Military and shareholders OBC no longer combinable soon.

HaveDogWillTravel

6 minutes ago, billco said:

These cuts make sense to me. I think the next cuts will be free laundry and minibar for Elites followed by free upgrade to Platinum Insurance. If the ships are sailing full, why give away anything? 

Then they might as well do away with the Captain Circle's program because it will be meaningless.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, billco said:

These cuts make sense to me. I think the next cuts will be free laundry and minibar for Elites followed by free upgrade to Platinum Insurance. If the ships are sailing full, why give away anything? 

Except the only changes to the Elite benefits have been the result of major business changes such as the internet benefit change from free minutes to 50% discount  That changes was made when Princess went from a per minute Internet product to unlimited by device. By the when that change was made they added the 10% excursion discount.

The removed the ability to trade the mini bar setup for coffee cards because they did away with the entire coffee card program.  The minibar benefit itself has not changed.

So exactly what Elite benefits has Princess done away with?

Edited by ldtr

46 minutes ago, billco said:

Sorry, but if they remove the free laundry from the Elite perks, as we very much enjoy going on Princess’ longer itineraries where that becomes a very viable asset, that would not be a very smart move on their part.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, billco said:

Loyalty is a huge deal to cruise lines. Keeping people hooked on cruising is key to long-term repeat customers. The Elite perks have an amount of "lock in" that attempts to prevent or limit customers "straying" to competitor cruise lines.

• Like 1

They have got rid of the elite washroom product package as well as the bonus OBC that started at $25 on 21st cruise and went up to $100 after 52nd cruise.  Not a huge deal on longer cruises but if doing multiple B2B 7 day cruises the $200 per couple adds up. 

28 minutes ago, Waynetor said:

They have got rid of the elite washroom product package as well as the bonus OBC that started at $25 on 21st cruise and went up to $100 after 52nd cruise.  Not a huge deal on longer cruises but if doing multiple B2B 7 day cruises the $200 per couple adds up. 

The loyalty obc was not an Elite benefit. It was a separate program. 

It is not clear if they have done away with the toiletries or not. Have gotten it on a couple recent cruises, partial on another one  The benefit is still listed, but seems to be a supple issues with it on some ships but not others 

Edited by ldtr

15 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Now all we need to hear is that all previously approved MOBC and SOBC jointly posted to an account prior to Jun 29, 2023 will be grandfathered and allowed to remain. 🤞

As well as if it is per person or per cabin.  That is still unclear.

3 minutes ago, ldtr said:

As well as if it is per person or per cabin.  That is still unclear.

It says on the memo that Shareholders is per stateroom; Military is per person.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, jwattle said:

At least that would suggest that if two passengers are both military, they can get two OBCs. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, jwattle said:

but what we do not know is if one person can get the Veterans and the other person the shareholder. Thst is why I said stacking per person 1 cannot have both or per cabin where if 1 person has the Veterans neither can have shareholder. That as of yet is unclear.

2 hours ago, vjmatty said:

Here’s the memo someone posted on the FB Princess page  

IMG_1346.jpeg

I think the memo is ambiguous. Combinable in what way? It mentions "non-refundable" for both. It doesn't state "either/or". Maybe I have an excursion that is $250.00 so I can't combine both OBC's to pay for it. Or I just purchased $150.00 in one of the shops. Which OBC can I use? The memo shows per "stateroom" and "per person". It looks like I can still get SOBC and MOBC, it's just "non-refundable". Maybe you can't combine you and your traveling companions OBC to pay for things purchased. Now it might be strictly my MOBC can only be used to pay off my purchases. I know some members have said they tried to get SOBC and it didn't go through. I'm not a lawyer but this memo doesn't have enough legalize to make it stick, my opinion.

6 minutes ago, Prost Seattle said:

I want to thank this board for telling me about the shareholders benefit.  I got tue $250 OBC and I bought @ $10 and the stock is now ~ $15!  Do you all have any more stock picks for me?

Well depending on the purpose of purchasing the CC stock it might be time to sell depending on the outcome of what's being discussed on this thread.  🙂

I know I'll be thinking about it.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, nasa1974 said:

I think the memo is ambiguous. Combinable in what way? It mentions "non-refundable" for both. It doesn't state "either/or". Maybe I have an excursion that is $250.00 so I can't combine both OBC's to pay for it. Or I just purchased $150.00 in one of the shops. Which OBC can I use? The memo shows per "stateroom" and "per person". It looks like I can still get SOBC and MOBC, it's just "non-refundable". Maybe you can't combine you and your traveling companions OBC to pay for things purchased. Now it might be strictly my MOBC can only be used to pay off my purchases. I know some members have said they tried to get SOBC and it didn't go through. I'm not a lawyer but this memo doesn't have enough legalize to make it stick, my opinion.

It's an internal memo, so it doesn't have to "stick"... 🙂

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

So, does this memo mean that if I booked before June 29, 2023 I can get both benefits even if my cruise will be in June of 2024?  Seems like it could work, right?

That’s the way we’re reading it, especially when they just added our Shareholder OBC back onto our Jan 2024 refared cruise where both my DW and I each have Military OBC posted. But it will be interesting to see what happens after Jun 29 when it comes to refaring a cruise that starts after Sep12, 2023. 🤔

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Italy52 said:

So, does this memo mean that if I booked before June 29, 2023 I can get both benefits even if my cruise will be in June of 2024?  Seems like it could work, right?

I don’t think so, since it departs after September 12, 2023. It actually doesn’t say “book “by” - just Effective on June 29. So..maybe they clawback anyone they have recently credited past the September date? 
I am just going to wait to read the official document when it comes out to the public. 

10 hours ago, billco said:

Or at the very least, a dollar cap on the total usage.

4 hours ago, Happiest when cruising said:

I don’t think so, since it departs after September 12, 2023. It actually doesn’t say “book “by” - just Effective on June 29. So..maybe they clawback anyone they have recently credited past the September date? 
I am just going to wait to read the official document when it comes out to the public. 

I’m hoping that the amount of work involved with going through every booking that’s already been made and deducting one of the OBC’s would be too much to make it worth it, especially now that the military OBC is now nonrefundable. $100 in crap that you’re forced to buy in order to use up the credit probably only costs them $25 or less. 

14 hours ago, luv2kroooz said:

Yes, I can confirm the same. We  had a Shareholder Benefit added to today and combined with a Military discount on a solo cabin for a cruise in November 2023. So, apparently, it is the luck of the draw based on who is processing the request. Hopefully, Princess doesn't pull it back at some point. Whew!

How many shares do you need to get the shareholders benefit and what is the amount of the benefit?

shareholder-request-form.pdfshareholder-request-form.pdfshareholder-request-form.pdf

2 minutes ago, mcarr101 said:

How many shares do you need to get the shareholders benefit and what is the amount of the benefit?

Here you go. Please see attached.shareholder-request-form.pdfshareholder-request-form.pdf

Edited by luv2kroooz

3 hours ago, vjmatty said:

I’m hoping that the amount of work involved with going through every booking that’s already been made and deducting one of the OBC’s would be too much to make it worth it, especially now that the military OBC is now nonrefundable. $100 in crap that you’re forced to buy in order to use up the credit probably only costs them $25 or less. 

Hate to tell you, but it could be as simple as a computer program element not allowing both to reside on the same booking.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, nasa1974 said: