Laundry service

washcruise13

Sorry, what 50% off deal?  If you have Gold status, there will be a “coupon” in your room on embarkation.  It can be used any time.  If you don’t have status, there is usually a deal mid-week for $30 a bag.    The bag doesn’t show up until mid week, but I’m sure the steward can get it earlier if you need it.

Edited by Russiamomm
Elaborate
  • Like 2

Russiamomm:  There is usually a 50% off coupon on like the middle day of the cruise that is delivered with the pile of trash they give you each day.  I've thrown that note into the bag several days later and only been charged half.  

1 minute ago, jlowe420 said:

Russiamomm:  There is usually a 50% off coupon on like the middle day of the cruise that is delivered with the pile of trash they give you each day.  I've thrown that note into the bag several days later and only been charged half.  

Thanks.  I’ve either never gotten one or never noticed it.  😂

1 hour ago, cruiserbear55 said:

And roll your clothes.

Mrs. RB always does this. I understand the wrinkle thing, but how can rolling them possibly take up less space, as she claims?

23 minutes ago, RB9643 said:

Mrs. RB always does this. I understand the wrinkle thing, but how can rolling them possibly take up less space, as she claims?

You’d be surprised!  It makes a huge difference.  You wouldn’t believe how much I can get into those small, flimsy bags by rolling everything tight!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RB9643 said:

Try it yourself at home. Get yourself a three gallon plastic bag ( bathroom waste container size.) Get a load of dirty clothes, ( don't use clothes that Mrs.RB may have just spent hours cleaning, or there'll be hell to pay!!.) Roll them as tightly as you can, and PLACE them methodically in the bag until full. Now dump out the bag and ruffle up all the clothes. Now try just stuffing them in the bag. You'll find you will fit a whole lot more by rolling than stuffing. 

And as MagnoliaBlossom  stated above, pack a couple of those plastic bags to line the paper laundry bag NCL provides. The paper bags are cheap, flimsy, and tear easily. Happy Cruising!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NW Pacific said:

Be careful what you send out in the laundry bag.  remember clothes washed and dried in hot water and dried on high heat setting.

Not true. 

And we send a couple of bags out on every cruise (sailing 5-6 times a year) and have never had any problems. 

11 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Not true. 

And we send a couple of bags out on every cruise (sailing 5-6 times a year) and have never had any problems. 

You've been lucky

• Like 1

On 7/14/2023 at 7:38 PM, NW Pacific said:

Be careful what you send out in the laundry bag.  remember clothes washed and dried in hot water and dried on high heat setting.

At home I hang dry my tops so that they don't shrink, so I always have to remember not to include them in the laundry bags.  

2 hours ago, boltnut55 said:

At home I hang dry my tops so that they don't shrink, so I always have to remember not to include them in the laundry bags.  

PLUS many of the "light, modern fabric" fashion clothing would not "survive" in a tumble dryer, not even on a "mild cycle". 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, mjkacmom said:

I’ve never seen a 50% off coupon, just the $30 bag.

I believe that it is among the "Latitude Welcome Back pack" that Latitude Gold members get, similar to Platinum and above getting a "free laundry" coupon amongst the other coupons in their "Welcome Back pack".

11 minutes ago, nextcruiseonmymind said:

I have used the Platinum laundry service coupon a few times and the laundry comes back totally wrinkled. Is it possible to pay up in order to have your clothes pressed?

Thanks

I saw a list a couple of years old, $5 a shirt, $8 for pants, wash dry iron.

On 7/15/2023 at 12:04 AM, BirdTravels said:

Not true. 

I might hesitate to send something especially expensive/delicate down...but I don't own any expensive/delicate clothes, not ones I'd pack for a cruise anyway 🙂