Delays at end of 6/27 Venezia due to fights?

We just got back from the 6/27-7/5 sailing and it took over 2 hours for us to disembark from the ship due to enormous delays with USCBP and Carnival's dire lack of crowd control/situation management. People were lined up in corridors and every public area, dragging luggage down stairs one step at a time in queues and just general disarray for hours this morning. The rumors on board ranged from a couple of people were arrested for marijuana possession and had to be handed over, to full-on a brawl went down last night and every holding cell on board was occupied (one person even said someone died, but that seemed a bit much). Does anyone on the sailing actually know what happened? We didn't see any fights but a member of our party witnessed an assault. Not quite what we'd hoped for vacation.

• Thanks 2

I was on the same Cruise and the lack of information was ridiculous.  MarQ didn't dare show his face when they failed to follow their own procedures for disembarkation.  The rest of the crew just said f it. "Do what you want!". There are videos on tiktok of the brawl in the nightclub, and the fight at the beach over a beach chair.

• Thanks 1

Wow. Now I’m nervous again for our first Carnival cruise on Venezia (July 17). Just when I  was convinced by this board that Carnival’s reputation for drunken, brawling behavior was exaggerated and that it was all fun to be had. I guess it’s a good thing that I don’t have any “tough guys” in my traveling party, so if we see anyone starting to act angry, agitated, and obnoxious, just get the hell away from them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DominicanLee said:

I was on the same Cruise and the lack of information was ridiculous.  MarQ didn't dare show his face when they failed to follow their own procedures for disembarkation.  The rest of the crew just said f it. "Do what you want!". There are videos on tiktok of the brawl in the nightclub, and the fight at the beach over a beach chair.

Yes, his announcements telling everyone to leave their cabins by 8:30, but then chastising people for leaving their cabins were amusing. I don't know what he thought would happen in the 75 minutes when he didn't make any announcements. 

I think it could have been handled better in many ways. The staff did seem to be somewhat checked out in many respects - After the assault we witnessed we actually had to ask the security crew to have someone clean up the blood and debris left on the stairs - they just were not on their game.

I looked on TikTok but didn't see any fights from this sailing - just the famous one last year and some from other ships. I guess we might never know for sure what caused these delays today.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I can’t comment on this particular sailing and why it was delayed but  as is always the issue on every ship I have sailed- 

everybody wants to be the first one off the ship, so instead of waiting in a lounge area or in lido or in the theater, everyone just waits in the area near the elevators and on the stairs. On every deck. 

I guess the thinking is as soon as they call my number I’ll just waltz my happy azz down the stairs and off. 
except- there’s no where to walk! 

carnival needs to assign designated waiting areas per number, rope off those areas and not let anyone wait there. Staff should be directing people who are coming off elevators to go to the above mentioned areas based on their number. 
just tell me where to wait based on my number. Lower numbers wait in places on lower decks. But if you’re the last number you shouldn’t be waiting around the elevators on deck 4. 

this way when your number is called, everyone from let’s say the theater should be the only people moving about the ship. 

debark lines that snake around the ship are ridiculous. 

• Like 6

48 minutes ago, jsglow said:

So we debark one of two ways.  If early, from the Priority lounge we were assigned to. If late, we hang up on Lido practically until they say 'last call'.

That is what we like to do as well!

I’ve heard rumors of a fight on the Venezia but I haven’t been able to confirm it—still checking around.

• Like 1

Oh, the fight on the last night, the fight while playing bingo over a seat, and the fight over a beach chair for this cruise are on tik tok. There is also the rumor of a death due to a blow to the head with a bottle on the last night.

This is really a sad events when adults fight over ridiculous things. Haven’t cruise on Carnival since 2011 and never seen or heard events like this. We have our family going on Venezia July 13-17 and if things like this happen, this will be the last time we ever cruise Carnival. 

3 hours ago, jsglow said:

So we debark one of two ways.  If early, from the Priority lounge we were assigned to. If late, we hang up on Lido practically until they say 'last call'.

Yep and then I read I'm on a journey cruise, no priority debark. Its every man for himself because it's a expensive journey cruise. Carnival isnt thinking correctly about this. Even if there are more diamonds .. give them priority and then platinum .. why penalize journey cruises? 

Stupid. Carnival gives so few perks, I want priority debark. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Yep and then I read I'm on a journey cruise, no priority debark. Its every man for himself because it's a expensive journey cruise. Carnival isnt thinking correctly about this. Even if there are more diamonds .. give them priority and then platinum .. why penalize journey cruises? 

No, it's because EVERYONE will be Priority.  So they're just admitting reality.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Every Journeys cruise I have been on had priority embarkation and debarkation.  There was no priority tendering and nobody had access to their cabin until 1:30. 😎

• Like 5

I thought here was the new code on conduct? Doesn’t seem anyone has read it who works for Carnival or has the guts to enforce it. What a joke as they keep letting these clowns on the ship to act like a— h—-les and make the average persons vacation worse. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I was on the transatlantic Journey cruise, and we definitely got priority debarkation. They offered early luggage tags or meet in the dining room for self-carry. 

For embarkation, they called Suites first and then boarding group numbers. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Stick93 said:

I thought here was the new code on conduct? Doesn’t seem anyone has read it who works for Carnival or has the guts to enforce it. What a joke as they keep letting these clowns on the ship to act like a— h—-les and make the average persons vacation worse. 

Problem is you don't know they are a holes until they start are involved in a fight. Supposedly nobody who has ever had one onboard is ever allowed back on a Carnival ship, so there's no way to prescreen. lol.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, cruizinisthebest said:

Problem is you don't know they are a holes until they start are involved in a fight. Supposedly nobody who has ever had one onboard is ever allowed back on a Carnival ship, so there's no way to prescreen. lol.

And that’s why anyone who is involved in any way, shape or form should be sequestered in their cabin under guard until the next port and put off, or they can go to the brig and then put off. 

ill go as far as to say their whole party should be getting put off. 

If you can’t act civilized, you can’t sail. And just cause I’m petty, I’d let every other cruise line know their names. They can do what they want with that info. 

No cruise line is in such dire straits that they need these idiots sailing. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, Lovecruises6969 said:

I’ve been seeing a lot of comments of people saying that it is hot and humid and a lot of the public areas on the ship. Is that true?

Deck 10 is hot, the open lido area you'd expect to be hot, but the corridors and marketplace were hot and humid too. Some corridors near cabins would be weirdly warm also, we walked almost the whole ship just to be nosy and definitely I'd say midship corridors often felt really warm.

20 minutes ago, Lovecruises6969 said:

Please make sure you are a contact in Carnival about this issue and get it in writing. 

no offence, but I'm done with this vacation, I'm not campaigning Carnival about anything. I'm moisturizing my sunburn and cramming probiotics in my mouth while I look back at my lovely photos.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 7/5/2023 at 3:28 PM, jsglow said:

we hang up on Lido practically until they say 'last call'.

We finally started doing this after always trying to get off early and thinking "This time it'll be different". Now we wait until about 15 minutes before it's time to get kicked out of our cabin, head up to Lido to eat breakfast, sit and drink coffee and talk with the people around us who were smart enough to do the same thing, then walk right off the ship when last call is announced. So much less stressful than having to throw elbows to get through the crowds. 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, luc122 said:

And that’s why anyone who is involved in any way, shape or form should be sequestered in their cabin under guard until the next port and put off, or they can go to the brig and then put off. 

ill go as far as to say their whole party should be getting put off. 

If you can’t act civilized, you can’t sail. And just cause I’m petty, I’d let every other cruise line know their names. They can do what they want with that info. 

No cruise line is in such dire straits that they need these idiots sailing. 

Supposedly that is what happens. At least Carnival says that's what they do. It's still not pre-screening. There's no way to do that unfortunately. It's all beyond ridiculous.

2 hours ago, Rudyard said:

We finally started doing this after always trying to get off early and thinking "This time it'll be different". Now we wait until about 15 minutes before it's time to get kicked out of our cabin, head up to Lido to eat breakfast, sit and drink coffee and talk with the people around us who were smart enough to do the same thing, then walk right off the ship when last call is announced. So much less stressful than having to throw elbows to get through the crowds. 

I always say I'm going to do that "next time" but the next cruise I find myself in the mosh pit...you know where this is going, lol. When will I learn? Maybe Sept will be "next time" 🙂 Did that seem to be the best scenario  - go hang at Lido?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Usuallyrightagain said:

Deck 10 is hot, the open lido area you'd expect to be hot, but the corridors and marketplace were hot and humid too. Some corridors near cabins would be weirdly warm also, we walked almost the whole ship just to be nosy and definitely I'd say midship corridors often felt really warm.

Maybe that's part of the experience.   Everyone will be hot, sweaty and smelly.  Just like being in Italy 🇮🇹

• Haha 4