Getting Retreat access for a second cabin during booking?

Kevin

On 7/9/2023 at 12:31 PM, micruiser2002 said:

And if you continue to read my other posts you will see that it does say RETREAT.  Same as the original poster was seeing.

image.png.dde12f524be62db84f23a1b9cc832922.png

image.png.9c69ca0eea679abf2dc8052e0f0d59f3.png

Since there is obviously a problem reading I think someone is really going to be disappointed when they do not get the Retreat Perks/amenities and just the AL.  They will also be eating in the MDR.

Edited by LMHSRN

32 minutes ago, LMHSRN said:

Since there is obviously a problem reading I think someone is really going to be disappointed when they do not get the Retreat Perks/amenities and just the AL.  They will also be eating in the MDR.

I still do not understand what you are saying.  All of my screen shots show THE RETREAT.  In the description it says MAIN Dining TIME, not main dining room.  Celebrity does have the option for these connecting rooms to have retreat access for a fee.  Whether they mean to have it on their booking page is another issue, but it is stated there and if someone were to book and have these screen shots then they have a legitimate case with Celebrity.

27 minutes ago, LMHSRN said:

I have never sailed with Celebrity before but have been reading for a large percentage of my life.

When looking at booking I first priced two veranda.  The upgrade option in that case says All Included.

Screenshot2023-07-10at4_55_43PM.png.e11cd07fab3c0a72bdd938e180495fe1.png

When booking a veranda and a suite the upgrade option changes to read The Retreat.

Screenshot2023-07-10at4_58_45PM.png.2bd65c74d3d471501146b8e06a13e760.png

As someone who has never sailed with Celebrity I understood the second option to be what it says, an upgrade for the connecting cabin to The Retreat.

I am not certain how I am supposed to read it as anything other than an offer to upgrade Cabin 1 to The Retreat amenities.

I am still waiting to hear back from Celebrity.  I was told on Friday that I would be hearing from someone today, Monday the 10th.

I have had some contact with reservations and The Retreat department.  I have not heard back from my email sent to ExecutiveOffice@celebrity.com.

As someone who has never before sailed with Celebrity I am not sure how I am supposed to know that an offer to upgrade to The Retreat is not really an off to upgrade to The Retreat.

This stinks of bait and switch. 

The website is offering something different than what is delivered after payment.  To further the bait and switch claim, when I did speak with The Retreat they told me that upgrades to The Retreat are NOT available for this sailing.  A trait of a bait and switch scheme is to offer up something that you have no intention of ever delivering.

16 minutes ago, Kevin said:

I have never sailed with Celebrity before but have been reading for a large percentage of my life.

When looking at booking I first priced two veranda.  The upgrade option in that case says All Included.

When booking a veranda and a suite the upgrade option changes to read The Retreat.

As someone who has never sailed with Celebrity I understood the second option to be what it says, an upgrade for the connecting cabin to The Retreat.

I am not certain how I am supposed to read it as anything other than an offer to upgrade Cabin 1 to The Retreat amenities.

I am still waiting to hear back from Celebrity.  I was told on Friday that I would be hearing from someone today, Monday the 10th.

I have had some contact with reservations and The Retreat department.  I have not heard back from my email sent to ExecutiveOffice@celebrity.com.

As someone who has never before sailed with Celebrity I am not sure how I am supposed to know that an offer to upgrade to The Retreat is not really an off to upgrade to The Retreat.

The website is offering something different than what is delivered after payment.  To further the bait and switch claim, when I did speak with The Retreat they told me that upgrades to The Retreat are NOT available for this sailing.  A trait of a bait and switch scheme is to offer up something that you have no intention of ever delivering.

I agree with you completely, there is different wording depending what type of room is the 2nd room.  I agree that it seems like bait and switch but to be honest it is probably just their crappy IT department at work again.  I honestly do not think that corporation does any testing of their website.

Maybe when X has to start honouring all these *IT* glitches they’ll actually hire someone competent to run the department. You can’t ethically offer something to someone and then when push comes to shove just say oh it’s an IT glitch 🤦🏼‍♀️ 

• Like 2

And maybe if they are pushed to honor these common mistakes they will pressure their IT department to get their x!#$% in order.   I had a similar issue with what was presented in the booking summary not match what they actually sold me (invoice).  After pushing they eventually honored it.  I believe @Kevin is going about this properly.  Hopefully he will be engaged by the executive office soon.   Please let us know how this works out.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Kevin said:

When Suites are sold out, it means that the Retreat will be at full capacity. Why would X continue to offer “upgrades”?

The Retreat lounges are not large enough to accommodate all Suite guests at the most popular times of the day, or when they have special events. This was an unfortunate oversight by X.

We sail in Suites and on every cruise have seen other Suite guests come in and then leave because there were no open seats.

This is not a case of bait and switch.

My first time in retreat this January SS. I must say reading this post does concern me a little as celebrity charges ALOT for a suite and access to these perks. I’m not understanding how they can offer this access to other rooms not being a suite, I do not think a crowded retreat area with no seats sounds like a vacation I just paid extra for. I am not trying to step on anyone’s toes or sound uppity, but I have traveled pretty extensively with celebrity always in a regular balcony and figured I would try this as it sounded like wonderful pampering for a change, now I’m not so sure. I understand the OP’s concern as it is very misleading and I do hope she gets it resolved I just wish celebrity stop being so confusing to their passengers.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, gizmodog said:

My first time in retreat this January SS. I must say reading this post does concern me a little as celebrity charges ALOT for a suite and access to these perks. I’m not understanding how they can offer this access to other rooms not being a suite, I do not think a crowded retreat area with no seats sounds like a vacation I just paid extra for. I am not trying to step on anyone’s toes or sound uppity, but I have traveled pretty extensively with celebrity always in a regular balcony and figured I would try this as it sounded like wonderful pampering for a change, now I’m not so sure. I understand the OP’s concern as it is very misleading and I do hope she gets it resolved I just wish celebrity stop being so confusing to their passengers.

We have been in the retreat on all 3 classes of ships and there are just a couple of  times we have had difficulty finding a seat in the Retreat Lounge.  Debarkation morning it is usually full to overflowing but starts clearing out quickly as debarkation starts.  The other time is the evening the Senior Officers visit the Retreat Lounge.  The vast majority of the time the Lounge is not crowded.  

We have rarely had to wait more than a few minuites to be seated in Luminae, when we have waited longer  it has been on the 1st night.  I don't think you need to be concerned, just go an enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, gizmodog said:

Don't fret.  I have sailed in suites a number of times and with a few exceptions (like if they have an Officer's gathering or music) I have never had an issue getting seats.  During the exception times I mention it would be crowded with or without extra guests - one only has to do the math to see why.  But trust me when I tell you, the Retreat experience overall is really, really nice.  You'll have a great time.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, gizmodog said:

Your pampering comes at a cost.  Less pampering.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a resolution.

While I never heard back from any of the emails sent to the executive team email, I did work with The Retreat Concierge team who spoke with the executive team.

In the end Celebrity offered to split the different and pay for one of the passengers in the cabin if I would pay for the other.  I agreed.

I don't think the website behavior is intentional but I do think it is very misleading and should be fixed.  As a result I think it is fair to have split the difference.

I hope the executive team does also get the website fixed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Kevin said:

I have a resolution.

While I never heard back from any of the emails sent to the executive team email, I did work with The Retreat Concierge team who spoke with the executive team.

In the end Celebrity offered to split the different and pay for one of the passengers in the cabin if I would pay for the other.  I agreed.

I don't think the website behavior is intentional but I do think it is very misleading and should be fixed.  As a result I think it is fair to have split the difference.

I hope the executive team does also get the website fixed.

I agree that I do not think this was intentional but RCG has the worst IT I have seen.  Their website is a mess and their app is no better.  I am not sure they do any testing before the implement changes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...