Diamond Questions

I am looking at the benefits for Diamond and have a few questions:

1. For the free drinks, does it include Frappuccino from Cafe Promenade?  (The coffee card doesn't so  that is why I am asking)
  2. For the free drinks, does it include a spiked coffee (e.g. with baileys)?
  3. What is "Up Close & Personal with Our Entertainment Family Event"?  
  4. For the free photo, is it a photo per Diamond member?  Or per stateroom?  e.g. if 3 of us are Diamond
  5. For free internet, is that per Diamon member?  Or per stateroom?  (We never get internet so wouldn't have the package)

Thanks.

6 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

I am looking at the benefits for Diamond and have a few questions:

1. For the free drinks, does it include Frappuccino from Cafe Promenade?  (The coffee card doesn't so  that is why I am asking)
  2. For the free drinks, does it include a spiked coffee (e.g. with baileys)?
  3. What is "Up Close & Personal with Our Entertainment Family Event"?  
  4. For the free photo, is it a photo per Diamond member?  Or per stateroom?  e.g. if 3 of us are Diamond
  5. For free internet, is that per Diamon member?  Or per stateroom?  (We never get internet so wouldn't have the package)

Thanks.

yes

yes

sit in the theatre and listen to entertainment staff talk

per member, not included for kids

per member including kids

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

yes

yes

sit in the theatre and listen to entertainment staff talk

per member, not included for kids

per member including kids

Thanks for the quick response.

Our kids will be very happy it includes Frappuccinos 🙂

As for internet, I don't even like getting internet...but guess it will be a good way to check in on our kid(s) when we cruise and not with us. 

• Like 1

To expand on the free drinks, any beverage up to $14 is covered. So, for the Fraps, for example, you can get as many shots of flavors that you wan as long as it doesn’t go over the $14 (try chocolate and coconut. Mmmmmmmmmm,). Same with the shots in the coffee. Want a Powerade on a hot day?  Covered. Want Tito’s instead of the rum in the Rum Runner?  Ok.  Covered. It’s really quite nice now and better than the old system. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, monorail81 said:

To expand on the free drinks, any beverage up to $14 is covered. So, for the Fraps, for example, you can get as many shots of flavors that you wan as long as it doesn’t go over the $14 (try chocolate and coconut. Mmmmmmmmmm,). Same with the shots in the coffee. Want a Powerade on a hot day?  Covered. Want Tito’s instead of the rum in the Rum Runner?  Ok.  Covered. It’s really quite nice now and better than the old system. 

That's great. Thank you.  

PS - Will keep in mind the chocolate and coconut.  That sounds delicious!

10 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

That's great. Thank you.  

PS - Will keep in mind the chocolate and coconut.  That sounds delicious!

According to the papers they leave in your cabins. Minors can get free shakes at johnny rockets, though not adults for their vouchers. 

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, monorail81 said:

I do not think it works this way. For example you cannot get 3 bottles of water and count them as 1 drink under $14.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tatka said:

I do not think it works this way. For example you cannot get 3 bottles of water and count them as 1 drink under $14.

You can  get several pumps of flavor into a coffee, and it still  counts as one drink.

but you are correct, a bottle of water counts as one drink, regardless of the price

• Like 2

My upcoming cruise is the first one that I have diamond status. My husband does not, just short of diamond. Will he be able to receive my perks? Ex: go to diamond lounge, get 4 free drinks, check in with me...

Also have a question about the internet....is it free for the entire trip? Not interested in streaming.

Thank you

3 minutes ago, sunlover2 said:

My upcoming cruise is the first one that I have diamond status. My husband does not, just short of diamond. Will he be able to receive my perks? Ex: go to diamond lounge, get 4 free drinks, check in with me...

Also have a question about the internet....is it free for the entire trip? Not interested in streaming.

Thank you

Call  C and A and make sure he is linked with you. He should also be  diamond 

Edited by molly361
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, sunlover2 said:

Thank you

I would call C&A so he can match your status. He needs to be listed as diamond to get diamond perks.

Diamond gets 1 day, 24 hours free internet. When you click to buy internet after you are onboard, your discount will pop up and apply itself to your choice. For instance 3 pm to 3 pm the next day. However what I do is get on after midnight thursday usually, and wait for them to change the price of the "rest of the cruise". So I can get 3 nights and 2 full days plus debarkation  morning. I'm diamond plus so I get 2 free days of wifi. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, sunlover2 said:

Also have a question about the internet....is it free for the entire trip?

Only if you're in a Sky Class suite or above on Oasis or Quantum class. As Diamond, you each get one free day (which can only be used onboard) or the equivalent $ amount off a "rest of cruise" package. If it's a 7-night cruise and you want it for the whole week, it will be cheaper to purchase pre-cruise during a sale. If it's shorter, see firefly's post above.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, OCSC Mike said:

Only if you're in a Sky Class suite or above on Oasis or Quantum class. As Diamond, you each get one free day (which can only be used onboard) or the equivalent $ amount off a "rest of cruise" package. If it's a 7-night cruise and you want it for the whole week, it will be cheaper to purchase pre-cruise during a sale. If it's shorter, see firefly's post above.

I think she means as a loyalty perk. For instance it is free the entire cruise if you are pinnacle. My favorite pinnacle perk .. why I'd like to be pinnacle :)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

I think she means as a loyalty perk. For instance it is free the entire cruise if you are pinnacle. My favorite pinnacle perk .. why I'd like to be pinnacle 🙂

I'll just be happy for my wife and I to get 4 days to share as D+ after our next cruise. We're content sharing one account/device so we'll be doing something like you do once we get on board to stretch it out for the full cruise, one way or another.

1 minute ago, OCSC Mike said:

I'll just be happy for my wife and I to get 4 days to share as D+ after our next cruise. We're content sharing one account/device so we'll be doing something like you do once we get on board to stretch it out for the full cruise, one way or another.

Trying to make me wish I had a husband to share. ... 4 days would really make me happy. Years to get to pinnacle. Took me 20 years to hit diamond plus. But in a way i think it's good to have something to shoot for. I'll hit diamond on carnival on my 14 days on dream next January .. and i think what now? I'm at 197 on carnival and they award the next level, 200 pts before you board, not after like rcl. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Years to get to pinnacle. Took me 20 years to hit diamond plus. But in a way i think it's good to have something to shoot for. I'll hit diamond on carnival on my 14 days on dream next January .. and i think what now? I'm at 197 on carnival and they award the next level, 200 pts before you board, not after like rcl.

Well who told you to sail Carnival? 🤣

I wouldn't even be close to D+ if not for my wife. I married into Emerald 21 years ago. Hadn't been on a cruise before our honeymoon but my wife sailed as a kid. We also have 42 points from her generous parents taking the family on cruises in GS's twice in the past 14 months (one was a covid special for 28). We're just now beginning to look to cruise more than once or twice a year but I won't even be thinking about Pinnacle for a very long time (if ever). I have a 2nd crystal block to look forward to in the next couple years, so there's that. Yay paperweights!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

I wouldn't even be close to D+ if not for my wife. I married into Emerald 21 years ago. Hadn't been on a cruise before our honeymoon but my wife sailed as a kid. We also have 42 points from her generous parents taking the family on cruises in GS's twice in the past 14 months (one was a covid special for 28). We're just now beginning to look to cruise more than once or twice a year but I won't even be thinking about Pinnacle for a very long time (if ever). I have a 2nd crystal block to look forward to in the next couple years, so there's that. Yay paperweights!

Or doorstop

front door.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Tatka said:

That’s not what I said at all. I was talking per drink and the OP understood what I was saying because I was directly answering using the examples they asked about and then added a few more. 

38 minutes ago, monorail81 said:

That’s not what I said at all. I was talking per drink and the OP understood what I was saying because I was directly answering using the examples they asked about and then added a few more. 

Yes, I understood.  Thank you.

Appreciate the replies.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

I thought Emerald was introduced during the last 10 years? Maybe Platinum or Diamond?

6 minutes ago, Tatka said:

I thought Emerald was introduced during the last 10 years? Maybe Platinum or Diamond?

I would have known if I was Diamond, lol. There was a reason we didn't go to open bar happy hour back then.

Pretty sure it was emerald but I could be wrong.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, sunlover2 said:

Thank you

He will also be a full diamond member on the cruise (he can thank you later). And will have his own set of drink vouchers. 

55 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

I would have known if I was Diamond, lol. There was a reason we didn't go to open bar happy hour back then.

Pretty sure it was emerald but I could be wrong.

Found! 2011!

https://www.travelagewest.com/Travel/Cruise/RCI-Revamps-Loyalty-Program

when they switched from number of cruises to number of nights.

I lost 7 nights back then because Royal counted all cruises up to 12 nights as 1 credit (7 points). I had 9 and 10 nighters which became 7 points (people who had many 3-4 nighters got more points. as they also were converted as 1 credit (7 points).

I think you were Platinum 21 years ago. 🙂

3 minutes ago, Tatka said:

Found! 2011!

https://www.travelagewest.com/Travel/Cruise/RCI-Revamps-Loyalty-Program

when they switched from number of cruises to number of nights.

I lost 7 nights back then because Royal counted all cruises up to 12 nights as 1 credit (7 points). I had 9 and 10 nighters which became 7 points (people who had many 3-4 nighters got more points. as they also were converted as 1 credit (7 points).

I think you were Platinum 21 years ago. 🙂

I remembered the conversion but I guess you were right and I was Platinum. I only sailed 3 times prior to 2011.

• Thanks 1