New Orleans!

6 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

I'm not sure why that article was published today. This news was announced in February.

That's funny, because *I* missed it, too.  😄  And I haven't seen any discussion of it on here.  I don't know about you, but I LOVE sailing out of NOLA.  It's a great place to visit before and after a cruise, and it's lovely sailing down the river.  

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

That's funny, because *I* missed it, too.  😄  And I haven't seen any discussion of it on here.  I don't know about you, but I LOVE sailing out of NOLA.  It's a great place to visit before and after a cruise, and it's lovely sailing down the river.  

We will be right there with you. Like to visit NOLA and back to Grand Cayman.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, superduper123 said:

I guess I've been under a rock, because I always thought Royal had a ship sailing from New Orleans. 😆

I'm also confused.

We sailed on the Radiance of the Seas in January 2023.

The itinerary was not a one off as cruises had been leaving for a while and  were scheduled for the rest of the winter season.

19 minutes ago, Homosassa said:

I'm also confused.

The itinerary was not a one off as cruises had been leaving for a while and  were scheduled for the rest of the winter season.

Actually radiance did a few weeks and then was in Galveston. I was booked on radiance jan 30th out of Galveston and then again march 27, both 10 days on radiance and it did some to coco cay. For sure radiance was not scheduled for the rest of winter. I believe radiance was pulled from Australia and needed some place to go so did a little out of new orleans and dead headed to texas jan 2023. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Homosassa said:

I'm also confused.

It's frustratingly intermittent.  (we did Radiance, too, during her last visit.  And Navigator and Serenade before that)

23 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Actually radiance did a few weeks and then was in Galveston. I was booked on radiance jan 30th out of Galveston and then again march 27, both 10 days on radiance and it did some to coco cay. For sure radiance was not scheduled for the rest of winter. I believe radiance was pulled from Australia and needed some place to go so did a little out of new orleans and dead headed to texas jan 2023. 

I did Radiance from New Orleans in November of 2022. I would highly recommend it to anyone as long as they don't have to drive in New Orleans or surrounding areas!!!

2 hours ago, RoperDK said:

We are booked on the Brilliance in Jan 2025 out of NOLA.  What terminal does Royal use?  Is the parking deck right there?  I seem to remember that Royal has an odd set up in NOLA. 

It was the Julia Street Cruise Terminal for our RCI cruises out of here and the parking was just across the street from the terminal if I recall correctly..

Edited by robtulipe
  • Thanks 1