When do we receive documents?

Merrywench

I don't remember when mine showed up but we are 4 days out and ours have been online for a while.  In the online registration page, along the top there are links to the different parts of the registration process, (with green checks showing which portions are complete). the last link is docs, if there is a green check they are ready. I don't know if online delivery is something we chose somewhere along the way or if it is all that way now.  Sorry, that's not super specific, I hope it helps at least a little.

We are off for the Quest (in a few days) and our boarding pass was on our Source App about 2 weeks prior to embarkation.  I believe it is all online now (we have not received snail mail on our last couple of cruises).  You should put the Seabourn "Source" App on your phone and set it up.  That App is somewhat useful both before and during the cruise (although we know quite a few SB regulars who resist using an app).

Hank

We are travelling in November to Antarctica. When I log into my cruise on the Seabourn website and click on the ‘Docs’ tab, it says that my documents will be accessible 45 days before the cruise begins.  I don’t think I was ever given an option to choose postal delivery.  I hope this helps.

21 hours ago, Merrywench said:

We are 26 days from our cruise. When should we get our documents? Or do we do this all on line now?

It’s all online now. You print out your own Embarkation and Luggage tags.

Thank you, TJ. We haven’t been back on SB since our 2020 cruise Dubai to Athens so the process is a bit daunting but now I think we got it. Paper tags. Better not put them on until we’re sure the airlines are finished manhandling the luggage.

1 hour ago, Merrywench said:

Thank you, TJ. We haven’t been back on SB since our 2020 cruise Dubai to Athens so the process is a bit daunting but now I think we got it. Paper tags. Better not put them on until we’re sure the airlines are finished manhandling the luggage.

I took the luggage tags with us and then waited until the day we were boarding the ship to attach them with the use of a stapler the hotel lent us. To be honest I only did my husbands as I couldn't find mine but when we got to the ship the staff attached a tag and wrote the suite number on it as we got to the port entry in Civitavecchia. 

I picked up a mini stapler at one of the big box stores with a “ mart” in the name. It was back to school time and I paid less than a dollar.(I think I have seen them at the dollar store also)  But that was a few years ago. It’s quite small. I bought it specifically for cruise luggage tags. That and a roll of tear by hand tape stay in my carry on personal item even for non-cruise travel. Both have come in handy on multiple occasions. 

In the past I have laminated my tags in advance with clear packing tape then punched holes at the ends. I bring baggie ties which are very easy to carry and then just tie them together onto the suitcase when they are needed. 

If you stay in a hotel the hotel desk usually has a stapler that you can borrow on your way out to staple them - but I have found the baggie tie method works very well. 

• Like 1

On 7/21/2023 at 3:48 PM, nancygp said:

We use clear tag holders purchased from Amazon.  They easily attached to your luggage 

Nancy

Us too. They’re cheap and do the job. Shame we have to resort to that though. 

• Like 1

On 7/21/2023 at 10:48 AM, nancygp said:

We use clear tag holders purchased from Amazon.  They easily attached to your luggage 

Nancy

So do we!   Purchased on Amazon.  We attached when we collect the bags at the airport.   

• Like 1

Spookily enough I have just had an email from my TA after I asked them the same question.

They replied ....

Seabourn no longer send out the final documents in the post, these are now all available online on the Seabourn Source.

14 hours ago, Hobar said:

Not only do we miss the SB luggage tags, but these as well.  Who doesn’t remember the excitement when they arrived in snail mail?

IMG_0617.jpeg

I love it. We had so many that we would discard the old ones when the new ones arrived, not ever imagining they would be replaced by emails. And now, no use for them, except to look at then with fond memories. Thank you for posting. 

• Like 2

On 7/21/2023 at 3:48 PM, nancygp said:

Looks perfect. I had a look on Amazon and there are loads to choose from but they all say they are ok every cruise company under the sun but no mention of Seabourn. Do you think they are all suitable for every cruise company? Have sailed Seabourn and Celebrity in the past 12 months and don't remember thinking the paper tags were different in size. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dunnedg said:

Its ok. Found suitable tags on ebay. No word of Seabourn but says they are suitable for Carnival etc so all good. Only £4.99 so might just about be able to buy a new tie also to go with my dinner suit😂

• Haha 2