3 C&A cruise points per night?

Yes, solo in a junior suite or higher.

Note that a Royal Up from a non-suite to a suite will not earn the extra suite point.

ETA:  The cabin has to be booked as solo, it can't be a double booking with a no show.

Edited by Another_Critic

Thanks.  I just got off Harmony where they celebrated Super Mario earning his 11,000th C&A point, but it was posted here that he earned his 10,000th the week of August 2, 2022, so that's basically three points a night, so single in a suite makes sense.

1 minute ago, PattyW said:

Thanks.  I just got off Harmony where they celebrated Super Mario earning his 11,000th C&A point, but it was posted here that he earned his 10,000th the week of August 2, 2022, so that's basically three points a night, so single in a suite makes sense.

I thought he only booked interior rooms.

1 minute ago, PattyW said:

But don't forget Double Points last yr. I did just 8 Cruises and and got 216 points myself

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I thought he only booked interior rooms.

That's what I heard as well, but it can't be true unless there is another way to triple your points.

6 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

But don't forget Double Points last yr. I did just 8 Cruises and and got 216 points myself

That's true!  Did they double the single supplement too?

12 minutes ago, PattyW said:

That's true!  Did they double the single supplement too?

Yes

( 1 for the cabin + 1 for a suite + 1 for being booked as single in a double ) * 2 for the double points promo. So, you could get as many as 6 points per night.

Edited by RobInMN
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, PattyW said:

That's 156 Crystal blocks... His room must be crowded.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

6 hours ago, PattyW said:

so that's basically three points a night, so single in a suite makes sense.

All of his 2022 cruises earned him 4 points per night (COVID promo) - he doesn't usually cruise in suites.

Super Mario just did another interview where he explained all of his numbers.  He (generally) only books inside cabins. He sets himself up a roped off desk/table area off to the corner on the pool deck where he works away.  I think a lot of us have met him on sailings out of Miami.   

FYI, to book inside cabins at the single supplement that he pays (being pinnacle), it adds up to $82,000 per year he spends on cruise fare, taxes and gratuities.  Not including onboard spending.  That is for 50 weeks per year (he takes off Christmas and New Years) 

Edited by Toddcan
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Maybe in the past but with how Royal has been raising cruise prices that will definitely be going up

These were 2023 prices. He did the video to update his last one which was 2019 prices

16 hours ago, RobInMN said:

Yes

( 1 for the cabin + 1 for a suite + 1 for being booked as single in a double ) * 2 for the double points promo. So, you could get as many as 6 points per night.

I don't remember what the math was, but during the pandemic restart, a single in a suite were earning 7x points.

May be it was 1 for cabin x 3 + 1 for suite x 3 + 1 for single in a double. 

7 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

I don't remember what the math was, but during the pandemic restart, a single in a suite were earning 7x points.

I think you are mistaken. That would be triple points, which was not the promo. I remember there was lots of discussion, but don't recall anyone claiming 7. I do recall people that were arguing (hoping) for 8 points ( (1 room + 1 solo) * 2 for suite ) * 2 for the promo). where they were trying to say that a suite was "double" (*2) when it is actually just a "+1".  Granted, RC uses the term "Double" in som places, but in the fine print of the T&C, it says "Additional". Anyway, the double points promo was also applied at the end, so it would have to be an even number, no matter what your base was.

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

Your math is off - the promo was double whatever the “normal” accrual was, so the most anyone could get was 6 points (three points for being solo in a suite x 2). 

Biker, who is surprised the points police have not posted yet. 

Edited by Biker19

3 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

No, the maximum you could get was 6 points pn.  Solo in a suite = 3x2 =6

7 hours ago, Toddcan said:

Super Mario just did another interview where he explained all of his numbers.  He (generally) only books inside cabins. He sets himself up a roped off desk/table area off to the corner on the pool deck where he works away.  I think a lot of us have met him on sailings out of Miami.   

FYI, to book inside cabins at the single supplement that he pays (being pinnacle), it adds up to $82,000 per year he spends on cruise fare, taxes and gratuities.  Not including onboard spending.  That is for 50 weeks per year (he takes off Christmas and New Years) 

Who cares?

• Like 1