We loved the Sojourn!

avalon1025

We are back from a 12 night Med cruise on the Seabourn Sojourn.   I had not been on Seabourn since the Pride and Legend.   We had been sailing Crystal over the past decade (with one mediocre cruise on the Silver Spirit pre pandemic).  Overall we had a wonderful time.  Crew was great (some hiccups when there was a large crew turnover in Malta), loved the cabin, officers and crew were al so friendly.   The CD was great.   Food was very good, no issues with wine or cocktails.  Even enjoyed the new DJ.  Overall, looking forward to our next cruise on the Ovation.

Edited by avalon1025
  • Like 8

5 minutes ago, avalon1025 said:

We are back from a 12 night Med cruise on the Seabourn Sojourn.   I had not been on Seabourn since the Pride and Legend.   We had been sailing Crystal over the past decade (with one mediocre cruise on the Silver Spirit pre pandemic).  Overall we had a wonderful time.  Crew was great (some hiccups when there was a large crew turnover in Malta), loved the cabin, officers and crew were al so friendly.   The CD was great.   Food was very good, no issues with wine or cocktails.  Even enjoyed the new DJ.  Overall, looking forward to our next cruise on the Ovation.

Glad you had a positive experience.

Ovation is a little bit larger although it doesn't feel larger apart from the TK Grill and bar which is a much better place to have a drink and dinner.

• Like 1

Sojourn is our favorite ship - glad you liked her! Can't wait to be back on her next year :). According to the email we all received, they will be adding a sushi restaurant. Any idea where this would be?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, safarigal said:

According to the email we all received, they will be adding a sushi restaurant.

It's going to be "Sushi in the Club", which they apparently are already doing on Venture.  Really looking forward to this!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, safarigal said:

Sojourn is our favorite ship - glad you liked her! Can't wait to be back on her next year :). According to the email we all received, they will be adding a sushi restaurant. Any idea where this would be?

They won't he adding a sushi restaurant as there is not room but they will be offering sushi in the club.

Edited by Mr Luxury
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, sfvoyage said:

A friend who is currently on the venture sent me photos of the menu for sushi at the club, and it is more limited than the menu for dinner at sushi restaurant on the ovation or encore.

That may be, but I like it better for pure sushi. They don't have ramen and bento boxes, and there's no lunch, but the sushi is great. 

Last night:

PXL_20230712_2024096232.thumb.jpg.0826dab8bf82fd558a0c86493833d999.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, markandjie said:

That may be, but I like it better for pure sushi. They don't have ramen and bento boxes, and there's no lunch, but the sushi is great. 

Last night:

I was referring to the dinner menu, which is more limited than on the bigger ships, especially the vegetarian and vegan sushi.  I was not talking about Ramen and bentos which are featured for lunch only on the bigger ships, and for now sushi at the bar is only available for dinner on the venture.

18 minutes ago, markandjie said:

Last night:

looks great!

Nancy

1 hour ago, sfvoyage said:

A friend who is currently on the venture sent me photos of the menu for sushi at the club, and it is more limited than the menu for dinner at sushi restaurant on the ovation or encore.

I suppose it is bound to be a smaller offering 

3 hours ago, markandjie said:

Last night:

That looks delicious and I wondered how they would do it in The Club. It is more like pre-dinner snacks which is fine with me.

5 hours ago, avalon1025 said:

Overall we had a wonderful time.  Crew was great (some hiccups when there was a large crew turnover in Malta),

I'm glad you had a good cruise avalon. Unfortunately when there is a "large" crew turnover there always seems to be a few hiccups as new people find their rhythm with the old crew. I am hoping with the new training program the President wants to implement this won't be the case.

• Like 2

We love Sojourn too, as it's the ship we went on for our first three cruises with SB, and subsequently have done the most cruises on it over the years.  Good to hear @avalon1025 you had a great experience!    

Love the little dog on Deck 5 (luckily he isn't real, how times have changed !)  😁 🐕🐕‍🦺

• Haha 3

On 7/13/2023 at 5:25 PM, avalon1025 said:

We were on the same cruise as you. My first time on Seabourn. Loved it.

you probably spotted me on the ship. I was traveling with my parents. Dad was using a scooter and mum was walking with a stick

16 hours ago, whirldcruzrs said:

Wondering what everyone thinks of DJ vs live music.  I would like to think live music in Obs Bar and then DJ later in evening.

This is what we experienced on our recent Sojourn cruise. And we did not like having the DJ instead of the live trio in the Club. I can play recorded music in our suite; what' really special to us is the live musicians performing live. If their goal was to broaden or modernize the music repertoire, I'm all for that — but live musicians can play music from any era, however they direct. We did not enjoy the DJ playing nearly al disco music — and loud — in the Club. I hope they will change this.

• Like 7

13 hours ago, Utopia1 said:

I will miss the live music in The Club--  hopefully they will reconsider having live music back for the world cruise. 

On our recent cruise on the Odyssey, a guitar player/singer was playing in The Club. The CD said that the DJ in The Club was a failure, and claimed that live music with trios will be coming back fleet wide. We will see.

• Like 7

I cruised the Sojourn in 2018.  Last November I cruised the Encore and just disembarked the Ovation on July 9.  The Ovation and Encore are now my favorite ships (after also cruising Crystal, Regent, Viking, Paul Gauguin, Windstar and Silversea).

My problem with the Sojourn is the gym.  It is way too small with an awkward layout.    The gym on the Encore and Ovation is much bigger and better.

I do wish however that the Encore and Ovation had an adequate outdoor running track.

Just got off Odyssey. No DJ thank heavens. But an excellent band, great ensemble group, excellent Ob Bar pianist, excellent guitarist/singer in The Club. Probably the best music we’ve had on a luxury cruise. (I do love HAL music walk.)

• Like 3

On 7/19/2023 at 10:43 PM, CalmSea said:

The CD said that the DJ in The Club was a failure, and claimed that live music with trios will be coming back fleet wide. We will see.

Well, that would make me very happy! I hope that turns out to be what they're doing. And I'd give them kudos for listening the customer feedback and changing course.