Shareholder Credit Late Request

matt082600

In all of the hustle and bustle of preparing for my vacation, I forgot to send in my shareholder request for an onboard credit.  Has anyone sent the request in the day before sailing and got the on board credit?  Let me know.  Thanks!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, matt082600 said:

In all of the hustle and bustle of preparing for my vacation, I forgot to send in my shareholder request for an onboard credit.  Has anyone sent the request in the day before sailing and got the on board credit?  Let me know.  Thanks!

Not since pre covid last minute booking.

I did put in for my jan cruise last sunday and it posted the next day on Monday.  24 hour turn around.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vwrestler171 said:

I agree with the previous posters, but be aware that they may say you didn't send it in early enough and deny it.  I've seen a few people say they were denied because of not sending it in early enough.

I completely understand.   I was the bonehead that didn't send it in on time, so if my request gets denied, I have no one to blame but myself.   I suppose I could try to blame my wife... 😁

• Haha 1

On 7/4/2023 at 6:24 AM, firefly333 said:

Not since pre covid last minute booking.

I did put in for my jan cruise last sunday and it posted the next day on Monday.  24 hour turn around.

I can beat that.

I requested mine for my January cruise last Thursday and it was approved the same afternoon.

• Like 3

We finally broke down and bought the stock last week. YAY us! SO now that I am in the Stock family could someone tell me exactly what we need to mail in? I have the receipt for the purchase but I am sure that is not what they need. I read the website but its like jibberish to me. Was looking around on CC to see if someone had posted a photo but can not find one. So if someone could help that would be much appreciated. Thanks.

How/Where do I get a brokers statement? All I was mailed was the receipt for buying it.

EDIT - So I found a statement online but its 20 pages long and has 10/49 of our stocks listed with Carnival in the mix. Do I send them that with everything but carnival blocked out?

Edited by Babyfin

12 hours ago, Babyfin said:

How/Where do I get a brokers statement? All I was mailed was the receipt for buying it.

EDIT - So I found a statement online but its 20 pages long and has 10/49 of our stocks listed with Carnival in the mix. Do I send them that with everything but carnival blocked out?

You can just send in the purchase confirmation doc, if you have not yet gotten the account statement. 

21 minutes ago, crooooze said:

You can just send in the purchase confirmation doc, if you have not yet gotten the account statement. 

Ok I have that one. Thank you so very much.

14 hours ago, Babyfin said:

We send the title page and the page that Carnival is listed on.  You can probably use your purchase confirmation the first time, but they usually want something closer to the date you are making the request.  We made our last request back in May for all four of our cruises between now and next May.  All were approved in a couple of days.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, hard_eight said:

Emailed shareholders@carnival.com a few weeks back for my cruise next month, had OBC the next day.

@Babyfin Need a screenshot of your Brokerage Statement. Black out your account details. 

Hey @hard_eight exactly which details do I black out? Submitting first request and would like to not screw it up.

9 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

Hey @hard_eight exactly which details do I black out? Submitting first request and would like to not screw it up.

@Haljo1935 We just blackout any account numbers or lines that don't involve Carnival on the page. Just need to make sure they can see the name of the individual booked, and the 100 shares of CCL stock. I usually leave the full line so they can see how much money the 100 shares have lost🤣

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, hard_eight said:

@Haljo1935 We just blackout any account numbers or lines that don't involve Carnival on the page. Just need to make sure they can see the name of the individual booked, and the 100 shares of CCL stock. I usually leave the full line so they can see how much money the 100 shares have lost🤣

He he! Also, I'm sure the answer is in any number of posts, but I'm not up for a scavenger hunt this early in the day, so hoping someone here can also tell me if it's best, or even possible, to have B2B bookings merged as 1 to maximize OBC. I have 2 7 day cruises B2B so each has it's own booking #, making them eligible for $100 OBC ea. But if it was a single 14 day cruise I'd get $250. Can I do anything to get the $250 or is that the cost of having B2B sailings?

Thanks for helping the CCL shareholder newbie!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Haljo1935 said:

He he! Also, I'm sure the answer is in any number of posts, but I'm not up for a scavenger hunt this early in the day, so hoping someone here can also tell me if it's best, or even possible, to have B2B bookings merged as 1 to maximize OBC. I have 2 7 day cruises B2B so each has it's own booking #, making them eligible for $100 OBC ea. But if it was a single 14 day cruise I'd get $250. Can I do anything to get the $250 or is that the cost of having B2B sailings?

Thanks for helping the CCL shareholder newbie!!

No each leg is treated separate. Cant merge a b2b and get the obc for 14 days. Too bad lol. I do lots of b2bs. 

I do have a 14 day journey cruise booked and got the $250 but it was a expensive cruise too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

No each leg is treated separate. Cant merge a b2b and get the obc for 14 days. Too bad lol. I do lots of b2bs. 

I do have a 14 day journey cruise booked and got the $250 but it was a expensive cruise too. 

Didn't think so, but had to ask. I know if there's a creative or effective workaround to something, this CC community will know about it!!

2 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Didn't think so, but had to ask. I know if there's a creative or effective workaround to something, this CC community will know about it!!

You might do a search on here.  I remember someone saying earlier that they did have success in getting the B2B cruises approved for extra onboard credit.  They put a not on the request asking about it.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Lee Cruiser said:

You might do a search on here.  I remember someone saying earlier that they did have success in getting the B2B cruises approved for extra onboard credit.  They put a not on the request asking about it.

I'm quite certain they automatically apply it. They did last fall on our B2B on the pride, our second leg was $150 instead of just $100. Perhaps things are different now

• Thanks 1