Premium Bev Pkg Water

floralscent

We have the classic bev pkg on our upcoming sailing in Asia and we do not like the Celebrity water in the metal cans. The Evian water included in the Premium pkg is what we prefer but that pkg was not included in our cruise rate this time. 

Does anyone remember what the cost to purchase an Evian water is? Would we be able to purchase and pay the difference between the metal can and Evian? Does anyone know the cost difference?

I’m trying to figure out if we should upgrade or not- it’s a 12 night cruise so it’s $$.  

You pay full price for the premium waters. Pay the difference only works for alcoholic beverages; the Evian would be less than the top value for the Classic package so there is no difference to pay.

Don't remember the actual price Evian. We've had premium package and don't have a problem with the cans.

1 minute ago, floralscent said:

Thanks for the reply! What does this mean?

Sorry trying to make it more clear, but failed.

The premium waters cost less than the upper limit of the classic package. They're expressly excluded from the classic package; you have to pay full price for them. 

• Like 1

In checking the app it show San Pelligrino at $4 for 8oz bottle. It lists Premium Water ( no  brand) also at $4 for 8oz bottle. 

Pay the difference only applies to alcoholic  beverages.  For premium water, energy drinks, etc that are not included on the Classic package you pay the full price plus 20% gratuity.  

48 minutes ago, RICCruisers said:

I’m not sure Evian is still available on the Premium Package. They were serving Acqua Panna and Pelligrino on our cruise in January.

The water is very dependent on the port where they restock. We had three different brands of premium water on our South American cruise - one batch from Buenos Aires, one from Ushuaia, and one from Valparaiso.

31 minutes ago, Purplsmurf said:

Evian hasn’t been available on our last few sailings. They now serve Aqua Panna as their premium water

There are no absolutes. Evian is available on at least some itineraries, and Acqua Panna is not always the premium water.

26 minutes ago, mahasamatman said:

There are no absolutes. Evian is available on at least some itineraries, and Acqua Panna is not always the premium water.

Just saying what we experienced. There might still be some Evian left,  but it’s not their main premium water anymore 

What is the water that is included with the Classic Pkg? Is it still the metal can, if I recall correctly, the bottle said 'Celebrity Cruises' on it (silver bottle and maybe it was blue lettering).

I typically am not picky about water but the can I am speaking of above has a taste to it that is not pleasant to either me or my husband. Just thinking ahead to options...

Thanks all!

6 hours ago, floralscent said:

I typically am not picky about water but the can I am speaking of above has a taste to it that is not pleasant to either me or my husband. Just thinking ahead to options...

Yes, it is still the metal 'bottle', but we have never noticed a taste problem as long as it is still cold.

We had the premium package on Eclipse in January but still preferred to take the metal containers when going off the ship.

Currently on Apex. The app shows Evian is $5.50. The bars have Evian and/or Acqua Panna - varies from day to day. Some places have both, or neither! The app shows one price for the Evian, but our room is stocked with large bottles of Evian - so you may be able to source those as well. 

7 hours ago, rudedoggy87 said:

Currently on Apex. The app shows Evian is $5.50. The bars have Evian and/or Acqua Panna - varies from day to day. Some places have both, or neither! The app shows one price for the Evian, but our room is stocked with large bottles of Evian - so you may be able to source those as well. 

Would you be able to post a picture of the room's mini bar drinks prices?   We are going on Apex in 2 weeks and we don't have any drink package.  Just want to see how much we will be paying a la carte.  Thanks!

You also are able to bring water onboard upon embarkation and in the ports.  I have been in a couple of ports where there were signs saying people couldn't bring on water in plastic bottles, although truthfully I didn't see anyone enforcing that.  

On our cruises this year.  Avian has not been available in Coffee shop and is MDR most of the time. Aqua Panda was in some. Just do not expect to find Avian. Most of the time it is canned Rain. Once in a while they have small bottles of avian in a couple bars if they have it. No large bottles anywhere. So, if you want water do not think you can get what you want. It is very hit or miss, even in our one retreat cruise. 

9 hours ago, Mark_T said:

Yes, it is still the metal 'bottle', but we have never noticed a taste problem as long as it is still cold.

We had the premium package on Eclipse in January but still preferred to take the metal containers when going off the ship.

Agreed.  The metal container was fine when cold but not as tasty when at room temperature.  I preferred the Celebrity brand versus a brand they substituted which I think was from Florida.  That one had a strange taste at all temperatures.  The metal containers are the way to go when leaving the ship.  Got to be careful when opening.

12 hours ago, Mark_T said:

My tap water at home tastes better than that awful stuff in the metal containers. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, keesar said:

Agreed.  The metal container was fine when cold but not as tasty when at room temperature.  I preferred the Celebrity brand versus a brand they substituted which I think was from Florida.  That one had a strange taste at all temperatures.  The metal containers are the way to go when leaving the ship.  Got to be careful when opening.

It's been noted that several have cut themselves opening the containers.

9 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

It's been noted that several have cut themselves opening the containers.

Some are difficult to open for those with arthritis.  I was helping other cruisers open them.  It may be a good idea to bring a rubber gripper.

• Like 1