Just off the Marina and postive for covid

avalong

My husband and I left the ship on the 11th. My husband tested positive on the 11th and I tested positive today. Mild symptoms, but be aware that it's still out there folks! Many of our excursion buses sounded like kennels with all the coughing.

• Like 1

Were any pax wearing masks?

Taking any precautions ?

It will be with us for a long time   so best to protect yourself  best you can

JMO

Tired of masks but  when we go  to places  with lots of people  we do mask up

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Very very few passengers were wearing masks, including us, until my husband became symptomatic. Then we masked up and laid low, room service, etc. I could count on 2 hands the number of passengers we saw wearing masks.

Edited by avalong
  • Like 1

It was rampant on our March Marina cruise. Crew went to 100% mandatory masks. People disappeared to Covid jail. Even then, only about half the passengers masked up.

Good luck, hopefully you get home and do fine. 🥂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We were on Marina from June 21 - July 11th.  We observed a few people wearing masks but they were in the minority.  Frankly though, there was more mask-wearing than I expected.  Overall, I didn't think that there were many coughing, though we did observe it on occasion on a tour bus or two.  We got home yesterday and so far are healthy, thankfully.

We were on Vista in May and barely anybody masked.  Didn’t notice too much coughing onboard or on excursions. But……the flight home I think there were 3 people close by who I swear coughed nearly non stop the entirety of the 10+ hour flight! Luckily we didn’t come down with anything. 

Did any of you wear masks on airplanes?

Crowded excursions?

Had you had Covid previously?

Vaccines?

Not trying to be nosy, just interested in the risk.

If this is too invasive, feel free to ignore my questions.

🙂

11 minutes ago, SATaxman said:

Did any of you wear masks on airplanes? No

Crowded excursions? No excursions but 3 days in Barcelona before cruise

Had you had Covid previously? No

Vaccines? Vaccine and 3 boosters.

🙂

My advice would be to mask in the elevators and on the excursion buses. That's not too onerous, and it is probably where you're most susceptible. Then you can just roll the dice the rest of the time.

• Like 1

We were on Marina June 2-12 with 2 days pre-cruise in Amsterdam and 3 post-cruise in Hamburg.  

Never had Covid.  2 vaccines and 4 boosters, last 3 weeks before cruise.

We were among the very, very few wearing masks onboard, which we did in the elevators and on buses.  We did not share tables in the specialty restaurants and ate breakfast in the MDR which was quite empty, although they seated the few guests all in the same general area, but still with some spacing.  We only ate 1 dinner in the MDR, and aside from the specialties, we dined outside in Terrace in the evenings.  I did not mask up a couple of times in the laundry room only because I forget my mask.  Onshore we ate outside and masked up inside if around others.  We did all our touring DIY (lots of walking) but did ride in a few shuttle buses, and used public transportation, where we masked up.  Wore masks on the plane (business going, economy with connection returning home).

Thankfully, we observed almost no one coughing and came home symptom free. 

We still mask up inside when we are around groups of people.  And we'll doing the same on our upcoming cruises.  (Pre-Covid, on our Australia/NZ cruise on Celebrity, I think the entire ship - passengers and crew - had respiratory issues - everyone was coughing or worse. It was miserable, and it took me 6 weeks to stop coughing after I got home, and it wasn't even Covid).

Hope you recover quickly!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, SATaxman said:

Did any of you wear masks on airplanes?

Crowded excursions?

Had you had Covid previously?

Vaccines?

Not trying to be nosy, just interested in the risk.

If this is too invasive, feel free to ignore my questions.

🙂

Yes, we wear masks on the airplane and in the airports and on any public transportation whether it be trains, buses, Uber, etc.

We don’t do excursions but again, any crowd and we wore a mask including standing in the crowded lines to get off on the tenders.

No to Covid.

We’ve had all the vaccines and boosters.

I love hearing people declare this is over but it’s not and forget Covid, I am happy to not come home with the URI that was so prevalent on many cruises. We also bring a mask with us to the theater and the minute we hear someone coughing that phlegmy cough we relocate ourselves.

We also ate mostly at the Terrace so we could be eating outside.

it works for us.

What surprised me was the lack of washy washy going on at the entrance of eating venues, very little which was slightly disturbing but happy they still have the staff serving at the Buffet so I’m good.

• Like 1

We were on The Riviera in April, toured The Vatican shoulder to shoulder with what seemed like one million other people, etc. etc. Never wore a mask. Came home healthy. 
Couple of weeks later my wife went to a small club meeting that was held mainly outside and one of the members gave Covid to the entire group. Wife gave it to me and then to our daughter and family before realizing she was sick. Even their cat caught it. We were all very sick, down for the count for about ten days. I still have not fully recovered. We are all vaccinated and boosted.

Point I am trying to make is that Covid is out there and is terrifyingly contagious. Assume we will all get it probably several more times. Just hope it is a "mild" case.

We have trips planned, cruises booked and never wear masks. Life goes on. 

• Like 2

I am on the Marina now.  I have been on since June 21.  This is our third leg and I have observed a lot of coughing.  

My husband and I both had gotten colds.  We have self tested for Covid and were negative.  We never share tables either in the GDR or in Specialty Restaurants.  Eat in Terrace often, mostly inside because the weather has been cold and rainy.  Try to do that at non-busy times.

Thankfully our colds are better.

We have had all our vaccinations.  Both shots and three boosters—last one just one month before boarding the ship.  

While i have not heard of anyone being sick, that does not mean it is not so.

Interesting that no one ever reminds us to wash our hands or use the sanitizers.

7 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

IInteresting that no one ever reminds us to wash our hands or use the sanitizers.

Maybe  they are trying to treat you as mature adults  that know to wash your hands 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ORV said:
  1. As far as I can remember "washy washy" has never a part of Oceania culture. Perhaps you're thinking of Princess or Carnival. 

NCL   I think was the Washy washy 

The only time I saw O staff  stand by the gel station  was when  there was NORO onboard

44 minutes ago, ORV said:
  1. As far as I can remember "washy washy" has never been a part of Oceania culture. Perhaps you're thinking of Princess or Carnival. 

There, I fixed it. 

50 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Maybe  they are trying to treat you as mature adults  that know to wash your hands 🙄

Good luck with that.  I’ve seen cruise passengers that don’t even know how to turn taps off, and lots of people don’t bother to wash their hands.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SellaVee said:

Good luck with that.  I’ve seen cruise passengers that don’t even know how to turn taps off, and lots of people don’t bother to wash their hands.

Or flush toilets. Just unbelievable. 

• Like 1