Eliminating Butlers - Spoke to Celebrity. Here is conversation.

LMHSRN

I had my phone call last evening. I wasn’t on the phone long as have a bad cough. 

I discussed IV, said would be good to have a balcony and IV option if X is sold on IV.

Butlers - ‘give us a chance’ was told it was to help spread the load. No other benefits being eliminated. 

Vaping no decisions been made yet. 

1 hour ago, wineoclock said:

I had my phone call last evening. I wasn’t on the phone long as have a bad cough. 

I discussed IV, said would be good to have a balcony and IV option if X is sold on IV.

Butlers - ‘give us a chance’ was told it was to help spread the load. No other benefits being eliminated. 

Vaping no decisions been made yet. 

Much the same as the call I received last week!!

• Like 1

So.  My question is this: 

Where is our letter from Celebrity informing us about our changes to our Sky Suite service for our December cruise???

And, will that letter include additional OBC as an “inconvenience” gesture since it is clearly a bait and switch.  
We paid for services as indicated category selected, only to have it switched a few months prior to sailing. 

Will our entry not Luminae be next or come with a surcharge?? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ellesor826 said:

Where is our letter from Celebrity informing us about our changes to our Sky Suite service for our December cruise???

And, will that letter include additional OBC as an “inconvenience” gesture since it is clearly a bait and switch.  
We paid for services as indicated category selected, only to have it switched a few months prior to sailing. 

The response I received from Celebrity Corporate about the same questions you are asking is the same as many other received on CC. Celebrity has no intension of sending out any formal announcements, no OBC will be offered and anyone canceling a cruise will be subject to standard cancelation penalties. In Celebrity's argument, they believe anyone who is booked in a SS will still receive the same services with a team of pseudo butlers.  I am very skeptical and as a result our next 3 booked cruise will be our last with them and I will be Elite + after we complete them. Celebrity has demonstrated all year with their many changes has no loyalty for their loyalist customers. We board the Apex in a month in a SS and I am not expecting to receive the service of a butler like in the past.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Elite +

We are becoming E+ on our December cruise and have 4 more cruises booked for 2024.  
In addition, like most, we are shareholders.  

Not smart on Celebrity’s part.  

I sense this isn’t the end of it either.  

• Like 1

We will be putting the Retreat team to the test on Edge next month and see how we get on. Haven’t been with Celebrity for a while due to their high prices, having cruised with Princess for the last 2 years, but have decided to give them another shot. Paid in full, only then to hear about the Butlers. We may be running back to Princess with our tails between our legs. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

39 minutes ago, Ellesor826 said:

In their view, they’re giving you enhanced service by providing a whole team of butlers instead of just one.  Surprising they didn’t tack on a surcharge.

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Mark_K said:

In their view, they’re giving you enhanced service by providing a whole team of butlers instead of just one.  Surprising they didn’t tack on a surcharge.

My answer to this was, if this is such a great enhancement and idea why wasn't it applied to all suites? My bet is the SS change will be the Beta testing and by the end of the year it will be applied to all suites. My TA's Celebrity rep recently told her that there are more planned changes to the Retreat that will be implemented by the end of this year.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Mark_K said:

Very insightful and clever!!

10 hours ago, Ellesor826 said:

Rosie,

Hi!  How are you?  Hope all is well.

I saw your name and wanted to say, 'Hi!'.

Kelly 😃

PinkSandGirl from the Equinox in October 2021.  

🍹

<Sorry to hijack the thread>  😉

As for the thread topic.  I too am concerned by this change along with how Celebrity is keeping it under wraps so to speak.   If it's such a great improvement, why not advertise it?   I guess time will tell.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, terrydtx said:

My answer to this was, if this is such a great enhancement and idea why wasn't it applied to all suites? My bet is the SS change will be the Beta testing and by the end of the year it will be applied to all suites. My TA's Celebrity rep recently told her that there are more planned changes to the Retreat that will be implemented by the end of this year.

More planned changes???  OMG.  I am presuming this wasn't said in a way to imply that the changes would be to our favor?  They'd better not be considering eliminating Sky Suites from the lounge or deck.  That would be a game changer.

• Thanks 1

IMO this topic has been thoroughly discussed on several threads.  I'm not saying at all that we should stop the discourse.  But for me anyway, at this point I will wait and see what the next couple of months bring as our CC colleagues cruise in Sky Suites.  What will they say about the change after actually experiencing it?  I will not take the first posts (positive or negative) as gospel.  I will wait for the trends after a bunch of cruisers report back here.  

But I still think Celebrity should have sent out a targeted communication earlier to those currently booked in Sky Suites.  Again- I admit that is at least currently not me.

• Like 6

From my TA

CELEBRITY claims they sent an email to ALL guests who are affected …. We, nor our friends, received said letter.  And, Celebrity said they could nort provide our TA with a copy, dated or otherwise, of said letter.  

Below is the information and letter content my TA finally located through much research. 

IMHO Celebrity is backpedaling due to a lack of transparency and a plethora of blowback from their guests.   The plot thickens …..

I called the retreat line and yes they are transitioning from the butler to dedicated retreat team.

Every aspect of the service you received before will still apply based on he told me

No compensation is offered at this time.

I am told the emails were sent out I did ask to receive that email again and I am told it’s not possible as hat goes out automatically. But I was able to find the copy:

Beginning August 14, 2023 Celebrity Cruises will transition from a dedicated butler concept to a Retreat Butler and Team approach. This is for all Sky Suites categories, including the Aqua Sky Suites and the Horizon Suites. This will allow for a more efficient approach, providing the same products and personalized services.

Retreat Team in affected suites consists of a Retreat Butler and team , Retreat Hosts , Retreat concierges , Retreat Manager.

Retreat Butler ownership of:

In-Suite Dining: with Dedicated Retreat Room Service Attendants

Mini Bar: with Private Bar Team

Reservations/bookings/special events: with Retreat Butler / Retreat Concierge/Manager

Suite orientation/ice/laundry/packing & unpacking: with The Retreat Host

Why are we removing dedicated Butlers from Sky Suites?

We are not removing your butler; we are providing our Sky Suite guests a dedicated team elevating the Retreat experience! Rest assured that every aspect of your service that you received before from your Butler will be available to you with our dedicated team.

Why are Sky Suites being treated like a lower class of suite?

To enhance The Retreat experience, Sky Suites will have a Dedicated Retreat Team with combined strengths who aim to deliver the same level of service that Sky Suites have always had. The teams combined efforts we allow us to service Sky Suite requests even faster than before. The Dedicated Retreat Team will do everything to ensure our guests never have to lift a finger on vacation.

Can I have a refund for my future deposits since I will not be getting the same service of a dedicated butler I paid for?

If you booked a refundable/flexible deposit, you can always change or upgrade your booking. If you booked non-refundable, rest assured all services and products will be provided, as expected by each guest. The Retreat team will continue to exceed expectations with an unforgettable experience.

Will Celebrity Suites and above still have a dedicated Butler?

Yes, Celebrity Suites and the above will continue to have access to a dedicated Butler along with all the Retreat amenities. If guests are currently booked in a Sky Suite, we can assist in looking for upgrades to a Celebrity Suite and above all if guests insist on a dedicated butler instead.

I would rather have 1 dedicated person rather than a Team of people for a more personalized service and connection.

The Retreat Concierge will personally be in touch with our guests for an introduction and make sure our guests have everything needed on their sailing. They will also have a button on speed dial from the phone in their Sky Suite. Our team members are dedicated to you and ensuring you have a wonderful vacation.

Edited by Ellesor826
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Ellesor826 said:

From my TA

CELEBRITY claims they sent an email to ALL guests who are affected …. We, not our friends, received said letter.  And, Celebrity said they could not provide our TA with a dated copy of said letter.  

Below is the information and letter content my TA finally located through much research. 

IMHO Celebrity is backpedaling due to a lack of transparency and a plethora of blowback from their guests.   The plot thickens …..

I called the retreat line and yes they are transitioning from the butler to dedicated retreat team.

Every aspect of the service you received before will still apply based on he told me

I am told the emails were sent out I did ask to receive that email again and I am told it’s not possible as hat goes out automatically. But I was able to find the copy:

Beginning August 14, 2023 Celebrity Cruises will transition from a dedicated butler concept to a Retreat Butler and Team approach. This is for all Sky Suites categories, including the Aqua Sky Suites and the Horizon Suites. This will allow for a more efficient approach, providing the same products and personalized services.

Retreat Team in affected suites consists of a Retreat Butler and team , Retreat Hosts , Retreat concierges , Retreat Manager.

Reservations/bookings/special events: with Retreat Butler / Retreat Concierge/Manager

We are not removing your butler; we are providing our Sky Suite guests a dedicated team elevating the Retreat experience! Rest assured that every aspect of your service that you received before from your Butler will be available to you with our dedicated team.

To enhance The Retreat experience, Sky Suites will have a Dedicated Retreat Team with combined strengths who aim to deliver the same level of service that Sky Suites have always had. The teams combined efforts we allow us to service Sky Suite requests even faster than before. The Dedicated Retreat Team will do everything to ensure our guests never have to lift a finger on vacation.

Can I have a refund for my future deposits since I will not be getting the same service of a dedicated butler I paid for?

If you booked a refundable/flexible deposit, you can always change or upgrade your booking. If you booked non-refundable, rest assured all services and products will be provided, as expected by each guest. The Retreat team will continue to exceed expectations with an unforgettable experience.

Yes, Celebrity Suites and the above will continue to have access to a dedicated Butler along with all the Retreat amenities. If guests are currently booked in a Sky Suite, we can assist in looking for upgrades to a Celebrity Suite and above all if guests insist on a dedicated butler instead.

I would rather have 1 dedicated person rather than a Team of people for a more personalized service and connection.

The Retreat Concierge will personally be in touch with our guests for an introduction and make sure our guests have everything needed on their sailing. They will also have a button on speed dial from the phone in their Sky Suite. Our team members are dedicated to you and ensuring you have a wonderful vacation.

Having been involved in the development of similar type documents when I was working, that diatribe looks like a FAQ that would be provided to the call center and other customer facing people. 

I have three SS bookings affected and did not get any email, or even a response to my email to the Executive Office.

mac_tlc

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

IMO this topic has been thoroughly discussed on several threads.  I'm not saying at all that we should stop the discourse.  But for me anyway, at this point I will wait and see what the next couple of months bring as our CC colleagues cruise in Sky Suites.  What will they say about the change after actually experiencing it?  I will not take the first posts (positive or negative) as gospel.  I will wait for the trends after a bunch of cruisers report back here.  

But I still think Celebrity should have sent out a targeted communication earlier to those currently booked in Sky Suites.  Again- I admit that is at least currently not me.

I agree and am looking forward to some actual experience from folks who have sailed in a suite before this and with the change. 

I am not cancelling our future ones yet, but am very wary of booking any others.

mac_tlc

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

bookings affected and did not get any email, or even a response to my email to the Executive Office.

IMHO that is unacceptable.  

I told our TA no one has received the information via email.  
As indicated, she had to search for it, so I am sure you are correct.  

Clearly, Celebrity’s backpedaling from the blowback.  

I shared my personal correspondence as I thought Celebrity’s response to her inquiry is noteworthy and affirming. 

Personally, I give Celebrity 🤥🤥🤥🤥🤥

5 Pinocchio’s

The cherry 🍒 on top 

• Like 3

On 8/6/2023 at 6:20 PM, terrydtx said:

You know who hated that name change the worst?  The Butlers hated not being called a butler, as our 2021 Equinox butler told me, "I worked very hard to get the title of Butler and resent that the company made the change and most of my fellow butlers feel the same way."

In the UK the name Butler would compare to senior servant. Host is a much nicer title in my view.

1 hour ago, Ellesor826 said:

From my TA

CELEBRITY claims they sent an email to ALL guests who are affected …. We, nor our friends, received said letter.  And, Celebrity said they could nort provide our TA with a copy, dated or otherwise, of said letter.  

We are in a Sky Suite on the September 14th Apex cruise, and we did NOT get any email or announcement of any kind. Typical Celebrity lie!!!!

We are not canceling any upcoming SS cruises, we just will not book any more with Celebrity. I will report back on CC our experience with a 'Team" of pseudo butlers after our Apex cruise next month.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Glad we tried the Retreat on BEYOND.

(used up our cancelled cruise fcc)

Been there done that..glad to be back in AQ Class on ASCENT!

Sorry for those who will lose their Butler perk. They should get a huge OBC or credit to the fare.

We  actually tried to avoid our  Butler as much as possible!  Enjoyed the service at the Retreat Lounge for whatever we needed.

If the perk is snatched away there should be compensation!

• Like 2

We haven’t received any emails or any other form of communication from Celebrity regarding this change. We have four more cruises in sky suites in the next 10 months. Will see what happens on our next one in December. We’re looking at other lines and more land vacations in the meantime. 

• Like 1

On 8/9/2023 at 9:03 AM, terrydtx said:

I had an email response from the Executive office saying no other changes are planned.  Just reporting.  I don’t know who to believe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Follow up from our TA and their agency contact at Celebrity. 

Gotta give them credit with their word-play and their out regarding compensation for those affected by their label change. 

RE Sky Suite Summit 5598280.jpeg

Edited by Ellesor826