule so can’t vouch for any other bar. 

2 hours ago, tony s said:

What a G**D*** disgrace. For what the package costs, they could at least throw in one IPA

And, you don't even have to cuss to get it.  😎

Edited by Texed

39 minutes ago, RichYak said:

You get a $10 discount on ALL IPAs available on the ship with the Classic package. 

That sounds pretty good. Would be nice if they offered one for the classic package, but you have to make a buck where you can I guess. I assume if my wife wants to upgrade her wine, she would just pay the difference too. Thanks!

Last year on the Summit, they had a Goose Island IPA in Cellar Masters and sometimes at the Sunset bar (I think a couple of the times the bartender ran from the sunset to Cellar masters to get me one).  I believe that it was covered by the Classic plan (I was on Premium so can’t say for sure).  Even though they are listed in the App as being offered, neither the Dogfish 90 minute or the Sam Rebel were available.  

While not technically an IPA, I’ve found Sierra Nevada Pale Ale good and widely available on board.  It looks to be $11, so with the classic you’d be chucking in an additional $1.20 (the extra buck, plus 20% gratuity).  

And if a Celebrity rep is reading this post, stock more IPAs!!

• Like 3