The Beyond is staying in the Caribbean, no TA next year

newtampagirl

38 minutes ago, YouthD said:

I would imagine they would force you to use whatever promotion is going on now. Since they're forcing us to use prevailing rates.

Hoping that's not true.....but not surprised if that's how it iwill be. Definitely not to the passenger's advantage.

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

1 hour ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Prevailing rates.....that's the clincher as we all know rates have done nothing but go up. Especially for those who booked early. 

Exactly, and also I was on the April TA and had booked air, along with family meeting us in Rome after the cruise for a 10 day stay in Italy.  Found a solution but overall, this whole situation is completely unacceptable with them redeploying a ship 8-10 months after the itineraries have been released.  This has really left me with a bad feeling about Celebrity overall.  

• Like 9

I know people on the TA cruises have received letters with offers from Celebrity .... has anyone booking on a Caribbean sailing on Reflection received an email, yet?   If so, can you copy and paste it?  TIA!!

I think Celebrity has gradually become callous to cruise cancellations.  Blame it on fatigue from mass cancellations from COVID or their business survival instincts because of their current financial condition.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kruzerci said:

Great move to keep two ships in Caribbean. Finally I choice I can support!

You probably wouldn’t think that if you had one of the TAs booked and saw their offer.

mac_tlc

• Like 9

3 hours ago, CruiserMickey said:

We are anxiously waiting to see what Celebrity offers for this. None of the other transatlantic itineraries interest us and we’d rather do a Med cruise, but not at prevailing rates.

Every other cruise option they are offering is at prevailing rates, which is a lot higher than what we booked the 11/1/24 TA. 

I don’t think they care, the Caribbean cruise are no bargain either. They win either way. 

Terrible offering IMHO.

mac_tlc

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Silkroad said:

We’re booked on the spring TA and subsequent cruise. Third try to celebrate our milestone anniversary in the Greek Isles. Sigh.

I thought of you when I saw this , so sorry. We had the Nov TA booked and the alternatives are multiple thousands more for less days. 
😞😞😞😞😞😞😞😞.

mac_tlc

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mahdnc said:

Celebrity should soon be sending an email to you or your TA (if you used one) to explain what your options are.  Based on what they have done in the past I expect them to offer either a full refund or give you the option to transfer your booking to another similar European sailing (with no penalties if you have an nonrefundable deposit booking). 

Typically if you choose to have your booking transferred you will likely receive a small compensatory onboard credit (like $100-300 per cabin) and hopefully you will receive price protection which means that you don't have to book at the current prevailing rate for the new sailing which is usually higher.  If you choose to have your booking transferred, you will be able to retain the bonus OBC that you received for booking on board.

If you choose to do nothing by the deadline that Celebrity gives you to make a decision, typically they will cancel your booking and give you a full refund.  This also means your bonus OBC for booking onboard is gone.

One thing to consider: because there will be a lot of people in your situation who will choose to have their booking transferred, you will be competing with them when it comes to selecting from the available cabins on the other sailings.  IF you must have a certain cabin (or cabin category) on a certain sailing to transfer your booking to, you may want to consider booking that cabin now (refundable deposit option) or putting a hold on it.  Then when you get your email, you can transfer your affected booking to it.  Under no circumstances should you cancel your affected booking because you will forever lose the bonus OBC for booking on board.  You will want to eventually transfer it so that you retain the original booking number to which the bonus OBC is attached.  Note that it is possible that you will pick a sailing that is not on Celebrity's list of approved sailings (for price protection) to transfer to--although I have seen some people negotiate successfully for an exception. 

You are always free to transfer your booking to any other sailing (and retain the OBC) but you will pay the current prevailing rate and receive the current prevailing perks.

I am sorry if I am explaining stuff you already know.  And I am sorry that your cruise was affected.

Unfortunately the “book at prevailing rates” for any alternative makes this a poor offer, except for Celebrity.

mac_tlc

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, peter1975 said:

I know people on the TA cruises have received letters with offers from Celebrity .... has anyone booking on a Caribbean sailing on Reflection received an email, yet?   If so, can you copy and paste it?  TIA!!

This thread has a few people who have received e-mails moving their Reflection sailing to the Beyond.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, prmssk said:

This thread has a few people who have received e-mails moving their Reflection sailing to the Beyond.  

I'd love to have a Reflection sailing moved to Beyond and happy that some got a decent offer. Move me from Beyond TA to Ascent TA without me having to pay an addition $2588....and one day less....and I might feel a bit better than I do now. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

Unfortunately the “book at prevailing rates” for any alternative makes this a poor offer, except for Celebrity.

mac_tlc

I agree.  I was hoping that they would extend price protection for everyone affected.

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, peter1975 said:

I did and my Oct 2024 cruise will be moved to Beyond no change in price.

I have Prime ocean view in front of ship

5 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

And no other offers or options come with it?   Does it say you can cancel at no charge?

48 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

I thought of you when I saw this , so sorry. We had the Nov TA booked and the alternatives are multiple thousands more for less days. 
😞😞😞😞😞😞😞😞.

mac_tlc

I know. I'm sorry. I'm still trying to decide whether the Ascent TA works for us, but we certainly can't find another alternative for the 2nd leg of our b2b. If they'd included Infinity, we would have possibilities.

8 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

I know. I'm sorry. I'm still trying to decide whether the Ascent TA works for us, but we certainly can't find another alternative for the 2nd leg of our b2b. If they'd included Infinity, we would have possibilities.

Im actually looking at the Virgin Voyages TA next year now as another option.  I need to be in Rome by May 6th.  Meeting family there who are flying over to meet us from the cruise, we all booked flights already.  So my options are this one or doing the Silhouette TA that is not included in the letter but ends in Amsterdam on May 5 and will fly over to Rome, why Silhouette not included who knows, but my ta has great rates for that one so will see when I talk to him tomorrow.  image.thumb.png.2c0ebfa5e7cb42c321536f55f78abad8.png

• Like 2

Since you mentioned Virgin, be careful! We booked the TA from San Juan to Lisbon on the Brilliant Lady (new ship) and the sailing (and everything after mid-April) has disappeared from Virgin's website and sites listing port schedules.

Multiple calls to Virgin by myself and others - and they insist that this TA ...and all subsequent sailings are sold out.  Come on....

Luckily I hadn't secured air fare and only have a small deposit on the line but my friends already paid in full.

As with this Celebrity situation, it's hard to find an alternative TA for spring 2024 at this point.

So I booked a bucket list Baltic itinerary on HAL for May (before those prices go any higher too). At least that was only a $25 deposit.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, peter1975 said:

And no other offers or options come with it?   Does it say you can cancel at no charge?

Yes sure can cxl at no charge but will not be booking with celebrity as I booked mine when it first came out for the TA and switching to say accent where on SV left, room I had on Beyond and rates higher on 13 day vs the 14 day beyond what's the point. Plus with family already booked on flights to Rome to meet us on the 6th will have to figure it out They should have done price match on moves at least, which is no concern of mine but affects many others I know.  And 100 obc is pitiful overall.  But have 2 solutions from my TA now will figure it out after researching Virgin who has a TA over that time period but ends in Barcelona, easy flight from there to FCO 

Edited by bikerunner
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, bikerunner said:

Im actually looking at the Virgin Voyages TA next year now as another option.  I need to be in Rome by May 6th.  Meeting family there who are flying over to meet us from the cruise, we all booked flights already.  So my options are this one or doing the Silhouette TA that is not included in the letter but ends in Amsterdam on May 5 and will fly over to Rome, why Silhouette not included who knows, but my ta has great rates for that one so will see when I talk to him tomorrow.  image.thumb.png.2c0ebfa5e7cb42c321536f55f78abad8.png

I hope this works out for you! Changes like this are more stressful when you’ve already booked flights and you’re meeting up with loved ones. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Prevailing rates.....that's the clincher as we all know rates have done nothing but go up. Especially for those who booked early. 

We are in same situation on the fall westbound TA. Seems inequitable that they would price protect Reflection cruisers going from older ship to a newer one.  Very disappointed. Prevailing rates are high and most of the Europe and other TA’s are less days 😔

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

Our April cruises are being changed to Beyond.  We were booked in a prime ocean view on deck 8.  Unfortunately all the prime ocean views are on Deck 3 on the Beyond.  

16 hours ago, awhcruiser said:

Our April cruises are being changed to Beyond.  We were booked in a prime ocean view on deck 8.  Unfortunately all the prime ocean views are on Deck 3 on the Beyond.  

But for reflection prime is the description for forward facing and on Beyond it is called something else.

still needs to be forward facing room that I get.

lots of issues when going from older class of ship to a newer class of ship