Effective sailings beginning August 1, 2023: "Enhanced" OceanReady Check-in Process

snoozecrooze

10 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I suppose it depends how much you wish to believe Carmen Roig who is VP Marketing (or similar title).  I imagine we all will believe it when see it as it might be delayed.  Who knows?  And as I mentioned somewhere before, nothing was said as to anyone can order after August 1 (such as for a mid- to late-August voyage, or whether for new bookings after that date, etc.  One would think/hope that anyone can order after the launch date.  I'd look for a formal announcement since it is a good news item.  Maybe they will email all Captain's Circle Members living in Canada.

Not optimistic for September but maybe by late October it will be available, just have to wait and see I guess.  Glad I’m not cruising the beginning of August though.

7 minutes ago, Sprocket said:

Not optimistic for September but maybe by late October it will be available, just have to wait and see I guess.  Glad I’m not cruising the beginning of August though.

Where are you getting Sep/Oct timeframe from?  Thanks.

This seem all highly convoluted. People live and die by their phones and technology and I guess Princess feels this is the way to go. But seriously, get on board the ship faster? You aren't missing anything if you wait 15 minutes, the ship isnt going to leave without you if you are in the terminal and checking in. Personally, heres my credit card, give me my room key and have a nice day.

How did we all manage before they said technology was going to change the world! I still found my way around the ship, I left a note pad in the cabin if my wife wants to find me. People worry to much about this stuff. (and Im not a seasoned Princess cruiser, been once with them and thats it. But I think we all need a little technology in our lives not more. I won't be downloading an app and I doubt it will impact my enjoyment of the cruise. 

• Like 2

When filling out the medallion order it requires you to enter a CC number. Then you hit the continue button it comes up with a $10 shipping charge and the statement that all sales are final. I have the plus package and thought that shipping of medallions to our home was free. Another way Princess grabs some more nickels and dimes?

42 minutes ago, WmFCoyote said:

When filling out the medallion order it requires you to enter a CC number. Then you hit the continue button it comes up with a $10 shipping charge and the statement that all sales are final. I have the plus package and thought that shipping of medallions to our home was free. Another way Princess grabs some more nickels and dimes?

I have not been-there-done-that, but many members have reported here going through the process and then never seeing $10 hit the CC.  Besides, you can always get the $10 back as Refundable OBC if you are charged.  I certainly agree that the App shouldn't be implying a charge for those on Plus/Premier.  It's pretty basic software logic.

4 minutes ago, Ronnieslady said:

I guess another Elite/Suite perk bites the dust.  No one seems to care anymore, or am I missing something

Which perk or benefit are you talking about?  We will still have priority boarding benefit.

16 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Which perk or benefit are you talking about?  We will still have priority boarding benefit.

I'm not ronnieslady but I'll answer for myself. I'm going to miss being able to swap our elite mini bar set up for 2 coffee packages. 😪

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I must be misunderstanding something then.  Or my brain is still not working right since Covid.    In August how will the Priority boarding come into play

14 minutes ago, Ronnieslady said:

I must be misunderstanding something then.  Or my brain is still not working right since Covid.    In August how will the Priority boarding come into play

That’s my question.  I did not hear them say anything about an Elite check in.

We always go early and they send us through the Elite or priority check in lane, then on to the Elite/Platinum/Suites lounge until boarding time.

The now state, Aug 1st, there will be… Blue, Green and Accessible lanes, to simplify the process.

Will there still be an Elite/priority lane still?  Surely, we won’t have to go to the Blue, if we didn’t have our OM mailed. IDK.  We shall see.

We will find out after the sailings very soon.

On 7/14/2023 at 2:17 PM, 1965 said:

We live in USA. We'll be blue lane. We're not paying to have our medallions shipped. 

Well, we embarked on the Majestic in May out of Vancouver with the Plus package.  For some reason we had to pay for the medallions to be shipped.  Mentioned it to guest services and the next day we were given a 10.00 credit on our account.  When our final bill was emailed to us, the 10.00 credit was gone.  It's been six weeks since we got home and we're still waiting for our refund check.

4 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

That’s my question.  I did not hear them say anything about an Elite check in.

We always go early and they send us through the Elite or priority check in lane, then on to the Elite/Platinum/Suites lounge until boarding time.

The now state, Aug 1st, there will be… Blue, Green and Accessible lanes, to simplify the process.

Will there still be an Elite/priority lane still?  Surely, we won’t have to go to the Blue, if we didn’t have our OM mailed. IDK.  We shall see.

We will find out after the sailings very soon.

I think I realize my mistake. Elites/ Suites still have priority boarding, but not check in, which involves the different color lanes or long lines to get in the terminal. Like we experienced in Fort Lauderdale 🥵 in September.

6 hours ago, Ronnieslady said:

I think I realize my mistake. Elites/ Suites still have priority boarding, but not check in, which involves the different color lanes or long lines to get in the terminal. Like we experienced in Fort Lauderdale 🥵 in September.

The priority line for entry into the terminal still exists at Port Everglades terminal 2.  

We were there last week but didn’t use it since we were traveling with family.  There was no wait while it took us about 5 minutes to get in the terminal.  The entry lines merged for security.  After security passengers were separated into two lines: have medallion or don’t have.  We had our medallions so immediately went to an empty podium.  We had our security picture taken again and were told we could proceed on board (cabins didn’t open until around 1 pm).  Elites and platinums who had arrived early before boarding began were already on the ship. The rest of our family waited in a short line (a few minutes at most) and then were waited on by staff at the check-in counter.  We boarded together within less than 10 minutes after clearing security.

• Like 2

Enhanced embarkation starts with voyages departing Aug 1

I want to make sure you’ve heard the great news about our enhancements to our embarkation process. Starting with voyages departing on or after Aug 1, we’ve simplified what it means to be Green, Blue or Accessibility Lane when guests get OceanReady, and it centers around whether your clients have their Medallion shipped to their residence.Whatever lane, your clients will still enjoy easy embarkation, we’ve only made it better. 

Key highlights and distinctions are summarized below. Download the OceanReady Flyer and OceanReady FAQs  for all details, so you can advise your clients on the necessary steps to ensure an effortless embarkation.

• Green Lane – Guests who have completed all steps of the Travel Check list in Ocean Ready via the Princess MedallionClass app or the web-based OceanReady at Princess.com , and chose to have their Medallion(s) shipped to them (U.S. and Puerto Rico only). With Green Lane, guests enjoy the most streamlined embarkation. They will have their travel docs validated by our terminal staff and they proceed directly to the ship. Remember, if your clients book with Princess Plus or Premier, the $10 Medallion shipping fee is waived.

You may have clients who were “Green” and now are “Blue”: Guests who were Green Lane and either did not elect to have their Medallion(s) shipped to them or are from outside the U.S. where we currently cannot ship (in particular, Canada), will now become Blue Lane for voyages departing on or after August 1st. It is important to remind your clients that they are getting the same expedited experience, they only difference is they have the added step of picking up their Medallion at the terminal. However, if your client (U.S. and Puerto Rico only) is 13 or more days from their sailing date, they can still use Ocean Ready to have their Medallion(s) shipped to them to become Green Lane again.. 
  • Blue Lane – Guests who may have completed some, none, or all of the Travel Checklist, but have elected to not have their Medallion(s) ship to them, will still enjoy streamlined check in, but will pick their Medallion(s) at the cruise terminal.
  • Accessibility Lane – Guest with mobility or other accessibility needs will always have a lane available to them for a more streamlined check-in, regardless of OceanReady color designation.
  • No more scheduled arrival times! – Guest are no longer required to select an arrival group time as part of these enhancements. Guests can arrive within the published check-in window at a time that works for them. We strongly encourage guests to provide their travel arrangement information via OceanReady. The published check-in window is available in their travel summary.
  • Updated Digital Boarding Pass – We’ve enhanced the boarding pass, available 11 days prior to sailing date in the Princess app. It now includes key guest information (deck, stateroom #, etc). The Arrival Group designation has been removed, per above.

We hope these enhancements help your clients enjoy an even more effortless vacation with Princess!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4