Aqua class vs …….

kasowell2

We’ve sailed Aqua class exclusively (elite status) but the price has gotten exorbitant. The cruise I was watching raised the aqua class rooms over $1000 this week. My question is to those that sailed aqua before and now sail regular veranda. Do you regret not sailing aqua? The cruise we are looking at is on an edge class ship. My thought is that since the edge class ships do not have the large dining rooms then Blu doesn’t carry as much sway as before for us.

What’s other people’s thoughts that may have done both and did you miss the aqua class amenities?

I don't know why this question keeps coming up.  I don't.  Either you like having a dedicated restaurant for breakfast and dinner or you think the MDR and specialties are enough.  Or you really have to eat in a buffet.  If you don't like what Blu has to offer, then book a regular veranda cabin.

I enjoyed Blu on my first cruise and will enjoy it again this winter, 2023.  But I did cruise in a suite this year and am doing that again next, in 2025.  

We’ve cruised on Beyond and yes the spa are was much larger than the solstice class ships. We were just wondering since the Edge class ships have smaller dining venues if not booking aqua class was something we might miss. The aqua perks of bygone days are no longer.

2 hours ago, kasowell2 said:

We’ve sailed Aqua class exclusively (elite status) but the price has gotten exorbitant. The cruise I was watching raised the aqua class rooms over $1000 this week. My question is to those that sailed aqua before and now sail regular veranda. Do you regret not sailing aqua? The cruise we are looking at is on an edge class ship. My thought is that since the edge class ships do not have the large dining rooms then Blu doesn’t carry as much sway as before for us.

What’s other people’s thoughts that may have done both and did you miss the aqua class amenities?

we like the SV on E Class  esp if AQ class is too pricey...offers great 4 mdr dining choices.. We  have  one  booked on  APEX, but got a good  prices for AQ class IV on ASCENT..  We like BLU and the thermal suites and manage ok with the IV.

variety is refreshing every so of often!

The extra amenities were fun but we decided Aqua wasn’t worth it. You aren’t really getting better stuff just more of the same stuff. If it was a really good deal maybe but not for the increased price. We also are not spa regulars. I found the food quality the same in Blu. It’s a pretty restaurant but is it worth paying extra for, not really. 

We cruise frequently(six or more times a year), but not on E class we really like the four different dining venues. On S class it’s a definite for aqua, but M class is very discriminatory(we need an accessible cabin)as out of the hundred or so A1 & A2 cabins there is only one(yes that number is correct). So if we want an accessible cabin in Aqua on an M class ship we need to book the day schedules are released.

Hal

2 hours ago, kasowell2 said:

I would miss the excellent breakfasts in Blu.  I feel they are outstanding.  We also think the Persian Gardens (Thermal) on the Edge Class is worthwhile.  We take advantage of that.  On our last cruise on Beyond, we went to dinner in Blu 3 times.  The other times we went to Specialty Restaurants and to one of the MDRs.  

Comes down to dollars...

9 minutes ago, keesar said:

I would miss the excellent breakfasts in Blu.  I feel they are outstanding.  We also think the Persian Gardens (Thermal) on the Edge Class is worthwhile.  We take advantage of that.  On our last cruise on Beyond, we went to dinner in Blu 3 times.  The other times we went to Specialty Restaurants and to one of the MDRs.  

Comes down to dollars...

always!

Never appreciated AQ "perks"  Blu not great. IMO-   Book a balcony cabin, well located midship with cabins above and below, and dine a few dinners in specialty restaurants.  A much more cost effective vacation.  Sometimes you can get a CC stateroom for just a little more and get the extra cruise points.

• Like 2

I go for aqua class if the price comes out right.  I enjoy Blu, especially breakfast and I do use the Thermal/Persian gardens daily, sometimes twice a day.  If I dont get aqua I usually by the cruise pass for the Persian gardens.  Usually tho the TA I use who has great group rates dont include AQ rooms.  So I usually try bidding up when that comes out.  

38 minutes ago, bikerunner said:

I go for aqua class if the price comes out right.  I enjoy Blu, especially breakfast and I do use the Thermal/Persian gardens daily, sometimes twice a day.  If I dont get aqua I usually by the cruise pass for the Persian gardens.  Usually tho the TA I use who has great group rates dont include AQ rooms.  So I usually try bidding up when that comes out.  

Our experience as well. 
Have not tried AQ on an E Class ship.

Persian Gardens continues to be a real plus for us.

7 hours ago, keesar said:

Comes down to dollars...

Think the breakfast in Blu beats the breakfast in Luminae- we usually travel suites but were sold out on our last cruise. We were very pleasantly surprised by Aqua class. I’d not sail in an IV on e class though. 

14 hours ago, kasowell2 said:

We used to sail in ov, inside and balconies.  We are elite as well.  Frequent gym users.  Just sailed the Equinox AQ.  I loved my cruise but would have loved it in a regular balcony.  I am not one of the Blu fans as I usually ended up ordering off of the MDR menu.  This was at least to me due to the overabundance of nuts and fish/seafood on menu which I don't eat.  I did like the all in option of drinks and wifi although we did have to upgrade the package.  And that was it.  We are trying a sky suite on the Reflection during 2024 December holiday.