Suite perks?

vino100

31 minutes ago, vino100 said:

With the new upgrade programs I’m confused. 
do full suites still get free room service? 
there are so many threads that I am getting more cofused each day ! 

You are not alone.  If...you go by what Princess has described, you will have to pay.  It is being rolled out soon.  Hopefully we will get some feedback from those cruising next week.  I would love to be a fly on the wall in the Royal Class ships' concierge lounge.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

You are not alone.  If...you go by what Princess has described, you will have to pay.  It is being rolled out soon.  Hopefully we will get some feedback from those cruising next week.  I would love to be a fly on the wall in the Royal Class ships' concierge lounge.  

I know, imagine spending $20.000 on the Sky suite and then getting charged for room service, I don't know how Princess management can keep a straight face 

• Like 4

It does seem we have to rely on guests who board ships after the upcoming changes are rolled out.  

The FAQ section on the website does not specifically list any differences for suites.  

But, what is listed seems to be inconsistent with what is happening now OB, according to guests OB.  

Having to wait to hear from guests who are OB as the new charges roll out is totally ridiculous. IMO

• Like 2

10 hours ago, vino100 said:

With the new upgrade programs I’m confused. 
do full suites still get free room service? 
there are so many threads that I am getting more cofused each day ! 

I am presently in a full suite and we are ordering room service today.  So when we do we will let you know hopefully.  We are also confused.  Bigger problem is that there does not seem to be a room service menu whatsoever.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Knickearth said:

I am presently in a full suite and we are ordering room service today.  So when we do we will let you know hopefully.  We are also confused.  Bigger problem is that there does not seem to be a room service menu whatsoever.

Thanks for taking the time to respond. 
it is concerning there is no menu. 
it seems like suite perks are going away. 

19 minutes ago, Knickearth said:

Do you have a beverage package?

Did you initiate the OceanNow App?

Did you use your cabin phone to order RS?

TIA

2 hours ago, Knickearth said:

What ship are you on ?  The changes are being rolled out ship by ship not all at one time

2 hours ago, vino100 said:

Thanks for taking the time to respond. 
it is concerning there is no menu. 
it seems like suite perks are going away. 

MDR menus are on the app and on the TV. Suites have always been able to order from them. Question is do you incur a fee if you have only a Standard fare

21 minutes ago, memoak said:

What ship are you on ?  The changes are being rolled out ship by ship not all at one time

Probably Ruby?  Only started on Sapphire on Aug 2nd.  Next ships start Aug 12th.

image.thumb.jpeg.6684cb6197997156db9cfbd1582fc854.jpeg

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

TIA

Disregard my questions, if you’re on the Ruby.  That change hasn’t been implemented yet.

Well, we're on Discovery in three weeks' time in a Penthouse Suite. We have the Plus package as a gift from our TA, so also confused as to what's included and what isn't.

I guess the changes will be implemented for Sunday's sailing, so anxious to see what changes there will be. I'm guessing that if it's not the product I originally purchased, I have the right to cancel, even this close to sailing, but it may mean I have to sue rather than Princess just rolling over and accepting it.

This will be our first Princess experience after being Celebrity cruisers since I quit smoking eight years ago. Prior to that to was mostly NCL with some RC thrown in. I know none of the lines are perfect, so we'll se what happens.

17 minutes ago, Guindalf said:

Well, we're on Discovery in three weeks' time in a Penthouse Suite. We have the Plus package as a gift from our TA, so also confused as to what's included and what isn't.

I guess the changes will be implemented for Sunday's sailing, so anxious to see what changes there will be. I'm guessing that if it's not the product I originally purchased, I have the right to cancel, even this close to sailing, but it may mean I have to sue rather than Princess just rolling over and accepting it.

This will be our first Princess experience after being Celebrity cruisers since I quit smoking eight years ago. Prior to that to was mostly NCL with some RC thrown in. I know none of the lines are perfect, so we'll se what happens.

With the Plus package Ocean Now and room service is included so you will not be charged. But we all want to know what would happen if you had Standard fare where these are NOT included. Hopefully someone in a full suite with out a package will chime in soon. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Knickearth said:

You can also ask your room steward to bring you the day’s MDR menus hard copy. I always do then I date them and save them as part of my memorabilia from that trip. 

Edited by HaveDogWillTravel

There are so many threads on the topic of the new enhanced perks of the beverage package that I don't know which to add this to.  Decided this is the one "Suite Perks" that I will be following more closely than the others.

I really like Dons Vacation.  He is such a level headed guy and usually on a pretty level keel.  But today's webair for travel agents really got the hair on the back of his neck riled up.

Princess needs to fix this.  Not a good idea to get your TA's upset.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

There are so many threads on the topic of the new enhanced perks of the beverage package that I don't know which to add this to.  Decided this is the one "Suite Perks" that I will be following more closely than the others.

I really like Dons Vacation.  He is such a level headed guy and usually on a pretty level keel.  But today's webair for travel agents really got the hair on the back of his neck riled up.

Princess needs to fix this.  Not a good idea to get your TA's upset.

He is absolutely correct.  The webinar was yesterday Aug. 10th. I watched it because I thought the VP would give more information on the new changes.  I fast forwarded through all the polar instructions.  Which it seemed to be a video instruction for new agents.  Maybe they could use this for internal training? 😳

The information on the new beverage packages was very short and a sales pitch for selling them.  I was trying to see if we had any answers to our questions here on CC.  Nope!

Edited by PacnGoNow

5 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

The information on the new beverage packages was very short and a sales pitch for selling them.  I was trying to see if we had any answers to our questions here on CC.  Nope!

I find it ironic, idiotic, sad, ridiculous, that we need to come to Cruise Critic to get answers from Princess.  And even when we do this, we can't guarantee that what is posted is "gospel". 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I find it ironic, idiotic, sad, ridiculous, that we need to come to Cruise Critic to get answers from Princess.  And even when we do this, we can't guarantee that what is posted is "gospel". 

No we can’t. All we can do is try to post what we find on the website or from PCL representatives.  But, even that is fluid.  I agree with Don, we just want clear answers.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

TIA

Yes tobev package but they are willy Nelly about it.  My hubby and I as well as friends in a balcony regularly get credited with ordering specialty coffees or alcohol.  Don’t know why.  We were considering ocean now for lunch in the cabin today, but didn’t appreciate the choices offered.  Did not order room service

12 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Why the huge gap in dates?

As for the Coral it looks like they will let it finish the world cruise before implementing the new charges.

The WC had started before the new announcement.

• Like 1