Question re Included Dining Options & Pay Laundry on the Silversea Moon

ON cruiser

Hello all, my wife and I are contemplating the April 2025 cruise to Hawaii on the Moon; embarkation in LA and ends in Vancouver. The website is, at least for me, not clear on what dining is included and which venues are extra charge on this ship. It appears that Atlantide is extra, as are at least several others. But, what are the included options?

Regarding laundry, is there a "by the bag" option so one can stuff full a bag for a fixed price, or is it all charged by the individual item?

For context, we are nowadays more used to Regent, which includes laundry in the fare and which has no extra charge dining (yet). 

Thanks in advance to the experienced Silversea cruisers for providing the details!     

Atlantide is NOT extra charge.  La Dame and Kaiseki are extra charge.   Kaiseki has no charge at lunch. The other options have no charge.   Some require reservations in the evening.  Only Atlantide and S.A.L.T. do not require reservations.  Laundry charge is per item.  No bag full discount. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Observer said:

Do I recall correctly that there is no charge for laundry in Silver Suites and above?

The OP did not indicate which suite they were considering.   I was speaking from our experience of the less than Silver Suites.  😁

1 hour ago, ON cruiser said:

Regarding laundry, is there a "by the bag" option

I do not recall that option, though I have seen it on another cruise line.

However, there is do it yourself free laundry which we like just fine; washers and dryers on every deck.  Detergent is provided.  Most times the machines are open but not always; if your closest one is booked, just check another floor up.  It might be just me, but I am perfectly happy to wash certain components of my laundry myself 🙂.

On our 2 Silversea cruises we have never paid extra for dining.  From the folks I "know" on this board, it seems La Dame is probably worth it if you want to splurge, but we have found the multiple included dining options superb.

We haven't even begun to pick out 2025 cruises yet.  You've inspired me to start browsing!

Welcome to Silversea, hope you have a great cruise.

• Like 3

We have just had 54 days on the Moon sailing around the Med.  We love the Moon and its crew  !

You have quite a few sea days getting to  and back  from Hawaii ! As others have said only free laundry in a Silver Suite or above, ( or when you hit 100 days ) but there is  a free laundrette on every floor.

If you do  decide to  cruise  SS,  I would definitely book  dinner reservations when  the bookings open  as with all those sea days it is a captive group !

• Like 1

I had no problem on the Moon finding an available washing machine when I needed it.  If you have a lot of OBC, the laundry service is a good way to use it.  La Dame is OK if you have OBC to burn.  Lots of dining options available with no upcharge.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

We are new as well. We travel on Oceania and Regent. Is Atlantide the equivalent of a main dining room on other ships? If so, does the menu change daily? What about S.A.L.T? Does the menu change daily?  The conversation regarding formal, informal, and casual is important as my husband gladly wears dress slacks, a dress shirt, and a tailored sports jacket. Sadly a suit and tie are out of the question.  So, we will need to know the dates of the formal nights and confirm reservations elsewhere on those evenings, correct? 

12 hours ago, CruiseLibra said:

Is Atlantide the equivalent of a main dining room on other ships?

Yes

If so, does the menu change daily?

No. But, there will be a page of daily specials.

So, we will need to know the dates of the formal nights and confirm reservations elsewhere on those evenings, correct? 

Not necessarily.  In the past it all depended on whether you were sailing on a classic ship or expedition ship, but based on recent reporting elsewhere here in the forum, it seems it now also depends on who the Hotel Director and dining venue managers are as well.  Hard to say what you can and cannot wear anymore.

1. The do-it-yourself laundry is always free. I was advised that machines were more likely to be free on the upper decks (with the big spenders are who get free not-done-by-yourself laundry). Detergent is available, again free.

2. SALT Kitchen, Atlantide, Silver Note, La Terrazza, and the Grill are no extra charge.

3. La Terraza, Kaiseki, Silver Note, and La Dame require reservations.

4. I recommended against Kaiseki on the Moon. May be different on your cruise. Scuttlebut is that Kaiseki is different and better on other ships.

5. The Atlantide menu seems to change some on every day but not completely. Silver Note seems to not change. La Terrazza changes, but again not completely.

We are new as well. We travel on Oceania and Regent. Is Atlantide the equivalent of a main dining room on other ships? If so, does the menu change daily? What about S.A.L.T? Does the menu change daily?  The conversation regarding formal, informal, and casual is important as my husband gladly wears dress slacks, a dress shirt, and a tailored sports jacket. Sadly a suit and tie are out of the question.  So, we will need to know the dates of the formal nights and confirm reservations elsewhere on those evenings, correct? 

With 'ya as I have never owned a dark suit, being neither a banker nor a penguin.

I suggest having husband take a tie, which will make him OK anywhere except Atlantide and La Dame on formal nights, and maybe even there.

I wore a tie with my jacket on formal nights. A truly exotic experience for me. We went to La Terrazza. I own several ties (not sure why) and if we continue cruising I may eventually be able to use them all.

• Haha 1

having sailed on the Moon and Dawn in the last 12 months we felt there is no basic difference in Kaiseki between them. Though we got on famously with the staff on the Moon.

But we went basically for lunch. We did have dinner once on each ship and didn't think it was worth the upcharge.

Kaiseki on the Muse was totally different with the evening meal Teppanyski. We have booked a few nights there for when we board her in 10 weeks time.