diamond+ on celebrity

Rccl diamond perks are way better than celebrity elite in general, they do have a limited happy hour and free bag of laundry. I believe happy hour is 5 to 7 limited drinks and maybe not the first night. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, George C said:

Rccl diamond perks are way better than celebrity elite in general, they do have a limited happy hour and free bag of laundry. I believe happy hour is 5 to 7 limited drinks and maybe not the first night. 

Agree with George C that RCCL D perks are better.

Just wanted to add that Celebrity hands out free champagne on embarkation day (unless that has changed recently) and Elites can order mimosas and bellinis for breakfast...free. We love Celebrity, but the drink vouchers on RCCL are better.

4 minutes ago, bonsai3s said:

Agree with George C that RCCL D perks are better.

Just wanted to add that Celebrity hands out free champagne on embarkation day (unless that has changed recently) and Elites can order mimosas and bellinis for breakfast...free. We love Celebrity, but the drink vouchers on RCCL are better.

We also enjoy cruising with Celebrity as well as RC. We like the differences and similarities between Celebrity and RC. We also like how the CAS handles the drinks for Diamond and above.  The CC Elite internet minutes are better than CAS Diamond internet minutes. Champagne (sparkling wine) is no longer handed out when you first enter the ship. Mimosas, bellini's, bloody marys and other select coffees and juices are only served at breakfast in the Tuscan Grill or another designated area (depends on the ship and the number of Elite and above) from 8 to 10:AM. We don't go. Prefer the MDR and we always have the AI with the CBP. So drinks anytime.  

• Like 2

I personally ok with Celebrity match. I liked Captains club breakfast in Tuscan Grill with mimosas, bloody Marie’s etc. However Celebrity often has nice packages. In 2021 on Edge for only $200 pp we had a package of Wi-Fi, classic beverages and gratuities. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tatka said:

I personally ok with Celebrity match. I liked Captains club breakfast in Tuscan Grill with mimosas, bloody Marie’s etc. However Celebrity often has nice packages. In 2021 on Edge for only $200 pp we had a package of Wi-Fi, classic beverages and gratuities. 

Called All Included (AI). We also get the AI package but never seen it that low ($200 PP). How long was the cruise? 

1 minute ago, davekathy said:

Called All Included (AI). We also get the AI package but never seen it that low ($200 PP). How long was the cruise? 

It was good when it was rolled out. Did 4 nights on the Summit for $700 a person AI in aqua class last year. Next cruises October in December on Apex it doubles the cost of the cruise practically. 

Just now, kruzerci said:

It was good when it was rolled out. Did 4 nights on the Summit for $700 a person AI in aqua class last year. Next cruises October in December on Apex it doubles the cost of the cruise practically. 

We still feel the AI is a good value. We book early. Got the AI package for our next two future Celebrity cruises and an equivalent package for our future Princess cruise. Since 2020 everything cost a lot more. 

12 hours ago, davekathy said:

We also enjoy cruising with Celebrity as well as RC. We like the differences and similarities between Celebrity and RC. We also like how the CAS handles the drinks for Diamond and above.  The CC Elite internet minutes are better than CAS Diamond internet minutes. Champagne (sparkling wine) is no longer handed out when you first enter the ship. Mimosas, bellini's, bloody marys and other select coffees and juices are only served at breakfast in the Tuscan Grill or another designated area (depends on the ship and the number of Elite and above) from 8 to 10:AM. We don't go. Prefer the MDR and we always have the AI with the CBP. So drinks anytime.  

I guess they stopped the free champagne after Covid , I always enjoyed that but since we always have a drink package and access to suite lounge it’s not a big deal, celebrity definitely has better suite perks than rccl.

27 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

But you're paying for those better perks.

You pay fir them on other lines also , but other lines don’t give you as much as celebrity, MSc yacht club also has fantastic perks and rccl is pretty good .

1 hour ago, George C said:

I guess they stopped the free champagne after Covid , I always enjoyed that but since we always have a drink package and access to suite lounge it’s not a big deal, celebrity definitely has better suite perks than rccl.

Agree it's not a big deal, but we did like the tradition of being handed a glass of champagne when we first boarded the ship. We were on the Apex this past March and saw  champagne being handed out at Cafe Al Bacio. We didn't stop. We also have the AI package so we had our customary welcome aboard drink at the martini bar. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Does celebrity offer D or D+ balcony discounts or single supplement fares (D 340)

14 minutes ago, George C said:

No

Agree with GC. Also Celebrity's CC doesn't recognize mid way tier level CC points. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, davekathy said:

7 days Western Caribbeans. Price itself was not low for July.

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

So $200.00 per person not per person, per day? 

No. It was on top of fare for inside room on July 10th, 2021

However Fare for 2 was around $2100.

• Thanks 1