Eliminating Butlers - Spoke to Celebrity. Here is conversation.

LMHSRN

36 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I don’t want to talk to a dispatcher.  

It doesn't bother me in the least.  At least half the time we call our Butler, they are on break, off hours, or in the middle of helping someone else.  Much of the rest of the time, we'd have to leave a message.  Either they would have to stop in order to get someone to cover for them, or we would have to wait for them to get free.  If it is, indeed, a dispatcher sort of system, then I can just leave the request with them.  In almost every case, I couldn't care less who actually handles the request, just so long as it gets done.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, DCPIV said:

It doesn't bother me in the least.  At least half the time we call our Butler, they are on break, off hours, or in the middle of helping someone else.  Much of the rest of the time, we'd have to leave a message.  Either they would have to stop in order to get someone to cover for them, or we would have to wait for them to get free.  If it is, indeed, a dispatcher sort of system, then I can just leave the request with them.  In almost every case, I couldn't care less who actually handles the request, just so long as it gets done.

I can understand that opinion if you had inferior customer service.  We had excellent service on the Beyond.  I see no reason to change things.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zitsky said:

I can understand that opinion if you had inferior customer service.  We had excellent service on the Beyond.  I see no reason to change things.

In fact, we've always had excellent service.  That's why I don't care.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

On our 5 post Covid cruises in a Sky Suite, not once when we called our butler did he not answer the phone and we called him at least once or twice a day.  We had such excellent service from all 5 and I DO NOT want to lose that level of service. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

On our 5 post Covid cruises in a Sky Suite, not once when we called our butler did he not answer the phone and we called him at least once or twice a day.  We had such excellent service from all 5 and I DO NOT want to lose that level of service. 

Hey, you're preaching to the choir.  I don't want to lose that level of service, either.  I'm just saying that we don't know that we will.  The difference may be that instead of getting excellent service from one crew member over the cruise, you may get it from more than one.

I know how CC love to get all gloomy and doomy, though, and here we are.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, CAicruiser said:

Exactly.if I do not pay as much as high end suite.

I don’t expert the same level of services that high end suites are getting.

That’s like:

“I pay for an inside cabin. I should not expect to eat in the buffet.  (For free)”

Edited by zitsky
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, terrydtx said:

It is certainly possible that the team member tasked with stocking your minibar will follow the Sky Suite benefits instead of the Upper level benefits.  As I recall you have reported several times that your Butler has provided you beer without an extra charge in your mini bar.  

it will be interesting to hear feedback from people staying in a Sky Suite under this new approach.  Perhaps as early as next week.

3 hours ago, terrydtx said:

And your calls may be answered equally promptly under the new regime and your needs catered for so YOU MAY NOT lose that level of service, time will tell.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

It is certainly possible that the team member tasked with stocking your minibar will follow the Sky Suite benefits instead of the Upper level benefits.  As I recall you have reported several times that your Butler has provided you beer without an extra charge in your mini bar.  

On all 5 post Covid Sky Suites cruises our butler has provided all the beer, wine and premium bottled water without asking, that we wanted. In EVERY case the butler told us this was included because we had the premium drinks with our SS. As far as I am concerning this is a Sky Suites benefit and expect it to remain so on my Apex cruise next month.

• Like 3

Sailed Edge 3 times Celebrity Suite, Celebrity Suite then Sky Suite 2021, Equinox Sky Suite 2022 and Summit Sky Suite 2022. Best Butler ever on the Edge. Equinox was o.k. Summit just outright bad. Only ever got 1 bottle of champagne delivered to the room on the Edge. Equinox had to almost beg for 2 glasses of the Louis Jadot non oak Chardonnay delivered to the room. After 1st time told it was no longer available. Summit asked for 2 glasses of Cattier champagne for sail away. He said they didn't have it. I walked down to the bar right outside Luminae and ordered 2 glasses and walked back to cabin for sailaway. Water was delivered to the room, which was appreciated. Haven't been back on board since 2022 due to what felt like "lessened service" for what we had enjoyed so much on the Edge. 

5 hours ago, terrydtx said:

On all 5 post Covid Sky Suites cruises our butler has provided all the beer, wine and premium bottled water without asking, that we wanted. In EVERY case the butler told us this was included because we had the premium drinks with our SS. As far as I am concerning this is a Sky Suites benefit and expect it to remain so on my Apex cruise next month.

Yes, I know you have stated that many times.

This is the line item listed under the Royal Suite :”Complimentary bottled water, soda, and beer stocked daily”.

That benefit is not listed under the Sky Suite amenities.

Of course that does not mean that a Sky Suite might also receive the stocked minibar, it is just not a listed benefit.

When I have stayed in a Sky Suite, I have had the butler offer to get me a drink.  But I just emptied my minibar and bought items back to my cabin for the minibar.

Edited by jagoffee
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We're not on X until December so we'll have plenty of information about the implementation.

Of course, as I said in the original thread, on our last cruise, on about day 8 of 10, DH informed me that I'd been calling the lounge every morning for coffee.  Apparently, they just accepted my order and called my butler to deliver.  If that's what this will be, I guess I'm Ok with it.

And to those who think that Luminae and lounge will be next - I think at that point there would have to be a major repricing, since all the room will be is a balcony with more space.  Looking at a random cruise, it appears a sky suite is just under 2x the price of Aqua, and about 3.5x the price of a balcony.  (Since I'm sure Blu can't handle all the Sky Suites and Aqua.  Hmmm, maybe they make Aqua rooms concierge rooms and Sky Suites Aqua?

I guess we'll see.

18 hours ago, terrydtx said:

Terry now I kind of understand why you are peeved at this change.  You actually use your butler a lot vs. my use of them.  I think perhaps once in a 7 night cruise I might actually call my Butler.  Not 1-2 times a day.  I see my butler when he/she stops by on occasion, perhaps to check our mini-fridge.  Or when they deliver our breakfast after leaving the card on the door.  I actually have very little need for them in reality.   We never have them meet us in the theatre on Chic night- and we don't like the reserved seat area.  Anything related to guest services, reservations, etc. I will go to the Retreat Lounge and use the Concierge there.  Our room steward takes care of us more than our butler including taking an occasional laundry bag.  That is my case.  Frankly I struggle finding what to do with the butler on most cruises.  So most of my needs would be easily met by a dedicated on-demand Retreat Team approach when I really think about it.  So I am willing to try it.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Terry now I kind of understand why you are peeved at this change.  You actually use your butler a lot vs. my use of them.  I think perhaps once in a 7 night cruise I might actually call my Butler.  Not 1-2 times a day.  I see my butler when he/she stops by on occasion, perhaps to check our mini-fridge.  Or when they deliver our breakfast after leaving the card on the door.  I actually have very little need for them in reality.   We never have them meet us in the theatre on Chic night- and we don't like the reserved seat area.  Anything related to guest services, reservations, etc. I will go to the Retreat Lounge and use the Concierge there.  Our room steward takes care of us more than our butler including taking an occasional laundry bag.  That is my case.  Frankly I struggle finding what to do with the butler on most cruises.  So most of my needs would be easily met by a dedicated on-demand Retreat Team approach when I really think about it.  So I am willing to try it.

Thanks for that.  Maybe all the people saying “what’s the problem” never use a butler?

22 hours ago, sanger727 said:

Yes, nothing rude at all about reaching out to the chat agent who is the lowest on the totem pole in terms of making decisons and fixing issues. And then when he's not able to cancel and refund your booking no questions asked; making broad generic statements about the cruise line going downhill and comparing them to Carnival. 

You knew perfectly well that David couldn't cancel and refund your cruise. And what answer exactly where you expecting form your last question? I think it's very easy to vent your anger on customer service agents. Expecting them to sit there and take it is rude. And then come onto an internet forum and brag about how you showed david with your questions. 

I think you need to adjust your medications.  I got the answer I was searching for.  He clarified and verified the RUMOR I was attempting to verify.  I think David showed me with correct information which I shared.  Obviously you have a problem with that information being shared.  Get over it!

9 hours ago, abbydancer said:

We're not on X until December so we'll have plenty of information about the implementation.

Of course, as I said in the original thread, on our last cruise, on about day 8 of 10, DH informed me that I'd been calling the lounge every morning for coffee.  Apparently, they just accepted my order and called my butler to deliver.  If that's what this will be, I guess I'm Ok with it.

And to those who think that Luminae and lounge will be next - I think at that point there would have to be a major repricing, since all the room will be is a balcony with more space.  Looking at a random cruise, it appears a sky suite is just under 2x the price of Aqua, and about 3.5x the price of a balcony.  (Since I'm sure Blu can't handle all the Sky Suites and Aqua.  Hmmm, maybe they make Aqua rooms concierge rooms and Sky Suites Aqua?

I guess we'll see.

Please...no trickle down!

BLU and AQ Class remain fine the way they are, and do not need any tinkering!

2 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Like you we rarely call the butler for things and we have been RS or PH guests on all our Celebrity cruises. I can’t imagine what I would need to call them for twice a day! When we meet them the first day we convey that we like an afternoon snack each day, coffee in the AM and maybe make a reservation or two and pretty much that’s it. If we order breakfast, they deliver it. We see them in the hallways and engage in a daily conversation to get to know them. Our butlers have always wanted to do more, but it just isn’t necessary for them to do things that I can do for myself. I would never bother them to deliver drinks to us, even though I’m sure they would. They are busy enough especially with some who think they are personal slaves. 

• Like 6