Is Eden on Edge Closed? Even Captain's Club doesn't know.

Tricia28

We are sailing on the Edge August 19th and have been unable to make pre-cruise dinner reservations in Eden their specialty restaurant. It's not even showing up as an option in the pre-cruise planning specialty dining. I called Captain's Club and was put on hold when they couldn't answer my question. Then when the agent got back on the line she said I had to reserve on board and they weren't taking reservations pre cruise.. I asked if there was any possibility the restaurant was or would be closed altogether and she actually giggled nervously and said she didn't know. What's up? Anyone on Edge or sailing soon able to make reservations? It's really weird. She did not say it was sold out. Just unavailable to book. 

Edited by Tricia28

• Tricia28 changed the title to Is Eden on Edge Closed? Even Captain's Club doesn't know.
6 minutes ago, Tricia28 said:

Anyone on Edge or sailing soon able to make reservations? It's really weird. She did not say it was sold out. Just unavailable to book. 

We are sailing on Edge July 22nd and 29th.  We have reservations on both sailings in Eden. 😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Are have you tried making reservations both through the Cruise Planner on the website and through the app?

For our October sailing on the Edge Eden has no reservations available most nights, the couple of night they do have times they are at 9 or 9:30

They don’t pre sell all the capacity holding some back for on board bookings.  Check as soon as you board,  also you can be asked to be waitlisted in case of a cancellation.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Are have you tried making reservations both through the Cruise Planner on the website and through the app?

For our October sailing on the Edge Eden has no reservations available most nights, the couple of night they do have times they are at 9 or 9:30

They don’t pre sell all the capacity holding some back for on board bookings.  Check as soon as you board,  also you can be asked to be waitlisted in case of a cancellation.

They said they weren't sold out. Just not taking bookings. It was so weird.

2 hours ago, Texed said:

We are sailing on Edge July 22nd and 29th.  We have reservations on both sailings in Eden. 😊

That's good to hear. Hoping it's a glitch. They didn't say they were sold out. Just not taking bookings,

• Like 1

They don’t book to capacity pre cruise.  So it sounds like while not sold out the reservations for pre cruise boomings are currently full. Keep checking as people cancel their reservations. It the cruise and times can open up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I just made reservations for Eden, for a cruising starting Sept 2nd. 

Many hour slots were already taken, leaving either early [for us] like 6pm, or late 9, 9.30...

I've booked the only 8pm available, but not on a sea day, which was my first preference.

Hopefully, I'll be able to switch days on board....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/5/2023 at 11:36 PM, jelayne said:

They don’t book to capacity pre cruise.  So it sounds like while not sold out the reservations for pre cruise boomings are currently full. Keep checking as people cancel their reservations. It the cruise and times can open up.

I had a 5 night dining package on Beyond (9 night cruise) and boarded the ship at 11am.  I went straight to the specialty dining to make  reservations for various restaurants.  They told me Eden was sold out and Le Voyage and the steak house was only available certain nights at either 5 or 9:30.  I asked for a full refund on my dining package.  A few hours later they miraculously found reservations available and at the times I wanted in all the restaurants.  

• Like 4

On 7/5/2023 at 7:26 PM, Tricia28 said:

We are sailing on the Edge August 19th 

Hi, Tricia28--I don't want to hijack your thread but do you know if many shore excursions are still available of the 8/19 cruise?  We're about to pull the trigger to book it last minute but are afraid all the excursions are booked (in which case we'd book the 8/26). Both the TA and X say they cannot tell me of availability without a booking number--which is really putting the cart before the horse!  No worries if you can't, but if you have 5mins for a check I'd greatly appreciate--and buy you a drink on the cruise!  😇

Eden is usually the first specialty restaurant to book and sell out pre cruise, which maybe is why you can't reserve it for your cruise next month.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Thanks 1

On 7/14/2023 at 11:51 AM, terrydtx said:

Eden is usually the first specialty restaurant to book and sell out pre cruise, which maybe is why you can't reserve it for your cruise next month.

Yet whenever we eat there we see a lot of empty tables.  Every time!

21 minutes ago, riredsox said:

Yet whenever we eat there we see a lot of empty tables.  Every time!

When ships were short of staff they limited bookings in the specialty restaurants.  We were on both Apex and Edge when they had to limit reservations in the specialty restaurants to 50-60% due to staff shortages.

• Like 1

Looking at the current menu, it is so different that we had on our Transatlantic, no lobster dish, although they still have the Aztec Dessert, which was on of the best I have ever had. 

Depending on what they are charging now, I don't know if I would spend the money. Hopefully others that have been more recently will chime in.

On 7/5/2023 at 5:26 PM, Tricia28 said:

We are sailing on the Edge August 19th and have been unable to make pre-cruise dinner reservations in Eden their specialty restaurant. It's not even showing up as an option in the pre-cruise planning specialty dining. I called Captain's Club and was put on hold when they couldn't answer my question. Then when the agent got back on the line she said I had to reserve on board and they weren't taking reservations pre cruise.. I asked if there was any possibility the restaurant was or would be closed altogether and she actually giggled nervously and said she didn't know. What's up? Anyone on Edge or sailing soon able to make reservations? It's really weird. She did not say it was sold out. Just unavailable to book. 

Not the job of the CC. My experiences with the CC is they do an excellent job answering CC questions. Over the phone and onboard. 

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

The app is still showing the Lobster Casserole.

IMG_0700.thumb.png.20b8d0a3ae7df76c1426be935964ddf9.png

Great! We called over the Chef and put ourselves in his hands. He coordinated with the Sommelier and we had a fabulous dinner. The Aztec dessert was the best I ever had. Oh, and the short rib was amazing.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi @Tricia28 - we will board Edge on 26th August and have the same issue as you are experiencing. Eden doesn‘t even show up in the speciality dining section of the Cruise Planner and there is no „Reserve now“ Button in the app…. Usually it just states „Sold out“ if they are fully booked, so this is really weird. Maybe you can update this thread once you are on board and know what is going on? It would be much appreciated 😃

We have 5 sailing on the E class ships  currently Eden is showing with limited availability on 2 sailings (9 and 9:30) on a few days.  The 3rd and 4th are 8+ months away have more availability They are long sailings. 

The 7N sailing in January Eden does not have the reservation button or option in either the app or website so sold out of pre reservations.