Pinnacle steak in main dining room

Sherbertscamper

I wasn't aware that was possible, but there are countless things I don't know.  That being said, I suspect it would be easier for you to get MDR items in the PG than for him to get a PG steak in the MDR.  Either way, I hope it works out for you!

4 minutes ago, Sherbertscamper said:

I thought that I saw it listed on the main dining room menu at an additional cost.

It has been years since we have been on HAL, so maybe I wasn’t seeing it correctly.

It’s there but I would wonder about how good it is being brought to the MDR?

Try it if it works for you and please do report but strip loin  is never my choice at the PG.

There are lots of options at the PG other than steak and some of them are usually quite tasty.  Just throwing it out there for you.

• Like 1

Thanks for posting the menu, I was about to post my thoughts that making "Pinnacle Grill" menu items in the MDR would be poor marketing. Why would you pay $46.00 just to walk through the door of Pinnacle Grill if you can get that same steak for $20.00 in the MDR?

2 minutes ago, kazu said:

...There are lots of options at the PG other than steak and some of them are usually quite tasty.  Just throwing it out there for you.

Including the ever popular Clothesline Candied 🥓 🥓 

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Thanks for posting the menu, I was about to post my thoughts that making "Pinnacle Grill" menu items in the MDR would be poor marketing. Why would you pay $46.00 just to walk through the door of Pinnacle Grill if you can get that same steak for $20.00 in the MDR?

Don’t forget that it is still subject to the surcharge of 18% 😉 

and you’re not getting some of the appetizers and desserts that are offered in the PG.

If that works for you , great 🙂 

12 minutes ago, Heidi13 said:

Lyle - it's even worse, as they charge an extra 18% under the guise of a service charge, so the specialty restaurant is over $54.

And 18% will be charged for the steak in the MDR ordered from the PG as well.

Guise?  It is what it is, like it or not.  If you don’t like it, don’t go (unless you have HIA), don’t order surcharge items in the MDR, don’t order beverages and you won’t have to worry about the “guise” of service charge.

Just last month I ordered the rib eye from the Pinnacle in the Main Dining Room and it was delicious!  The meal took a bit longer to arrive but it was good and hot.  We did eat in the Pinnacle once and I was not impressed by the service.  (Over 20 minutes for a glass of wine).  Our waiters and our table in the MDR were awesome.  

• Like 2

A steakhouse meal is all about the sides. On land, we like to have a party of 4 or 6 just so we can sample all the sides. They're generally quite a bit larger than the PG versions.

48 minutes ago, Heidi13 said:

Lyle - it's even worse, as they charge an extra 18% under the guise of a service charge, so the specialty restaurant is over $54.

Right now the $46.00 includes the service charge, when the price goes up around September 1st then it's $46.00 plus the 18% just to enter Pinnacle. After that several items in Pinnacle are also up charged. This has been discussed on another thread. I think when we enjoy our HIA visit to Pinnacle grill I won't be choosing steak.

I think the OP is on to something here, if you can get the specialty steak without the Pinnacle cover charge in the MDR and only pay the premium for the steak and the "service" charge on the much lower cost of the steak.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

...I think the OP is on to something here, if you can get the specialty steak without the Pinnacle cover charge in the MDR and only pay the premium for the steak and the "service" charge on the much lower cost of the steak.

I've asked DH that question several times during each of our last 3 cruises. He just refuses to eat PG steak in MDR saying food will not be hot and steaks won't be as good.

Just going through the current Northern Europe menus and the Striploin is offered on MDR menu on regular nights and 15 oz Pinnacle Ribeye is offered on Gala & Culinary Council nights. Both at $20 +18%

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Just going through the current Northern Europe menus and the Striploin is offered on MDR menu on regular nights and 15 oz Pinnacle Ribeye is offered on Gala & Culinary Council nights. Both at $20 +18%

Except that there was no ribeye available in the Pinnacle on our very recent Norway cruise.  Supposedly there was a problem with USDA certification and the meat didn't make it to Amsterdam our port of departure.  Our server discouraged us from ordering the lobster because they only had "warm water lobsters.  There must have been several complaints.  The only item on the menu that I thought was worth having was the Chocolate Souffle.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, baggal said:

Except that there was no ribeye available in the Pinnacle on our very recent Norway cruise.  Supposedly there was a problem with USDA certification and the meat didn't make it to Amsterdam our port of departure.  Our server discouraged us from ordering the lobster because they only had "warm water lobsters.  There must have been several complaints.  The only item on the menu that I thought was worth having was the Chocolate Souffle.  

Oh no - the rib eye is my go-to. That and Candied Bacon are the only reason I go to PG; well and because DH goes for the lobster and doesn't like to dine alone. He will not be happy if he can't get lobster.

I do hope they're able to resolve the supply issues (not their fault, but sadden us).

10 hours ago, POA1 said:

A steakhouse meal is all about the sides. On land, we like to have a party of 4 or 6 just so we can sample all the sides. They're generally quite a bit larger than the PG versions.

Not for this meatatarian!  It's mainly about the meat!  I leave most of the sides. I might pick at the baked potato, and of course will eat the mushrooms with my steak, but you can have the rest of the sides! 🙂

Edited by trixiee
typo

1 hour ago, Haljo1935 said:

Oh no - the rib eye is my go-to. That and Candied Bacon are the only reason I go to PG; well and because DH goes for the lobster and doesn't like to dine alone. He will not be happy if he can't get lobster.

I do hope they're able to resolve the supply issues (not their fault, but sadden us).

You can get lobster its just different than a cold water (Maine) lobster.

8 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

I've asked DH that question several times during each of our last 3 cruises. He just refuses to eat PG steak in MDR saying food will not be hot and steaks won't be as good.

As a many-time HAL kitchen tour participant, I can report that the PG kitchen is only a few feet from the MDR kitchen so not sure how cold a steak could get during six feet of additional delivery distance.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

FWIW  on a Royal Caribbean Ship you can order a steak from the special restaurant to the MDR at a up charge  .A sale us a sale . Also there are many people who will not go into the special restaurants even if they can afford  to go 

56 minutes ago, Crew News said:

As a many-time HAL kitchen tour participant, I can report that the PG kitchen is only a few feet from the MDR kitchen so not sure how cold a steak could get during six feet of additional delivery distance.

The only thing I can think of is coordination between the PG kitchen and MDR servers.

• Like 1